KICKS..........

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Sunfade said:

TROOPS are terrible.

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    Got these two on my last trip to the US a few weeks ago.

Big Nike High

Lunar fly (the most comfortable sneakers I've bought in forever)

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I still need these joints:

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

i just picked these up at foot locker last week. they were also retro'd in '05. best nike non-basketball shoe ever. #2 is the air max '95 neon green...also released this summer.

probably still available online & in some stores.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    keithvanhorn said:

they were also retro'd in '05. best nike non-basketball shoe ever. #2 is the air max '95 neon green...also released this summer.

they were also released in 08 and as for the best non basketball nike
    :NO:
    have you even heard of shoes like the huarache or the span? even the laser blue 90 (which is due for re release this year again also) is imo a better c/way

i guess i should have said "in my opinion". the og huarache's were nice in yellow/blue. nike span? you lost all sneaker credibility with that one.

the_dL said:
    keithvanhorn said:

they were also retro'd in '05. best nike non-basketball shoe ever. #2 is the air max '95 neon green...also released this summer.

they were also released in 08 and as for the best non basketball nike
    :NO:
    have you even heard of shoes like the huarache or the span? even the laser blue 90 (which is due for re release this year again also) is imo a better c/way

Nike Span = Fat & White Under Cover Cop In The Hood Running Sneakers

• HOTSOUPHOTSOUP 63 Posts

Don't sleep on the Spans. One of my favorites.

HOTSOUP said:

Don't sleep on the Spans. One of my favorites.

WACK

keithvanhorn said:
    . nike span? you lost all sneaker credibility with that one.

:oof:
    maybe its a location thing, but i have to say that most serious (ie;european/japanese/australian) running sneaker enthusiast will always rate shoes like the span and base very highly, I know running shoes (collector wise) have not been extremely popular in the US, in fact as some one who has been collecting/dealing/trading running sneakers since the early 90's, it has only been over the past 6-7 years that I have started dealing with people in the US, before that it was always the japanese or european (mainly the dutch and english and the occasional german) .

the_dL said:
    most serious (ie;european/japanese/australian) running sneaker enthusiast

:get_on_my_level:

keithvanhorn said:
    the_dL said:
    most serious (ie;european/japanese/australian) running sneaker enthusiast

:get_on_my_level:

:oh_my: it did kind of come across like that, even though i tried to word it so it wouldn't, its all good, no hatt from me, its just over here, every cool guy with serato and a dilla changed my life t shirt wore/wears the infra reds so it has turned a once great sneaker into something i have come to not be a big fan of (that and the fact the shape/color/air bubble size has changed so much over the past few years that they barely even look like the OG)

keithvanhorn said:
    nike span? you lost all sneaker credibility with that one.

That's about the most lil' dude thing I've ever heard anybody say in here regarding sneakers. Plaese to not speak on that which thou dost not knoweth. Spans are vintage crack rock.

As for infrareds and neons, I like them too, but not the best ever IMO. plenty of stuff out there I like more, but they are definitely classics.

G_Balliando said:
    keithvanhorn said:
    nike span? you lost all sneaker credibility with that one.

That's about the most lil' dude thing I've ever heard anybody say in here regarding sneakers. Plaese to not speak on that which thou dost not knoweth. Spans are vintage crack rock.

they are ugly. i wasn't commenting on what is hot amongst the running shoe collector enthusiasts of japan & australia.

G_Balliando said:
    Spans are vintage crack rock.
    g">

in suburbia

batmon said:
    G_Balliando said:
    Spans are vintage crack rock.
    g">

in suburbia

Meanwhile, "the streets" are sporting fake air force 1's and PF flyers and shit.

dL - are those the ARC Sauconys? I was never a Saucony guy but I like those.

Converse has done a lot with the iconic Weapon silhouette over the past couple of years. In 2008, Converse unleashed some very nice colorways of the Weapon, and the Converse Weapon EVO debuted in 2009. In addition, we have spotted a vintage version of the 1986-released Converse Weapon. Its color scheme is ideal for the average Lakers fan as purple, yellow and white leather make up the entire upper. However, its most intriguing feature is the off-white, vintage sole it possesses. This aspect gives the shoe an overall 1986 feel to say the least. The Converse Weapon ???86 Yellow/Purple Vintage is now available at select spots worldwide.

Pagin' Bassie.........

I dont know if they are gonna come out w/ the Red joints you own.

And the "vintage" look is on you.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    That "vintage" sole looks like sh*t. I've heard you can clean it off though.

Yeah the vintage thingy is questionable, but if i was a Weapons fiend, i'd deal and rock them shits.

• copped

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
    copped

back to basics.
    hottest summer joints out. copped the all white leather ones nike collbo with some famous japanese artist last year...been on ice til now.

bout time some dudes w/ some style thats not locked in the 90's Air Max steez

so, 80's converse weapons are cool but 90's air max are not? sounds like you got your salt shaker out...

G_Balliando said:
    so, 80's converse weapons are cool but 90's air max are not? sounds like you got your salt shaker out...

Dont ether yourself comin at me in a KICKS thread.

1) I posted them for Bassie.

2) U knuckleheads throw up the same 5 90's era air max every 4 months. The Realness Movie sneakers.

3) 80's WEAPONS dont get the same jockriding as MAX cause yall werent even into sneakers in 86.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    batmon said:

:bizzo:

I hate ankle straps. They enrage me.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    batmon said:
    G_Balliando said:

Dont ether yourself comin at me in a KICKS thread.

1) I posted them for Bassie.

2) U knuckleheads throw up the same 5 90's era air max every 4 months. The Realness Movie sneakers.

3) 80's WEAPONS dont get the same jockriding as MAX cause yall werent even into sneakers in 86.

Defensiveness = ETHERED

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    batmon said:

Converse has done a lot with the iconic Weapon silhouette over the past couple of years. In 2008, Converse unleashed some very nice colorways of the Weapon, and the Converse Weapon EVO debuted in 2009. In addition, we have spotted a vintage version of the 1986-released Converse Weapon. Its color scheme is ideal for the average Lakers fan as purple, yellow and white leather make up the entire upper. However, its most intriguing feature is the off-white, vintage sole it possesses. This aspect gives the shoe an overall 1986 feel to say the least. The Converse Weapon ???86 Yellow/Purple Vintage is now available at select spots worldwide.

Pagin' Bassie.........

I dont know if they are gonna come out w/ the Red joints you own.

And the "vintage" look is on you.

Thanks!!

I am not enjoying the discoloured plastic sole.
    I wore my Weapons to Caribana yesterday. It was a sad day. I finally had to admit that these shoes are so trashed it is acceptable to wear them to a parade with a gazillion people, more than half of whom are too drunk and distracted by half-naked ladies covered in glitter to watch out for stepping on feet.
    The yellow/purple colourways are nice on the eyes, I do like it but I would never wear them.

I've moved on from red - I need green and/or blue Weapons.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    bassie said:

I need blue Weapons.

Yes, I need these too. Hit the alert button if you find them.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    What's your size?