NBA OFFSEASON 2010: BRONMANIA aka FA INSANITY

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    mylatency said:
    JimBeam said:

kobe was even pining for raja bell a month ago.

saying, so glad Utah came through with the $10mil for Raja
    Kobe is WEIRD

No, you're weird. lol

non-ballers still talking that shit.

LA still on top.

2010, ain't nothing changed.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    yuichi said:

LA still on top.

...and Yuki's still a clownshoe

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    yuichi said:

LA still on top.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    faux_rillz said:
    JimBeam said:
    also,
    seriously, how does this shit head run an nba team? (pay attention for c-webb destroying him)

"We're not gonna talk about me and Darko in the same sentence"

In addition to his lame and totally inappropriate comments about Beasley smoking too much weed, Kahn was just whining about Chris Webber coming into the interview with an agenda. Webber really didn't even do anything other than give this moron enough rope to hang himself.

the "... good luck" at the end of that interview is so priceless.

you dudes give C Webb way too much credit as a commentator.

There's a reason why he rarely sits with the main guys at TNT now.

batmon said:
    faux_rillz said:
    yuichi said:

LA still on top.

Last pair I bought were the Draft Days. Those are ugly.

what the hell is with this post editor?

yuichi said:

i suppose the every-man, stuck in slow mo drawl of reggie miller or the can't quite complete a sentence using non-existent words of magic is more your speed, broseph?

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    JB, dude, this is yuki you're talking to...

JimBeam said:
    yuichi said:

i suppose the every-man, stuck in slow mo drawl of reggie miller or the can't quite complete a sentence using non-existent words of magic is more your speed, broseph?

Reggie got better.

Magic is the man. The dude lights up the screen like none other. And it helps that his analysis is on point.

His size is still apparently desireable, but the dude is whoring himself out at this point...

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=5434969

"LAST YEAR KOBE COULDN'T DO WITHOUT ME"

maybe spoken a little too early?

KOBE 5 > SHAQ 4

2010 Hall-of-Fame inductees on Aug. 13
    http://espn.go.com/nba/halloffame

Lebron thanks "Akron" in ad for Akron newspaper...

Partial schedule for NBA season 2010-2011 up....

Both LA teams are ready.

Miami got some solid role players, they're ready.

Celtics are ready.

I am SO ready for basketball....

NBA is the WWF of the 21st century. It's OK for entertainment value, but if you actually enjoy the sport of basketball, you pretty much have to watch NCAA.

G_Balliando said:
    NBA is the WWF of the 21st century. It's OK for entertainment value, but if you actually enjoy the sport of basketball, you pretty much have to watch NCAA.

You watch the WNBA as well huh?

You mean to tell me Ray Allen's Finals explosion was some WWF shit?

This is such a tired argument.

G_Balliando said:

And how much college ball do you watch? lol

I've been watching plenty of college ball the last few years as the NBA has made its way to rock bottom again with all the soap opera bullshit. I'm over it. College ball is much more pure in comparison. The talent level might not be as high, but the drama is low, and the players all play their hearts out. That's the kind of ball I like to watch. I finally see the light, I see what all these old fuckers have been talking about all along. I didn't even watch one game of the NBA finals last year. I watched as many tournament games as possible though, and I will again next year. NCAA is just a more exciting game to watch.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I gotta disagree I find most college basketball boring as hell until march madness. The college game is dominated by coaches and too many of them are control freaks where they either don't trust their players or use the shot clock as a form of defense so they walk the ball up the court and then pass it round and round and round the perimeter for almost the entire shot clock until they try to make any kind of play to make a basket.

G_Balliando said:
    I've been watching plenty of college ball the last few years as the NBA has made its way to rock bottom again with all the soap opera bullshit. I'm over it. College ball is much more pure in comparison. The talent level might not be as high, but the drama is low, and the players all play their hearts out. That's the kind of ball I like to watch. I finally see the light, I see what all these old fuckers have been talking about all along. I didn't even watch one game of the NBA finals last year. I watched as many tournament games as possible though, and I will again next year. NCAA is just a more exciting game to watch.

You cant separate the off court "drama" from the actual game?

G_Balliando said:
    The talent level might not be as high, but the NCAA is just a more exciting game to watch.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:
    G_Balliando said:
    The talent level might not be as high, but the NCAA is just a more exciting game to watch.

Every game means something in the short NCAA season.

The fact that the season ends in a one and done tourney is just icing on the cake.

Plus the players at the top level are trying to attain draft spots and their subsequent fortunes so they (usually) leave it all out there on the court.

Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:
    G_Balliando said:

No collegiate athletic contest means anything ever

• Options
    I would enjoy college basketball a lot more if Rick Pitino would just go away.

There's a lot to like about the Celtics, but they have just become my least favorite team by signing the league's two most loathsome players in Nate Robinson and the Big Fail.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    There's a lot to like about the Celtics, but they have just become my least favorite team by signing the league's two most loathsome players in Nate Robinson and the Big Fail.

but you can't deny the idea of seeing old man Shaq Fu help take out Miami and/or L.A. in a Celtics uniform has potential. I've never been a Shaq fan, but not a hater either. 4 rings kind of squash the "Big Fail" tag. Besides, it will only work in Boston if he knows his role and stays in his lane - nobody expects him to dominate the game, but he is not without value and I am fully down with this signing.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:
    G_Balliando said:

No collegiate athletic contest means anything ever

Unlike the sententious National Basketball Association where every game is momentus.

Comparing the two is like comparing Polo to Fencing.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    The thing I don???t get with Boston is picking up Jermaine O???neal? I mean, the Celtics totally exposed him in the playoff series against the Heat. Shaq i get, i guess, but J.O.? After one of the worst play off performances ever?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Jermaine, I understand because it gives you 6 more fouls. Something they'll need against Miami,Orlando and Atlanta.......The Shaq move i don't get at all, unless it was done to sell a few jerseys.....he's not going to rebound or play defense if he doesn't get his touches.......and i don't see any of those dudes giving up any more shots so the old man can "go to work" in the post. They might as well sign Iverson next

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    We're all fans of the NBA here, all good. But those who really really ride for the NBA, like it's the end all be all, are really the most homo-thug brothers and the white/Asian/Latino pipsqueaks who love them, period.

Len Bias > Michael Jordan

DEAL.

G_Balliando said:

No shit.

But the only reason why you weren't interested in the gawdamnnn NBA Finals which could have swung either way last year was because YOU DIDN'T HAVE A STAKE IN IT (read: your team was not in it)