revolver VS rubber soul

2»

Comments

• RUBBERSOUL! by far. Just solid album. They had an idea and feel that they wanted to express in that album. And it was executed great. Don't get me wrong, I think revolver has the same amount of great songs, but the album as a whole is up and down.

• i skip Eleanor Rigby, i ride for the Aretha version though

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    i skip Eleanor Rigby, i ride for the Aretha version though

i always thought eleanor rigby was good?

peace, stein. . .

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts

Vs.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Mother$!#@ing Revolver

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    revolver, i don't even bother having a copy of rubber soul filed.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Rubber Soul

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    revolver

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    i skip Eleanor Rigby

me too. But still, Revolver. The Geoff Emmerich book really enhanced my appreciation.

The US/UK version differences certainly come into play here.

US Rubber Soul is better than UK, imo.

UK Revolver is better than US, a different LP. There are 3 amazing Lennon songs missing from the US version. US Revolver = "That's too McCartney" ... The fact that "Yesterday ... and Today" was one of my favorite Bealtes albums growing up, mainly for the 3 songs pinched from Revolver, says alot about this.

My favorite period of the Beatles is (UK) Help - Beatles for Sale - Rubber Soul, so I just naturally choose RS over Revolver. But it gets harder when you place UK Rubber Soul vs UK Revolver.

Of course, the Beatles on CD in the US have always been the UK editions, so for anyone under 30, these distinctions most likely don't matter. But for me and those of us who grew up with the US LP's, it's a little less clear of an argument.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts

US Rubber Soul is better than UK, imo.

UK Revolver is better than US, a different LP. There are 3 amazing Lennon songs missing from the US version. US Revolver = "That's too McCartney" ... The fact that "Yesterday ... and Today" was one of my favorite Bealtes albums growing up, mainly for the 3 songs pinched from Revolver, says alot about this.

Of course, the Beatles on CD in the US have always been the UK editions, so for anyone under 30, these distinctions most likely don't matter. But for me and those of us who grew up with the US LP's, it's a little less clear of an argument.

good post, and happy birthday!

thanks & thanks

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Compare and contrast here.

Or just download pretty much the entire Beatles discography.

• UK Revolver

As much as I love both if I was being really harsh I would say I prefer the Lennon compositions on Rubber Soul as opposed to his Revolver tracks and the McCartney compositions on Revolver compared to his Rubber Soul tracks.