dancehall / hip hop bootlegs

p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
cutty ranks-limb by limb hip hop mix ...the record this is from also had shit over Money, Cash, Hoes (hot!)

Comments

• I heartily endorse this thread. Souljazz just re-issued a double cd/vinyl collection of Dancehall/hip-hop joints and it totally reminded me of these 12''s.

You couldn't be a deejay in the bay and not run at least a few of these type of records. Bobby Konders, Deejay runing thangs, AV8 Etc etc

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    I've got a ridiculous amount of this stuff.. mostly on wax though. I'll see if I've got anything ripped at home.

Here's an old mix of mine:
    http://www.raggamuffinsound.com/mp3/ZEN2%20-%20Roots%20Rap%20Reggae.mp3

01. Klash intro
    02. Run D.M.C. feat. Yellowman - Roots Rap Reggae
    03. Daddy Freddy feat. Tenor Fly - Ruffneck Nuh Ramp
    04. DJ Rewind feat. Elephant Man - Ridem 2
    05. Fraga Ranks - Heat
    06. Wicked Scorpion & Ruder Ranks - Long Cocky Man
    07. Mad Lion - Take It Easy (KRS-One mix)
    08. Raggamuffin Sound interlude
    09. ODG - Little Stereo (intro)
    10. Method Man - Bring Da Pain
    11. KRS-One Mad Lion & Shaggy - Ey Yo (The Reggae Virus)
    12. Tenor Saw - Ring the Alarm (Hip Hop Mix)
    13. Mad Lion - Real Ting
    14. Smif N Wessun - Soundbwoy Buriell
    15. Mr. Vegas - Jacket
    16. Shabba Ranks - No Bother Dis Soundboy
    17. Shabba Ranks - Original Woman (Da Rockwildin Mix)
    18. Method Man & Redman - Da Rockwilder
    19. Stama Ranks - Warning!

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    hiphop remixes were my intro to dancehall...I still like them better. Purists; excuse I...

I'm always looking for stuff like that red alert album and this one called NYC Badmen is good too...thanks for reminding me!

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    my top 3

1) tanya stephens - goggle remix (put your hands beat)

2) capleton - everybody remix (sucker mcs/treat me right beats)

3) beenie man - romie remix (steelo/benjamins beats)

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    my top 3

2) capleton - everybody remix (sucker mcs/treat me right beats)

3) beenie man - romie remix (steelo/benjamins beats)

post plz!

capleton over "i get high"

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    One of my faves... not only was it not a boot but the remix was by Lil Jon

One of my faves... not only was it not a boot but the remix was by Lil Jon

he did 3 of 'em... the Heathen Reign one over BArry White was hot, too... remembered the one that used Slick Rick drums getting alot of radio airplay...

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    these joints were my shit when they came out

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    yea, the mega banton is def one of my favorites as well.

can't belive nobody has mentioned capleton tour remix either.

• yea, the mega banton is def one of my favorites as well.

can't belive nobody has mentioned capleton tour remix either.

Another Lil Jon producton

Who got "Ray Von's No Guns No Muder?

• Who got "Ray Von's No Guns No Muder?

I do.

• Another Lil Jon one...kinda crispy sounding
    Beenie man - Slam (hiphop rmx)

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Ricky General - Skettle
    Man Lion - Real Lover
    Selectah - Wede Man
    Bonus Beats: East Side Hoods - Funky Dub

I do.

ha, this reminds me that S****e has nicked my copies ram di dance and the afro house mix from me.

CAN I LIVE?

I'mma hit you a treat in a second, check your FB.

I do.

ha, this reminds me that S****e has nicked my copies ram di dance and the afro house mix from me.

CAN I LIVE?

