How much do you hate Project Blowed?

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited March 2016 in Music Talk

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I have never heard (of) Project Blowed. (before Soulstrut)

or Anticon for that matter.

What am i missing out on?

Im serious.

• I wouldn't say 'hate' but pretty much everything after All Balls Don't Bounce was pretty tepid. And all the little spinoff groups were pretty bland too.

Book Of Human Language was good too.

• Ever heard Pteradacto?

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Im serious.

Man, you are from the worldwide underground backpacker art-rap experience!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

Im serious.

Man, you are from the worldwide underground backpacker art-rap experience!

Evidently.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I wouldn't say 'hate' but pretty much everything after All Balls Don't Bounce was pretty tepid. And all the little spinoff groups were pretty bland too.

Book Of Human Language was good too a crappy compilation of a bunch of shit that was released on lesser known releases.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Project Blowed is racist--and that's good!

• I wouldn't say 'hate' but pretty much everything after All Balls Don't Bounce was pretty tepid. And all the little spinoff groups were pretty bland too.

Book Of Human Language was good too a crappy compilation of a bunch of shit that was released on lesser known releases.

sorry dude, Book Of Human Language was an album of new material at the time.

I wouldn't say 'hate' but pretty much everything after All Balls Don't Bounce was pretty tepid. And all the little spinoff groups were pretty bland too.

sorry dude, Book Of Human Language was an album of new material at the time.

Regardless, still crappy... Being the big Blowed fan that I was (operative word), I had just about 15 of the songs on that lp about year before it's release. Most of the songs were offa tapes/cd's that I bought at PB/Acey shows.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    i know for me, project blowed was just a mediocre comp of mediocre LA emcees. though for me, i was really into the east coast rap scene so a lot of the socal stuff i couldnt really get into unless it had that east coast sound/feel. acey, ff, and the rest of the camp that contributed to that LP just never got any play with the industry folks i ran with nor the djs i did parties with.

the packaging for the album was nice though. plus that record made me a decent amount of money from the resale point.

maybe id like it now... time has passed.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Honestly, it never even occurred to me that they might be worth hating upon until I encountered Shied trumpeting them as the be-all end-all--I think this may be a common experience.

• Being the big Blowed fan that I was (operative word)

Alright dude, you're clear. Let me pull back this gold rope and let you into the Soulja Boy showcase.

Also: I actually listened to All Balls... this morning for the first time in ages and was surprised at how good it still sounded to me.

Being the big Blowed fan that I was (operative word)

Alright dude, you're clear. Let me pull back this gold rope and let you into the Soulja Boy showcase.

I would still rock Soulja Boy over Anticon. Over classic PB, prolly not.

• Also: I actually listened to All Balls... this morning for the first time in ages and was surprised at how good it still sounded to me.

FILED AS FUCK.

• Being the big Blowed fan that I was (operative word)

I would still rock Soulja Boy over Anticon. Over classic PB, prolly not.

Just jokes. Rock 'em all.

They're probably not the best releases of the collective, but I still enjoy listening to "Underground Fossils" and "Mood Pieces".

• "Underground Fossils"

FILED.

• "Underground Fossils"

FILED.

I'd love to find it on vinyl. I still just have the cassette that I ordered out the back of Rap Pages or somethin.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    trumpeting them as the be-all end-all--I think this may be a common experience.

Very common. I know that hardcore fandom of damn near anything can bring with it some pretty eye-rolling crap, but the entire Insufferability Scale had to be recalibrated because of Blowed worship.

• How much longer 'til they start a "How Much Do You Hate on Hiero" thread?

HOW MUCH DO YOU HATE ON PEANUTS AND CORN?

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    Also: I actually listened to All Balls... this morning for the first time in ages and was surprised at how good it still sounded to me.

ummm... was it the rapping or the beats they rhymed over that got your juices flowing earlier today? mostly im just surprised... then again i dont pay attention to soulstrut close enough to see whos balls youre listening to these days.

"Underground Fossils"

FILED.

I'd love to find it on vinyl. I still just have the cassette that I ordered out the back of Rap Pages or somethin.

I think I have a sealed copy still. I at least have one NM copy.

• "Underground Fossils"

FILED.

I'd love to find it on vinyl.

Check Scandinavia. That's where all my copies went.

• Also: I actually listened to All Balls... this morning for the first time in ages and was surprised at how good it still sounded to me.

whoa, did that really just happen?

i'm actually a big fan but haven't listened to them in years.
    i'll ride for most of the s/t comp, Innercity Griots, the ATU sh*t mentioned, and Acey's solo stuff thru Human Language (i even like some of Accepted eclectic)

i have so much respect for what they were doing, although ultimately i think they did fall the fuck off

• Innercity Griots
    Mood Pieces
    All Balls Don't Bounce
    both PB compilation albums (yes, the anniversary one as well)
    the Shockadoom/Level of Difficulty EP
    some assorted Mikah songs (like the ones he would record before blowing his advance and becoming homeless)
    the first CVE joint

skip the rest.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Volume10
    Ganjah K
    Eastside Badstads
    Menace Clan
    Rifleman
    Dolla Holla
    RBX

...all the gangsta shit y'all like to pretend away.

Also, noone is allowed to front on The Nonce.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    i don't hate

• I will add nonce and volume 10 to my list.

ellay khule's solo stuff and menace clan are 2nd tier.

but like I said CVE gets top biling.

I will add nonce and volume 10 to my list.

ellay khule's solo stuff and menace clan are 2nd tier.

What about Ninjafish?

Speak on it!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Damn, you even went as far as saying it twice...duly noted.