Weekend Finds

2»

Comments

• i picked up a copy of that 12" recently...the b-side is the jam...sick breaks on it...i'm working on an edit

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    Will post more tomorrow (left my camera attachment at home) but I did find this for a buck last week (and not at FMU). I was gonna keep it til I saw what its going for!

hey that even looks like the photo i took for that record

it did do the $1288 the one time i sold it, and really that was a few bits mroe than expected. I'd say you should see about $350 to $550 for it now. Still a very agreeable amount for a 12inch wouldn't you say?

• Will post more tomorrow (left my camera attachment at home) but I did find this for a buck last week (and not at FMU). I was gonna keep it til I saw what its going for!

it did do the $1288 the one time i sold it, and really that was a few bits mroe than expected. I'd say you should see about $350 to $550 for it now. Still a very agreeable amount for a 12inch wouldn't you say?

ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS?? I'VE HAD THIS FOR ABOUT 2-3 YEARS. Played it once and payed it no mind. Wow. Dedicated to David Williams, right?

Well anyways went to Stacks in Cerritos which was its last day on Saturday. Went Friday and Saturday and luckily on Friday I found the heat...DOUBLES OF BRAINWASH 2000 plus sealed Nine - Cloud 9 LP plus a buncha other records for $6.52.

Then Saturday found more heat for less than 8 bucks including the always nice Royal Flush - Movin On Ya Weak Production.

• And more, for free too. Something about a loser who couldn't pay for his drugs so dealer dude goes over and takes all of other dudes records and other stuff. Then dealer leaves all the records at a friend of a friend???s apartment for a while and then I ended up with some of them. The other couple hundred records were techno/hip-hop stuff I didn???t recognize. Don???t really want to go back, not trying to get caught up in fool's dealings.

• Will post more tomorrow (left my camera attachment at home) but I did find this for a buck last week (and not at FMU). I was gonna keep it til I saw what its going for!

ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS?? I'VE HAD THIS FOR ABOUT 2-3 YEARS. Played it once and payed it no mind. Wow. Dedicated to David Williams, right?

Yeah I got this at one point, sealed no less. I remember staring at the back cover deciding if I was going to open it, then cracked it, wasn't too into the tune, and sold it for $40-ish. This was maybe 3 years ago, before all the listings on popsike. OH well.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    my post is going to be split between wfmu finds and flea/thrift.yard sale digs ---

WFMU FINDS -

sealed orig. lat-teens lp in there. buenas epocas is a latin american garage/r&b comp-- viaje musical is actually not a wfmu find-should be in the flea market finds---but it is a latin american comp as well with ana y jaime and some other latin pop and psych from that era.

devo boots in there! also 2 rare talking heads legit live promo lps

FLEA MARKET/YARD SALE FINDS -

all minty og pressings of those punk records!also not pictured -- a 7" pic sleeve aussie press of x ray spex 'oh bondage' and a scott walker 45 euro pressing !!!

some amazingly rare pittsburgh, pa garage/r&b/soul compilation in that one from a pittsburgh radio station dj host --lp titled "mad mike's melodies" with mostly obscure and local charted groups.

some old 12" vogue picture disc 78 rpm set -- had another copy of that one a couple of months ago--but without the folder for it --nor as in good condition. sold them for over 100 -- so i think i might be able to do just as well with it--depending on current ebay trends.

also -- excited about this one unknown group that appears to have been from the philly mainline suburb of bryn mawr from around 1981. they were called 'strictly limerence' and play quirky/jagged post-punk ala early talking heads or the feelies. it is a 4 song flexi, but came in some ziplock storage bag with a sheet that served as the cover photo and liner notes. wonder if anyone down that way knows what that is all about as i'm not from that area.

then there was this awesome latin funk 45 --

rare ny electro hip hop 12"--

paid 5 bucks for this cool old emerson bakelite transistor radio -- 'miracle wand' model

and then... perhaps the highlight of my weekend:

deadstock 45 single from the starfyres - an insanely raw and amazing pa. garage group from that 209 south area (panther valley hs -- think inbetween lehighton and tamaqua--closer to tamaqua i guess for those pa. people that know)

there was this well preserved insert in the sleeve as well --

that was my weekend in a nutshell!

• my post is going to be split between wfmu finds and flea/thrift.yard sale digs ---

WFMU FINDS -[qote]

My spots are all thrift, what is this wfmu that you speak of????

• plaese to explain Birtha. is it like Fanny? rock? folk?

Rock/kinda folky with a little heaviness.

I have this album, and while I don't hear any folk, they do sound like a less-brash Fanny. Heavy early-seventies rock with that clean, Top 40-ready Dunhill Records sound. (They had another LP on Dunhill as well.)

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

plaese to explain Birtha. is it like Fanny? rock? folk?

Rock/kinda folky with a little heaviness.

I have this album, and while I don't hear any folk, they do sound like a less-brash Fanny. Heavy early-seventies rock with that clean, Top 40-ready Dunhill Records sound. (They had another LP on Dunhill as well.)

Fanny is in the eye of the beholder.
    (Sorry, I had to take it).

• Here's the rest of my finds/keepers from the last few days: