The Bizzie Boys

danmccauleydanmccauley 25 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
just grabbed a sealed copy of the bizzie boys - hype time/dope on payroll recordshow is it?

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Why don't you open it and find out.

Or check sites like discogs or collectorsfrenzy for value.

Shit ain't rocket science

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    sheeesh

was that "sheesh" at me, Tone? Sorry man I woke up with a headache. But seriously, dude doesn't know the Bizzie Boys?

nope...i share your concern at the lethargy and lack of curiosity of gripper in question

For the knownotz...

Bizzie Boys was Ski's first group. Ski went on to form Original Flavor. Then he went solo with his production as Ski Beats and laid the tracks for about 1/2 of "Reasonable Doubt"... dude is the real.

and all bizzieboys related material is good

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

I always wondered if this was the same group spelled wrong?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

I always wondered if this was the same group spelled wrong?

Hey Delay,

Nah, those are different groups. The Bizzie Boys were out of Greensboro, NC on Roland James's (I think that was his last name) Payroll Records. I had some dealings with them back in the late 80's to do some production, but like an idiot, I didn't want to introduce my beats with a group other than my own. I even had a beat session with Ski at his apartment where I played him folkish/rock-type beats (see the Birds of a Feather stuff here: Stacks's Music Site) that you'd later here on Original Flavor's LP. Before then, dude was straight James Brown, soul sample steeze. . The Bizzie Boys put out some good stuff!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    What you guys know about the Bizzo Boys?

I've heard of them, but it would help jog my memory if I could see a picture.

If you know what I mean.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Or check sites like discogs or collectorsfrenzy for value.

Shit ain't rocket science

Actually, it is

And with the help of my Lupe Fiasco x Alife x Futura ltd. ed. iPhone, I am an astrophysicist of this schitt

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

The LP was a disappointment... this single might be the best tho

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Ski is working with Dame again, he just put an album out on Dame's label... he's supposed to have beats on Curren$y's album too

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    this single might be the best tho

bside of droppin it is kinda shit (but I have a very lo tolerance for hip housey keyboard sounds).

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I heard that "droppin it" single on a mixtape my boy had from NY back in like 89 or 90 but never knew who it was and never found out but I LOVED that song. It haunted me for a few years.

Fast forward like 3 years later and my mom was out of town and had a friend of hers housesitting. She gets home and calls me the next day and says "you left one of your records here" so I go over and it's this white label 12" on Yo Records by the Bizzie Boys, who I had never heard of. I tell her it's not mine, she calls her friend who was housesitting and asked if he or any of his friends had left it and he said no so I just took it home. Put it on ...and my mouth hit the floor with that first "dunnn....hey hey" hit.

To this day I have no idea how it got there.

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
    the first single is cool but not as good as Droppin it in my opinion.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

The LP was a disappointment... this single might be the best tho

I heard that "droppin it" single on a mixtape my boy had from NY back in like 89 or 90 but never knew who it was and never found out but I LOVED that song. It haunted me for a few years.

Fast forward like 3 years later and my mom was out of town and had a friend of hers housesitting. She gets home and calls me the next day and says "you left one of your records here" so I go over and it's this white label 12" on Yo Records by the Bizzie Boys, who I had never heard of. I tell her it's not mine, she calls her friend who was housesitting and asked if he or any of his friends had left it and he said no so I just took it home. Put it on ...and my mouth hit the floor with that first "dunnn....hey hey" hit.

To this day I have no idea how it got there.

oops. amazing story