New Amerykah: Part 2 (Badu-r)

SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
edited January 2010 in Strut Central
new erykah badu song, supposed to be from the new album.

here's the tracklist:1. ???20 Feet Tall??? (Produced by Erykah Badu and 9th Wonder)2. ???Window Seat??? (Produced by Erykah Badu and James Poyser, featuring Ahmir ????uestlove??? Thompson (drums), Stephen ???Thundercat??? Bruner (bass), James Poyser (keys), Kirsten Agnesta (harp))3. ???Agitation??? (Produced by Erykah Badu and Shafiq Husayn of SA-RA Creative Partners)4. ???Get Money??? (Produced by Erykah Badu and Karriem Riggins (drums), Stephen ???Thundercat??? Bruner (bass), James Poyser (keys), Tommy Trajlio (guitar), Mike ???Chav??? Chavarria (mooger fooger))5. ???Don???t Be Long??? (Produced by Erykah Badu and Ta???Raach)6. ???Love??? (Produced by Erykah Badu and J Dilla)7. ???Umm Hmm??? (Produced by Erykah Badu and Madlib)8. ???Fall in Love??? (Produced by Erykah Badu and Karriem Riggins)9. ???Incense??? (Instrumental) (Produced by Erykah Badu and Madlib featuring Kirsten Agnesta (harp))10. ???Out My Mind Just in Time (Part 1) (Undercover Over-Lover)??? (Produced by Erykah Badu featuring James Poyser (keys))11. ???Out My Mind Just in Time (Part 2)??? (Produced by Erykah Badu and Georgia Ann MuldrowBonus Web-Only Track: ???Jump In The Air,??? featuring Lil Wayne and Bilal (Produced by Erykah Badu, RC Williams and Jahborn)

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    want to hear the dilla interlude/track

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    new erykah badu song, supposed to be from the new album.

i like it. i enjoyed the last album she put out.

NOT feelin' this at all. It just sounds like a big mess. You really like this?

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    don't really like the track but then again i never really liked part 1 that much at first but it grew on me.

• im lookin forward to this project

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    tracklist looks like it could go either way, she should have got day to make her beats, his honey remix really suited her.

Thanks. I'm not digging that first track up top, but I can see where she's trying to go with this. I'm sure there'll be some joints on there.

http://www.divshare.com/download/7521181-153

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I remember when Badu first came out...she had that whole mystic boho shit going then people found out she was front'n...I remember when she was on the BET show that was hosted by Rachel I was like snap ol girl brought it..like when I first saw that "On and On" video peeps was like who is that know one knew who she was. Sad enough outside of Mama's Gun her shit sounds like hott trash as with the song in this post.

What a bizarre perspective on Badu. I knew of her before she blew by way of the crew she used to roll with, Heads n Dreds outta Dallas. And yeah, she did get caught talking some vague numerical nonsense in some early interviews once On & On came out...but beyond that, she is very well respected down here...for being one of the realest anywhere. Especially with what she was doing with the Black Forest Theater...all props due.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    I remember when Badu first came out...she had that whole mystic boho shit going then people found out she was front'n...I remember when she was on the BET show that was hosted by Rachel I was like snap ol girl brought it..like when I first saw that "On and On" video peeps was like who is that know one knew who she was. Sad enough outside of Mama's Gun her shit sounds like hott trash as with the song in this post.

h8 all you want, me, never!!

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts

What a bizarre perspective on Badu. I knew of her before she blew by way of the crew she used to roll with, Heads n Dreds outta Dallas. And yeah, she did get caught talking some vague numerical nonsense in some early interviews once On & On came out...but beyond that, she is very well respected down here...for being one of the realest anywhere. Especially with what she was doing with the Black Forest Theater...all props due.

Bizarre?? It was well documented that she came in on some boho shit and it wasn't really her..hell she even talks about that shit therefore she was frontn... I will listen to whatever she drops because I consider myself a fan of music.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts

is this suppose to be ill??

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    I remember when Badu first came out...she had that whole mystic boho shit going then people found out she was front'n...I remember when she was on the BET show that was hosted by Rachel I was like snap on girl brought it..like when I first saw that "On and On" video peeps was like who is that know one knew who she was. Sad enough outside of Mama's Gun her shit sounds like hot trash as with the song in this post.

is this suppose to be ill??
    that silhouette is ill.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

that silhouette is ill.

• i used to think 9th wonder was overrated but i'm feeling what he did with the first track on here

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

that silhouette is ill.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

that silhouette is ill.

I'm sayin' though! She's looking FIT.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    That video is strange but, er, absorbing. Ahem.

Badu is a tough one to figure out. I suspect that's how she likes it.

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    The video doesn't really go with the song but im not complaining.

• djJazzOnedjJazzOne 302 Posts
    Erykah Ba-DOW

• chimachima 33 Posts

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i like that song
    but it should have been on her second album

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

that silhouette is ill.

b/w i really need the uncensored version of this video

now i see why n****z start wearin' crochet hats and crazy azz wardrobes after tappin' that

• chasechase 767 Posts
    now i see why n****z start wearin' crochet hats and crazy azz wardrobes after tappin' that

thought the same thing

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    BADU NEKKID AT LAST.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Funny cause she usually hatts on that type of Video Chick Ass out steez, yet she's doin the same thang finally yet camoflagued on some ole "artsy" steez.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Funny cause she usually hatts on that type of Video Chick Ass out steez, yet she's doin the same thang finally yet camoflagued on some ole "artsy" steez.

Nah, that ain't even remotely the same thing. Sure, the symbolism might be a bit heavy-handed - if you expose yourself as an artist, you risk being shot down - but I don't think the two approaches are anything like one another. It's not Nelly's "Work It" video or anything like that.

What's with the Rick James/Don Blackmon wig at the end, though? That's what I wanna know.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Nah, that ain't even remotely the same thing. Sure, the symbolism might be a bit heavy-handed - if you expose yourself as an artist, you risk being shot down - but I don't think the two approaches are anything like one another. It's not Nelly's "Work It" video or anything like that.

BADU NEKKID AT LAST.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    N.F.H.E.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    LOOK AT THOSE CHEEKS!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts