Post An Ungoogleable Record

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
70's Local Chalmette, Louisiana white boy funk/soul show band....do covers of songs like "I Can't Turn You Loose", "Domino", "Free The People", "Hard Times", "Baby, I Love You" and more.

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Is it any good?

I had an ungoogleable record until this Saturday, "The Cosmic Sounds of Ghandarva" - Energy, but I traded it. Really weird low-fi psych/folk/religious record, I've been told they had another record that is more sought after as well.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    COSMIC SOUND OF GANDHARVA (a k a Gandharva) (CA)

"Energy" 1977 (Saddhu)

"The Money Box" 1978 (Saddhu 522 516)

Cosmic trance/meditation folk. "Energy" is not bad for the genre; a moody echoey soundscape and slightly eerie vibe rather than starry-eyed peace & love ramblings. Acoustic guitars, deep vocals, semi-improvised jammy songs with some crude sound experiments; imagine the Acid Symphony guys 10 years down the line. Brief spoken bit featuring a phony-sounding Indian guru. "The Money Box" has one side of spoken word with background music, and one side of trancey folkpsych songs with acoustic guitars and tablas. Short playtime. [PL]

• i need some info on this! anybody?? its on Bit Records// anything at all~!

heres the traklisst;

side uno~
    the hustlers - boston monkey
    ozzie torrens - ozzaboo
    sony knight - besame mucho
    braney kessel - summertime
    johnnie taylor - blues in the night
    huey smith & the clowns - hes back again
    lucky clark - let me be the fool

side dos -
    jimmy hughes - my loving time
    bobby & valerie capers - west 4th street
    jimmy dell - skippin
    jack costanzo - viva tirado
    little deans combo - drop out
    the sherwoods - nanette

side tres ;
    la lupe - fever (45 cut)
    jimmy gilford - nobody loves me like me baby
    dorothy berry - watch out
    jimmy wisner - choppin around
    the champs - sombrero
    the tomkos - spook
    curtis blandon - mr imagination

side quatro '
    clarence hill - a lot of loving going around
    brenton wood - mr schemer
    gale garnett - youve been talking about me baby
    jimmy beaumon - theres no other love
    hank levine - image
    the diablos - el bandito
    the five counts - watermelon walk

any info on this album, Bit Records, the artists on the album, anethaeng! plaese 2 help a bruthaer owt

either way this album is

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

"Energy" 1977 (Saddhu)

Cosmic trance/meditation folk. "Energy" is not bad for the genre; a moody echoey soundscape and slightly eerie vibe rather than starry-eyed peace & love ramblings. Acoustic guitars, deep vocals, semi-improvised jammy songs with some crude sound experiments; imagine the Acid Symphony guys 10 years down the line. Brief spoken bit featuring a phony-sounding Indian guru. "The Money Box" has one side of spoken word with background music, and one side of trancey folkpsych songs with acoustic guitars and tablas. Short playtime. [PL]

Damn, I suck at Google I guess. Thanks.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    does it have to be good?

"honor thy womanself"

fem/lezbo folk rare

I need me a camera

• hmmm, never seen this before. great tracklist that screams BELGIAN POPCORN.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    70's Local Chalmette, Louisiana white boy funk/soul show band....do covers of songs like "I Can't Turn You Loose", "Domino", "Free The People", "Hard Times", "Baby, I Love You" and more.

I have this. I think it has dopeness.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I have a few ungooglable Australian records. Some of them I made googleable on my aussie funk blog!

There actually is one hit for this one....some nut asking $600.00 for it.

Figured this may help my ebay auction.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Same Little Scotty that did "Slow That Disco Down?"
    Don't know if he's googleable but he's from Chicago.

• really though does anyone know any info on bit records

besame mucho!

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

Jokes. Sorry, I just got done watching an hour long on PBS about Billy Crystal.

Slapstick all the way/

But this:

is virtually ungoogleable, meaning there is a $249.00 copy on ebay but nothing really substantial in google results.

I do happen to know a bit about it though, it was recorded and distributed 4 blocks away from my house. The address on the back cover leads to a small little blue cottage on NE 9th in the 3700 block of Portland. We live on NE 10th in the 4000's. I met a young kind of slow and sweet gospel loving fella at my bar who moved her from Texas when his mom died. He runs a Soul Food / bakery catering biz out of his Church Basement. He has met and knows Willa still and told me all about her relationship with Mahalia Jackson. Willa still performs at her church here locally every once and awhile and for good causes so that is pretty cool.

The record is by no means a funky gospel record. I'm not sure what it equates to in the eyes of the average gospel fan either, but the dude from Fatboy Bakery thought it was the cats pajamas! I for one think the Picture, hairstyle and font are especially groovy.

I know we have a fair amount of ungoogleable stuff laying around here.....perhaps I'll go through some crates tomorrow and see what I can come up with.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts

mike agoha and his echoes from nigeria - ZAMAN DUNIYA KAMAR MANOMINE
    (AGOMIC RECORDS, NIGERIA)
    sold it recently on the bay .. went for 8 dollars only..
    not really good, but i guess its rare.

• bottom right hand corner

disco beave from the projects
    sunrisers too for that matter
    what!

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    liedjes voor annelies / annelies bouma

sorry no camera

• kalakala 3,358 Posts

• liedjes voor annelies / annelies bouma

ok, i'll try to hold back and not tell anybody

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• rpmrpm 144 Posts
    ... i found one crazy listing in a pdf book about this look on pg. 59

some audio: Summer Mist .mp3

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

"Energy" 1977 (Saddhu)

Damn, I suck at Google I guess. Thanks.

The key is spelling what you're looking for correctly

• can't seem to find info on this one, the group is manana, the songs are suavecito, la bamba, guantanamera, cisco kid, yo sin ti, maria, spanish eyes, mcarthurs park, sunshine of my life, and shaft, my favorite is suavecito but as a whole the record is pretty nice

• the ensemble still exists here in brooklyn, but there's no info on the lp.

• Same Little Scotty that did "Slow That Disco Down?"
    Don't know if he's googleable but he's from Chicago.

Little Scotty himself is googleable but this release wasn't, up until now. I'm guessing it is the same guy. Although this 45 seems to be a NYC release.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    the ensemble still exists here in brooklyn, but there's no info on the lp.

This was for sale on Ebay a few weeks ago, meant to big, but forgot.

How is it?