antibalas question (belson??)

tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
in the last antibalas post someone, i think belson, mentioned a antibalas song. it wasnt on the 2 records i got of theirs and i forget the name. i got Liberation Afrobeat 1 and talkatif. what else is up with their discography and how do i get that ill one that was previously mentioned. thanks you good people-t from philly

Comments

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=CAW030507241222&sql=11:jbc1z87a2yv6~T2

http://www.antibalas.com/pages/index3.html

there's a ep ONLY available on their website, "government magic"...i just heard a track called go je je on some college radio last week and the track is soooo dope...but yeah its only on the ep u can get off the website...not sure what track you're talking about

• arkark 9 Posts
    The latest LP is "Who is this America?" There are some tracks on there that are fire, I think its their best effort to date. Thats probabially the one that they were talking about. It came out on vinyl about 4 or 5 months ago, and on cd about another 4 or 5 before that. Its worth having for sure

• in the last antibalas post someone, i think belson, mentioned a antibalas song. it wasnt on the 2 records i got of theirs and i forget the name. i got Liberation Afrobeat 1 and talkatif. what else is up with their discography and how do i get that ill one that was previously mentioned. thanks you good people
    -t from philly

Is the track you are talking about called Che Che Cole? Came out on a 12" a couple of years back. Might be an album track or might not, not sure really.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    in the last antibalas post someone, i think belson, mentioned a antibalas song. it wasnt on the 2 records i got of theirs and i forget the name. i got Liberation Afrobeat 1 and talkatif. what else is up with their discography and how do i get that ill one that was previously mentioned. thanks you good people
    -t from philly

Is the track you are talking about called Che Che Cole? Came out on a 12" a couple of years back. Might be an album track or might not, not sure really.

Makossa #3 Instrumental is the one... B-side of Che Che 12"

• in the last antibalas post someone, i think belson, mentioned a antibalas song. it wasnt on the 2 records i got of theirs and i forget the name. i got Liberation Afrobeat 1 and talkatif. what else is up with their discography and how do i get that ill one that was previously mentioned. thanks you good people
    -t from philly

Makossa #3 Instrumental is the one... B-side of Che Che 12"

12" is on Daptone (DAP12001) and still available.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    THERE we go!
    soulstrut = beautiful
    i'll get che che cole and the new LP too.
    be well,brethren -t

• wonkawonka 84 Posts
    Che Che Cole is straight heat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    which one yal like better? i kinda like the makossa version, but thats just off the soundclips.

so someone said they like the new 2LP?

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    I prefer Che Che Cole, haven't heard their new LP yet.

What up T**y?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Makossa, Makossa, Ma-Ko-Sah!