**no thread jack**

Ram di Dance (dancehall)

Ram di Dance 2 (dancehall)

Top Ranking (afrohouse)

Spring Fever 2 (tis the season) (funk/hiphop/reggae/R&B/disco/Latin)

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

shit, i remember hearing that... post it!

digitizing a pile of old 7"s...

beanie man over "nuthin'"

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Some Supcat favz

Super Cat - Kill Dem
    supercat - scalp dem wu tang mix
    Supercat, Notorious Big & 3rdye - Dolly My Baby (Bad Boy Extended Remix-edit)

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    Honestly i listen to mad lion take it easy once a week, i have no idea why but that song makes me so happy.

also love the old ring off me celly and capleton versions to dmx party up. i have my white label of that and love it.

tanya stephens goggle/put your hands where my eyes could see is good!! here's that

i love she calls out dude and says "him 'av de flex of a retard" ......so funny

and buju's bogle, omg, so many good remixes of that rack on white label...

the last time i really was finding good white label re-edits of dancehall was in 2003 and 2004, they have kinda dropped off domestically although single ladies had some good dancehall bootlegs come out, which was a good thing because otherwise that song is a spoonful of shit

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Lot's of great tunes in this thread a few of which and more you'll find in this mix.
    I posted it up last fall, but it certainly applies here....
    I wish mixes were still posted in the crate digging revealed section, they got way more
    shine when they were.

I need to rip the Jay Z-Dirt Off Your Shoulder over Bam Bam, that shit kills.
    Why isn't hogginthefogg all over this thread?
    That's the dude with all the cuts.

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts

Who got "Ray Von's No Guns No Muder?

I do.

was that on a bobby konders label? Or freeze records?

I used to like that NY rude boys lp bobby konders put out on massive b in 92. Haven't heard it since then. May have to pull that out

• Why isn't hogginthefogg all over this thread?

Haha...thanks, but while I, too, got into dancehall via hip-hop remixes (Mega Banton's "Sound Boy Killing" in 1994 is still one of my all-time favorite hip-hop remixes of a dancehall tune), I soon fell in love with dancehall itself. I prefer to put rap acapellas over dancehall versions, not the other way around and find that most people who love the other kind of remixes tend to not love dancehall itself all that much, but to each his own. I know that many folks in this thread fall outside of that categorization.

I've also heard those songs so many times that they now fall into the same category as "Scenario" and "The Choice is Yours."

Having said that, this thread is incomplete without the Kenny Dope remix of Johnny Osbourne "Budy Bye":
    http://www.zshare.net/audio/57716084d36df444/

• Doesn't qualify under bootlegs, nonetheless, this is a classic.

• Lot's of great tunes in this thread a few of which and more you'll find in this mix.
    I posted it up last fall, but it certainly applies here....
    I wish mixes were still posted in the crate digging revealed section, they got way more
    shine when they were.

I need to rip the Jay Z-Dirt Off Your Shoulder over Bam Bam, that shit kills.
    Why isn't hogginthefogg all over this thread?
    BTW, this mix is KILLER.

• I've also heard those songs so many times that they now fall into the same category as "Scenario" and "The Choice is Yours."

But sadly certain deejays still play both group of selections like it's is nothing.

Having said that, this thread is incomplete without the Kenny Dope remix of Johnny Osbourne "Budy Bye":

^^^

TEH GENESIS

That and his "Don dada" track. Also Nubian Crackers had some joints as well.

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts

I've also heard those songs so many times that they now fall into the same category as "Scenario" and "The Choice is Yours."

But sadly certain deejays still play both group of selections like it's is nothing.

^^^

TEH GENESIS

That and his "Don dada" track. Also Nubian Crackers had some joints as well.

Ghetto red hot was running things back in 92-93. Seemed like everyone loved that track.

• Options

YES!! Thanks for bringing that back, I know I have the white label downstairs somewhere. I completely forgot about that song, first heard it on one of Bobby Konders mixtapes that he used to sell at Rock N Soul then the Busta remix came out god-knows-how-long later. Those Bobby Konders tapes were sick, he'd break records and artists that wouldn't come on Hot 97 for a year.

Red Alert's 5:00 Free Ride show on Wednesdays was the lick for getting hiphop/reggae mixes, he'd play the same stuff every week but it didn't matter. I still have a ton of those tapes but no way to put them to computer, oh well.

• Ray'von - No Guns

was that on a bobby konders label? Or freeze records?

I used to like that NY rude boys lp bobby konders put out on massive b in 92. Haven't heard it since then. May have to pull that out

I think the 12 I have is on VP.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts