TUFF CREW!

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
Yeah, went in on some Tuff Crew pon de blog...Check it owwwwt... www.cosmobaker.com

Comments

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
    Dope post! Two questions though for a rap nerd..
    What ever happened to Mc Mechanism? And was Mechanism Grand Poohbah from the Krown Rulers?

"C'mon Go Off!"

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    awesome, i was actually going to start a thread last week about peoples favorite cuts in any hip hop track inspired by rolling around listening to danger zone on repeat in my car for the past 2 weeks, the cuts on that were so ahead of their time, and only just recently have i realized how influential they were on my opinions of cuts over the years

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    cos, the blog looks great.
    kick the ball and release the motherfuckin kraken!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    "Mountainn's World" is my shit--I feel like that song is mad underrated.

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    Yeah, Great Work!!! Tuff Crew Rules!

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    that Krown Rulers track was fire!!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Fine stuff indeed, going to sit down and read through it properly over morning coffee.

On a side note, Going The Distance is among my absolute favourite intro/first tracks to any rap album ever.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    that Krown Rulers track was fire!!

"...anything you want!!!" Boom, kak, boom, tiiiiz, kak, boom-boom kak, boom kak kak-kak dooon...

I also gotta big up B-Boy Document speaking of The Krown Rulers:

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    What ever happened to Mc Mechanism? And was Mechanism Grand Poohbah from the Krown Rulers?

"C'mon Go Off!"

Nah, Mechanism came kind of after the fact, I think. Like when the group broke up, Tone Love did "Flippin Kilos*", Too Tuff was on some other shit, Monty got a day job I think and Ice Dog, LA Kid did Still Dangerous, Robbin Hoods, North Town Villians, that was E.M.C.E.E. Mechanism. He's still around and recorded / played shows with Too Tuff off the "Lost Archives" album, but heard he had some troubles recently.

And Grand Poohahh is Terrel Ivey, from Camden, NJ. He's not Mechanism.

*Tone Love's "Flippin Kilos" - I need that. Cassette tape only I think. Banging. Need it. Very important

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    "Mountainn's World" is my shit--I feel like that song is mad underrated.

That beat is SICK.

PS: Oh yeah I updated yesterday's TUFF CREW blog post with a Sha'Dasious addendum: www.cosmobaker.com

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Yeah, went in on some Tuff Crew pon de blog...

Check it owwwwt... www.cosmobaker.com

"...dig the moves we made, stunning those who just can't behave.." - Ice Dog

When I first heard "My Part of Town" I damn near lost my mind. That was the such an amazing song. I thought DJ 2Tuff was the illest!! Are any young Strutters in this pic any where??

"C'mon Go Off!"

Nah, Mechanism came kind of after the fact, I think. Like when the group broke up, Tone Love did "Flippin Kilos*", Too Tuff was on some other shit, Monty got a day job I think and Ice Dog, LA Kid did Still Dangerous, Robbin Hoods, North Town Villians, that was E.M.C.E.E. Mechanism. He's still around and recorded / played shows with Too Tuff off the "Lost Archives" album, but heard he had some troubles recently.

And Grand Poohahh is Terrel Ivey, from Camden, NJ. He's not Mechanism.

*Tone Love's "Flippin Kilos" - I need that. Cassette tape only I think. Banging. Need it. Very important

Their voices sound so much alike I kinda thought it could be. He was on the Back to Wreck shop lp on "Come on go off" and KILLED it! Just came up on the cd not too long ago and was hyped! The Krown Rulers lp "Paper Chase" was classic as well but the OG "Kick the Ball" on the Phanjam lp is essential. Not the remix that was on the Paper Chase lp.

Oh, and don't forget "TL Back to Yell". Classic!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    The Kick The Ball version on Paper Chase is garbage compared to the Phanjam version. But the SONG "Paper Chase" is super ill and super slept on.

@Breez yeah man I tried to go but like I said on the blog my moms wouldn't let me go.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    there were a couple test pressings floating around of "flippein kilos". tonyD used to have one. ice dog had a 12 on 4x4, a miami label with a bunch of philly acts signed to it , cos you know any backstory to that?

the krownrulers record got a bunch of good cuts. im not crazy about paperchase, but theres a real dope track shouting out some street that is sick. kick the ball is as good as it gets...the rhyme delivery is topshelf shit

i think icedog is a cop now

• cool topic!!

but what happened with the DANGER ZONE MOBB SQWAD-project?

discovered & heard about it only four years ago trough...ebay...

DAAAM i've purchased the back to yell/flipn keeloz tape cassette without hesitations!!!

unfortunately an album was not released :-(

about 3 years ago a friend of mine from germany contacted dj too tuff and asked him about unreleased danger zone mobb sqwad tracks.2tuff told there's 2 tracks.

also i've had some virtual contact with 2 tuff the last 4 years and recently chatted with him on facebook. he told the same thing.2 unreleased danger zone mobb sqwadd-tracks!!

who else know sumthing?