RIP Gary Coleman

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
Gary Coleman is dead. He was taken off life support on Friday morning and passed away, both TMZ and Radaronline.com report. His wife Shannon Price and her father were at the hospital.Coleman, 42, was best known for his role as Arnold Jackson on "Diff'rent Strokes." Word got out that he was hospitalized Thursday and in critical condition.This is breaking news, more to come.

Comments

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    NONONONOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooijaheW F0O'Q;00QWEOVQWIG;VET423124c WEOGMLV;'EQW QO4JB' ;

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    : (

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    sad sad sad.

RIP

NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!~

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Aw man. That's really sad. I'd read that he was on life support and was hoping he'd pull through. RIP

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    RIP little big dude

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    How is it that Mr. Drummond is a few years shy of 90, but two of his four TV kids are dead? Not good.

He's been sick since i was a kid.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    the world don't beat to just one drum. nuff said.

• analog_tapeanalog_tape 604 Posts
    RIP little big dude

no doubt

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Gary Coleman was incredibly funny as a young actor. I feel bad that he had so many trials over the years, such as his parents spending his fortune , and difficulties maintaining a career in TV/film as an adult. He did his thing when he had the opportunity and entertained masses of people in the process. RIP Mr. Coleman. I hope you now have the peace in death that you couldn't achieve in life.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

And I was just reading on the Onion's website that Todd Bridges just came out with a tell-all book, too.

And no, it is not titled That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout, Willis.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

I hope you now have the peace in death that you couldn't achieve in life.

Couldn't have said it better. RIP

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Classic material!!!

RIP, Mr. Coleman.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Classic material!!!

RIP, Mr. Coleman.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Hells yeah. Dude got his initial run on Good Times.

Dude was his own animal. Different Strokes wasnt all that of a show even if i was glued to it every ep for the first couple of seasons. His schtick got tired.
    Webster was a clone of Gary w/out the smartmouf.

I really enjoyed when the 90's Blaxplotation TV era got goin and he appeared on Martin and The Wayan Bros. Str8 silly and he ran right along w/ the 'inside jokes'.

IIRC there was a 2 hour special he did post Diff Strokes where he was some Private eye/spy of someshit.

Dude played on Buck Rogers as well in the 80's.

AND dude had a fuskin Cartoon during his heyday.

Rest in Peace - U dont have to worry about The Gooch no more.

Hells yeah. Dude got his initial run on Good Times.

And even before that, Chicagoans remember when he was doing commercials for Harris Bank. Same big head, less chubby, wore glasses.

Different Strokes wasnt all that of a show even if i was glued to it every ep for the first couple of seasons. His schtick got tired.

That's actually WHY I kept watching Diff'rent Strokes.

Even as a kid/teenager, I knew that this was a poorly-written and abysmally-acted show, but I also knew the impact of a show being so bad it was good. Strokes fell in that category for me. What I remember the most is that they kept working the "whatchoo talkin' bout Willis?" line LONG after it wore out. Five or six years on the air and they were always milking that. Even the studio audience wasn't laughing as hard at that line as they were some years before.

Remember the episode (two-parter?) where Arnold (Gary) and his friend Dudley get abducted by a child molester?

When the perp was caught...
    Mr. Drummond: "Arnold, the man who took you to his house was a CHILD MOLESTER."
    Arnold (you could see it coming): "Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Dad!"

I really enjoyed when the 90's Blaxplotation TV era got goin and he appeared on Martin and The Wayan Bros. Str8 silly and he ran right along w/ the 'inside jokes'.

In the '90s, there was this PATHETIC guest shot on Geraldo Rivera's talk show...the subject was superstar lookalikes, and for no rhyme or reason, at the end of the show Gary Coleman shows up. You could tell he was breaking his back by putting up a front. Sure enough, the audience Q&A was all: "let me hear you say 'whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis?'" and "let me pinch your cheeks!" (The last remark was spoken by an attractive lady. Gary tried to play it off: "Hey, you can touch more than that if you meet me backstage...", but it was evident that she wasn't going for that.)

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Damn i was mia all weekend and just logged on to find out this. So sad.
    Like everyone said it wasn't a great show but i still grew up on that shit.
    RIP

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    RIP Arnold.
    long live the Gooch.