2»

Comments

• ignastyignasty 163 Posts
    without question.

For my money, this has always been it.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    without question.

For my money, this has always been it.

Another vote here for the GOAT dunk. It just doesn't get any better than this.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    One of my favorites....

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Sorry y'all, but this is the greatest dunk of all time, bar none...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Far as just dunks....yea, this dude could dunk....

Hanner Perea: High School Junior

I'm scared of that dude.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Sorry y'all, but this is the greatest dunk of all time, bar none...

Agreed. No question whatsoever. Forever and ever.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    the vince carter dunk from the olympics is the goat. you can't really compare dunks that are on people v. dunks that are in fast breaks.

if there were a separate category for dunks that actually meant something to an important game, i'd go with the doctor j dunk or the starks over jordan.

there is a dunk where jordan goes right on top of rex chapman that is pretty good.

actually, i think its jordan over kelly trepuka (sp?)...its definitely against the hornets

Hell no the Vince Carter Olympic dunk ain't the GOAT. That's not even his best personal dunk. But the knock against it is really that since then, and possibly even before it, we've seen that same jumping-over-someone dunk done by others.

Ain't nobody ever dunked with the style that Dr. J displayed on his most famous.

NOBODY!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    That Dr J dunk is probably tops on my list. Just because he makes he play first and then finishes with such style. Doc was the perfect blend of style and athletic ability.

I couldn't find the dunk by David Thompson over Wes Unseld. Dude's knees were up around his head, went right over the top of him. Here's some DT eye candy.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

How about greatest passes?

Best passing big man....

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

How about greatest passes? #3 on this Maravich reel is a mind blower.

Oh man. I remember playing a pickup game one time with the proverbial 40-year-old gym rat with the rec specs and high socks who sons everybody...dude had that pass down pat. Like, he was super-accurate with it. It was pretty amazing.

Get that Bob Cousy bullshit outta this Darryl Dawkins thread.

• Get that Bob Cousy bullshit outta this Darryl Dawkins thread.

no one's ever named a pass the 'turbo sexaphonic delight'.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I'm picking up NBA JAM tonight. Already have the 4 controllers. it's ON

Hell no the Vince Carter Olympic dunk ain't the GOAT. That's not even his best personal dunk. But the knock against it is really that since then, and possibly even before it, we've seen that same jumping-over-someone dunk done by others.

Ain't nobody ever dunked with the style that Dr. J displayed on his most famous.

NOBODY!

this is turning into a spiderman v. superman debate, but the dr. j dunk is cool because of the cradle move he does while still on the ground. vince carter literally jumped over a 7 footer which is more impressive for obvious reasons. if someone at the nba or olympic level has done a more impressive dunk, i have yet to see it.

this is the jordan dunk i was talking about:

in and out dribble to go around chapman, dunk is over trepuka

trepuka

Who?

You see dunks like that every day in the league right now.

The Olympic dunk is def one of the best. But it's too damn clean. I need bodies rolling on the floor after the dunk. Like the Kobe one at UNLV or Kemp down the lane.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

I like how Rodman sorta pretends he didn't get embarassed here with the rainman's balls in face. on some "all good; nice dunk" shit when clearly he got owned.

Yea, Kemp is funny as hell sitting on him like that. LOL

"HUMAN FACIAL"

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Definitely one of the great NBA what ifs. Walton wasn't too bad a passer either.

How about greatest passes?

Best passing big man....