SCORE OF MY LIFE!!!

rubbishvisualrubbishvisual 187 Posts
edited January 2016 in Record Collecting
This is why I am glad most of Portland sleeps in.$200!!!GOT 'EMOne tub is nothing but KPM all sequentially numbered. The other two are loaded with Conroy, Bruton, Themes and a bunch of joints I can't wait to dig into.and for those that know me...yes..."Background Action" was in with the Conroys...whoa!!!!thanks for lookingregardsj
The Bizarre

Comments

• Nice... you got some drama themes in there?
    I see some pretty obscure labels...

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts
    DIE

• (sound of jaw dropping)

you suck...

nice frickin' haul man.

SONIC

• i shat on your greatgrandfathers grave

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Um.

Holy fucking shit. Congrats.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    that's nuts! the guy listing them seems to even know what they are, kinda? Why would he sell so cheap?

• holy shit mr. jeigh!!
    congrats!
    42 cents each, not bad

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Reminds me of when Rory Stopandcop e-mailed me about his big library score a few years a go... The library market has died down considerably but i think it's safe to say you can start looking at new SUVs.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    rad dude

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    that's nuts! the guy listing them seems to even know what they are, kinda? Why would he sell so cheap?
    Smae reason people sell anything cheap:
    1. fast money
    2. sick of looking at it and don't want to deal w/ it anymore just want it gone

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    wow. goddamn.. nice work man!

entire kpm 1000 series?

what other labels are there? looks like parry, conroy, themes, amphonic, studio g

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    They all look so pretty when they're organized by label like that. It looks like a rainbow after a wet dream.

Smae reason people sell anything cheap:

1. fast money

2. sick of looking at it and don't want to deal w/ it anymore just want it gone

but were talking like 10's of thousands of dollars worth of records for 200 bucks. Listed as "a DJ's samle-rific dream"... I think it's decidedly un-usual...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

The albums are being sold -AS A COMPLETE PACKAGE-. It's all or nothing. The records come in three storage bins, which are included in the sale. You must come to my home at SE 32nd and Belmont to pick them up. Warning: they're very heavy.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Wowwww... you came up, hommie. Don't forget that the majority of library records are doo doo, so I don't know how many real gems you got there. But even still, 600 for $200? You can't go wrong with a deal like that. Wowwww....

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    DIE
    DIE
    DIE
    DIE
    DIE

• This is why I am glad most of Portland sleeps in.
    and for those that know me...yes..."Background Action" was in with the Conroys...whoa!!!!

What about "Feelings"?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Don't forget that the majority of library records are doo doo, so I don't know how many real gems you got there.

Still... all he's got to do is hype up the mediocre/lame ones as having "stabs and chops" and some dufus on eBay will buy them. I know Canadian guys who do this and make a killing.

• oh that shit looks like such antiquated garbage to your average american citizen. he is happy that you bought that shit. i mean it's not ELVIS or anything... pffft.

two years ago i bought a similar collection here in LA mind you. all domestic library and sounds. it was owned by a guy who was with disney for 30 years. capitol media music to the hilt. some really great stuff on that label. some other labels i have never had before.

800 records $600.

where was it sitting? in an orange county thrift store for 6 MONTHS. the thrift store was trying to sell it as a whole and no one would bite and it sat and sat and sat and sat. by the time i found about about it was... still sitting there doing nothing! i bought that shit. this was 2003.

needless to say endless amounts of orange county a-hole wannabe record nerds started jocking me... " oh you got that " boo hoo hoo hoo.

it was there for the taking!

moral of the story... if it don't say led zepplin or have an afro on the cover it ain't shit!

i personally am not into the library record scene because it is a little souless and sanatized for me ( YOGA MAN/FOLKWAYS only ) but i still shat on your greatgreatgrandfathers grave.

congrats

ap

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    What about "Feelings"?

needless to say endless amounts of orange county a-hole wannabe record nerds started jocking me... " oh you got that " boo hoo hoo hoo.

haha! please to describe them to me - I know these people! It's the least you can do after I sent you the now hyped "Yoga Man Lp"

• but were talking like 10's of thousands of dollars worth of records for 200 bucks.

that ain't 10k worth of shit. it is cool records though. remember 70% of all library is turd soaked country, easy listening, caca pop and sound effect doo doo. i am sure you have like 150 cool ass records in there though.

• needless to say endless amounts of orange county a-hole wannabe record nerds started jocking me... " oh you got that " boo hoo hoo hoo.

haha! please to describe them to me - I know these people! It's the least you can do after I sent you the now hyped "Yoga Man Lp"

some long haired bastard with womens sunglasses

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    This is why I am glad most of Portland sleeps in.

$200!!!

GOT 'EM

One tub is nothing but KPM all sequentially numbered. The other two are loaded with Conroy, Bruton, Themes and a bunch of joints I can't wait to dig into.

and for those that know me...yes..."Background Action" was in with the Conroys...whoa!!!!

thanks for looking

regards
    j

His dad's studio my ass. All that shit was stolen from Jump Jump Music. I've called the police, expect a knock on your door.

Dan

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    800 records $600.
    another thing AP, lots of folks don't really have $600 to spend on some records and then invest the time etc. to flip them for what they could get for 'em. As for this hall being "tens of thousands of dollars worth" is it really? And like AP says to normal folks beatles and elvis + $$$ everything else + crap please take it of my hands.

some long haired bastard with womens sunglasses

Come on dude! I have so little to entertain myself with!

What city was the thrift store in?

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Jeigh notified me of this this morning before he picked it up, I almost started to look for cheap tickets to fly up there and scoop 'em before he did...:D nah, really though, I couldn't be happier for this hommie. Speak of record karma...grips of sealed Makeba & Scratch...check, grips of library records...check!! Hommie always comes up. Good stuff.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

but were talking like 10's of thousands of dollars worth of records for 200 bucks.

that ain't 10k worth of shit. it is cool records though. remember 70% of all library is turd soaked country, easy listening, caca pop and sound effect doo doo. i am sure you have like 150 cool ass records in there though.

yeah, but even easy listening library records have DRAMA STABS right Beatdawg?

• 800 records $600.
    another thing AP, lots of folks don't really have $600 to spend on some records and then invest the time etc. to flip them for what they could get for 'em. As for this hall being "tens of thousands of dollars worth" is it really? And like AP says to normal folks beatles and elvis + $$$ everything else + crap please take it of my hands.

if this shitz worth 10k my ballsac is made of diamond encrusted sold gold. cool score though. library is rarz.