anyone peep this Earl kid?

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited July 2010 in Strut Central
i'm a fan and the video is twisted. bunch of skate rat kids from LA. Earl is 16 and he is pretty dope. entertaining to say the least....

"EARL" /// Music Video. from AG Rojas on Vimeo.

Comments

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I was really hoping this was going to be about JR Smith or E-40, but this is actually somewhat entertaining too.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Fun with fake blood!

and

Fuck Steve Harvey!

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    see Dramadermy thread.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I'm really feeling these kids. Been playing his and that dude Tyler's CD non-stop for the last few days.

Two of my favorite lines:

Earl: "Pay him some attention, he's smart and he's genius / he ain't touchin' me like Martin Sheen's penis."

Tyler: "I'm good but y'all don't want me like vegetables / I'm all in front of you zeros like decimals."

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    "theres 9 vicodins stuck up inside of the windpipes of her. a little bit of sherm sure provokes the fuking fight in her. she started biting cuz im giving cock like its advice to her"

Yeah, their material is on some foul ass shit that I'm normally not okay with, but I appreciate their wordplay, punchlines and the fact that they're a completely self-contained crew. Backpack Rap is back! ;-)

Plus that Earl kid and his brother are some funny ass dudes! Peep the "making of 'Earl'" video on YouTube.

HARDASSBEATCLAP. HARDASSBEATCLAP.

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    Herm said:
    Plus that Earl kid and his brother are some funny ass dudes! Peep the "making of 'Earl'" video on YouTube.

HARDASSBEATCLAP. HARDASSBEATCLAP.

Can I get a link? Couldn't find anything, but "Making Earl Gray Tea" and the like.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHKxFEO3d88&feature=related

Also, watch the one where Earl lands the superduperamazinglyawesome skate trick. Hilarious!

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Tyler - Bastard is :raw:

I don't care for all of the raps about raping though.

Been listening to the Earl Sweatshirt too. I think I like it better of the two. I need to go download the rest.

I totally agree about "Bastard." Sh*t is dark, depressing and very well done. I get the impression that these kids really do come from f*cked up family situations and their music is a direct reflection of that. Granted, I do think they say some off-the-wall sh*t strictly for shock value, but I forgive them 'cause they're so young.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Herm said:
    I totally agree about "Bastard." Sh*t is dark, depressing and very well done. I get the impression that these kids really do come from f*cked up family situations and their music is a direct reflection of that. Granted, I do think they say some off-the-wall sh*t strictly for shock value, but I forgive them 'cause they're so young.

Bastard is way dark and depressing. The music on a couple of the middle tracks is really moody and sets the tone for the negative stuff he's rapping about. All in all I think it is really well done. They need to work on the mic levels some but for some kids cranking out tracks they are better than I expected them to be.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    You can tell this dude LOVES Eminem. Especially "Any Man".

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    Breez said:

yea similar style to an early Eminem but since Eminem doesn't even rap like that anymore he gets a pass

i like what these kids are doing.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    behemoth said:
    Breez said:

yea similar style to an early Eminem but since Eminem doesn't even rap like that anymore he gets a pass

Oh, don't get me wrong. These little dudes can rhyme. They're nicer than half the dudes out here. And they're only 16?? WOW!

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    I've only seen "HotAssBeatClap," which is hilarious and a couple songs on YouTube. Where can I find these CDs? Dudes are pretty talented youngins.

minneap said:
    I've only seen "HotAssBeatClap," which is hilarious and a couple songs on YouTube. Where can I find these CDs? Dudes are pretty talented youngins.

http://oddfuture.tumblr.com/

Click the links at the top " Odd Future Tape Dena Tape Bastard YellowWhite Earl Ali Voyager Radical "

Each link has a different mix with the Title above the image as a link to the download.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Herm said:
    I'm really feeling these kids. Been playing his and that dude Tyler's CD non-stop for the last few days.

Same here.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    behemoth said:
    Breez said:

Just listened to EARL for the first time this morning and definitely came away feeling like he and Tyler grew up listening to earlier Eminem (for lyrics) and some Anticon-type stuff (for beats).

I also get the feeling that they're oppressed nerds who are obviously very smart and channel all their teen angst into songs about rape and murder.

• channonchannon 65 Posts
    how long 'til :hayek: on this

• hogginthefogg said:
    behemoth said:
    Breez said:

I also get the feeling that they're oppressed nerds who are obviously very smart and channel all their teen angst into songs about rape and murder.

good thing cuz i think its pretty damn good for them bein only somewhere around 18 yrs old. if they stick to it, and as they mature, they just might create some real dope shit.

but im feelin this stuff they puttin out now

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Thanks for the headsup, i fuckin love it.

Kids making good music that will piss the adults off, and they are doing it for the love of it.

This shit is fantastic, better than most of the new garbage my old ears have become tired of tolerating.

They can spit, the beats are good (16? Damn), the videos are well shot and they obviously have a great sense of humor.

i hope they blow the fuck up.

Great shit.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    hogginthefogg said:
    behemoth said:
    Breez said:

Just listened to EARL for the first time this morning and definitely came away feeling like he and Tyler grew up listening to earlier Eminem (for lyrics) and some Anticon-type stuff (for beats).

Funny how this is the only rap I've ever seen draw a positive response on Waxidermy.

Cosign on every single word that NZ said.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    HOTASSBEATCLAP HOTASSBEATCLAP

Odd Future Wolf Gang

i ride

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    faux_rillz said:

Funny how this is the only rap I've ever seen draw a positive response on Waxidermy.

WAXIDERMY LURKERS REVEALED!

edpowers said:
    HOTASSBEATCLAP HOTASSBEATCLAP

This sh*t is so silly and hilarious to me. Like some Monty Python or Mel Brooks sh*t.

"Yeah, I mean....yeah."

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    tom put this on his blogue a few weeks back

http://docdelay.com/

earl rel

AKallDay said:
    tom put this on his blogue a few weeks back

http://docdelay.com/

earl rel

Yup, that's where I first heard it (via his Facebook feed). Then I posted a HOTASSBEATCLAP thread that got crickets.