NBA OFFSEASON 2010: BRONMANIA aka FA INSANITY

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    So long diaw, barbosa, and chandler. Toronto will do nothing for u.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:
    motown67 said:
    Rev. Jackson faults Cavs owner's LeBron comments
    Posted Jul 11 2010 8:13PM

CHICAGO (AP) -- The Rev. Jesse Jackson says Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert sees LeBron James as a "runaway slave" and that his comments after the forward decided to join the Miami Heat put the player in danger.

:lol:

"How dare that nigger leave my plantation"

You pay me Cleveland/LeBron money and I'll be your slave.

Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:
    motown67 said:

CHICAGO (AP) -- The Rev. Jesse Jackson says Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert sees LeBron James as a "runaway slave" and that his comments after the forward decided to join the Miami Heat put the player in danger.

"Go get me that White Belt of yours and meet me by the tree!"

• batmon said:

finally. Barbosa's so overrated...

batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:
    motown67 said:

"Go get me that White Belt of yours and meet me by the tree!"

"Yassir......that will be $10 mil please"

walter_chron said:
    batmon said:

U didnt think he did a decent job as a backup shoot-first PG in Phoenix.

Nate Robinson steez

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The Heat are supposedly waiting to trade Beasley to Minnesota for a 2nd round draft pick! Wasn't Beasley the #2 pick in the draft the year he came out?

I thought the Beasley trade already went down??

motown67 said:
    The Heat are supposedly waiting to trade Beasley to Minnesota for a 2nd round draft pick! Wasn't Beasley the #2 pick in the draft the year he came out?

Dude suffers from a possibly career ending disease..... Knucklehead Syndrome

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    My understanding is The Heat don't have an MLE..meaning what they can offer Fisher is less than The Lakers deal...he'd be as dumb as Lebron if he signs there...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    edpowers said:
    My understanding is The Heat don't have an MLE..meaning what they can offer Fisher is less than The Lakers deal...he'd be as dumb as Lebron if he signs there...

Yeah, the LAT was reporting on what might be the possible deal and money-wise, it would be about even with the Lakers' offer (the lack of state tax in FL helps to "up" Miami's offer even though it looks lower). I think the other carrot they're dangling is that Fish would be a guaranteed starter but I don't think the Lakers would be trying to make him a back-up in any case.

In both cases though, Fisher would be taking a 50%+ paycut from what he earned last year, from $5M to roughly $2M and some change. I don't really see Fish going to Miami either but this probably wasn't a bad move to leverage a better deal out of the Lakers. I'll be curious to see where Brown goes if he doesn't end up staying in LA; not a great player but he was fun for the highlight reels.

Rockadelic said:
    motown67 said:

That's exactly what Riley said about him when the trade went public. He didn't want Beasley's "antics" around the team now that they are trying to win a championship. He had that reputation before they drafted him though so it's their own fault for wasting that pick on him.

• batmon said:
    walter_chron said:
    batmon said:

U didnt think he did a decent job as a backup shoot-first PG in Phoenix.

Nate Robinson steez

nah dude, i'd take Nate all day over "the brazilian blur". He probably is the fastest dude in the league, but he's out of control on half of his lay up attempts and is apparently too quick to play any defense at all.

Maybe it was coaching that kinda fucked him. I mean, he wasn't exactly given a solid defensive foundation and he was always a lot better at the two. He is not a point guard.

I guess all of that isn't that bad when he's hitting three's. he hasn't in the last two years...

also, he is majorly soft. I'm sure he's in Toronto still crying somewhere....

"what? my freinds don't want to play on my team anymore? I do something wrong for coach?"

i don't mean to hatt, though. He's a nice guy.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    walter_chron said:

i don't mean to hatt, though. He's a nice guy.

Barbosa had his moments but in the past couple years dealing with his Mother's death and injuries really impacted him.
    Looks like BC is creating Phoenix East with LB and Diaw

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Fish just signed w/The Lakers...7.5 for 3yrs...3rd year is player option...good deal for both sides

Fish should retire a Laker.

batmon said:

Yup. As should Kobe, when the day comes.

The Cavs should give "23" to the next guy they sign.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    batmon said:

Yup. As should Kobe, when the day comes.

The Cavs should give "23" to the next guy they sign.

YES! I wish they could have drafted Jordan Crawford (dude that dunked on LBJ last summer) and given him #23...

• reskresk 391 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    motown67 said:

Beasley would have been traded for autograph picture of himself, the HEAT had to get rid of him to clear cap space and make the lebron deal possible

• reskresk 391 Posts
    Beasley tried to get a unit in a condo three of my friends live in. One of my friends happens to be VP of their condo assocation so go to interview him. My friend had mentioned they already recieved complaints about Beasley from the valet and security (Mario Chalmers happens to currently live in this building as does Beasley's manager). Beasley kept mentioning he makes 3 million a year and so on. They ended up denying Beasley from moving in (it would have been a party condo for him anyways). A couple weeks later Beasley ended up checking into rehab during the off season.

Wade's mom lives in my hood so I always see him driving by while i am walking my dogs or playing bball (the court is in front of the valet of the buidling)

• Well, the Heat aren't going to beat LA this year, might not beat the Cs or the Magic.

If Lebron was brass he woulda gone to the Clippers. Or just stayed in Cleveland.

As it is, it's fun to have a new team to hate.

Oklahoma City really is the hope for new blood that is fun to watch and root for.

GenePontecorvo said:
    If Lebron was brass he woulda gone to the Clippers

I watched John Wall yesterday against the Warriors. Missed his game today in the Las Vegas Summer league. He had some screw ups but looked good overall.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Can't wait to see John Wall in the NBA, gonna be fun. Ty Lawson has been doing great in SL.

Nuggets got their fans on a bit of a cliffhanger at this point. It seems like they ain't doing shit. Every respectable big man they could try for keeps popping up in reports involving teams other than the Nuggets. Melo's just sitting around waiting. Such a thin line between getting to elite status and becoming a bottom team for the next 2-3 years. Not sure what's going to happen. If Melo walks, we blow it up, dump expirings, and get ready for another long road.

Melo and Paul to NY in 2011/12

Big Z to Miami

So you really think the Nuggets will just let him walk for nothing? I doubt that. They have to work out some kind of trade this year if he doesn't sign the extension. Also, Amare/Melo/Paul will be a joke. That might be the worst defensive group of allstars in the league. Paul is probably the only decent defender of the 3 (because he's a good flopper). In a D'Antoni system, there will be no emphasis on defense and I can't see that team winning anything substantial (i.e. playoff series). I don't think Melo wants to lose. I know he loves NY, but I can't imagine he would think his chances of winning anything would be better there than in Denver if Denver can address front court issues. But who knows, we'll see...

• batmon said:
    Melo and Paul to NY in 2011/12

Yes. This is what the N.O. paper was screaming this morning.
    Even as a hornets fan, I'm sick of seeing CP3's talents straight wasted on a team
    with little money, coach questions and an ownership up for sale.
    I say CP should go. He played well with 'Mello in the Olympics.

I want to hear a compelling argument on how Amare/Melo/Paul is better than any of the elite teams in the east...

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    looks like the warriors finally sold today. larry ellison rumored to pay 80% of about $400M. Official announcement either tonight or tomorrow morning.

this, of course, after larry riley made a bunch of stupid trades/moves for the sole purpose of having "made moves for an all star" on his resume as he shops it around the league when he's inevitably shit-canned. (nobody's mentioning how lee was an all star replacement for AI, btw... still an awful, awful trade)

it's great news overall, but didn't come soon enough... there was just enough time between the announcement of the team up for sale and the purchase for cohan and ellison to dig this team into a substantially larger and longer-term hole in terms of player contracts.
    i vote for a viking burial of the cohan era.