Alice Coltrane Vs. Betty Davis

2»

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    faux_rillz - words can't express how much of a total fucking asshole cunt you are.

• ToccuDomuToccuDomu 225 Posts
    In a cage match, we have weapon & armor handling Ms. Mabry, who can get nasty, by her own description.

In the other corner, AC would likely be able to levitate, and probably transform herself into a she-hellion (shellion?), (I'm picturing the lady from the darker half of the bitches brew gatefold here). There is a good chance she could shoot lasers from her eyes, should she choose to engage in such negative behavior, so I am going with the lasers and levitation. Er'rytime. Spears? Please.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    (Nina Simone) had an interesting and talent life as well. I like how she was a pimp with a sangria in her hand most of the time with some egyptian like gear. LOVE IT! Mississippi Goddam is the word.

Funny part is, the angriest part of "Mississippi Goddam" is the words, because the music itself sounds like a damn showtune! The dichotomy between the melody and the serious subject matter kills me. Did you know Philips released that song as a SINGLE? With the word "goddam" bleeped out and the title altered to something like "Mississippi !@#$%^&"? And radio, as far as I know, STILL didn't play it (no surprise).

Sorry for the thread hijack...getting back to the original topic, I'd go with Betty Davis, if only because I'm more of a rock-funk fan than a jazz fan.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    also, Alice could lay down the fonk as well as anybody...listen to her version of "A Love Supreme".

With the peace-&-love voiceover and what sounds like a harpsichord? The aural definition of "Hasn't Aged Well."

• I was lucky to see Alice Coltrane in concert this past autumn. Didn't realize she'd be passing out of this realm so soon.

I listen to Coltrane and Santana "Illuminations" all the time. Some of her other albums I've darn near wore out too.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i feel davis n all but she has nothing on miss coltrane. Woman is a bloody genius. I dont know who else could play the harp like her and arrange like her. Every album I own from her is straight . betty davis can not take you to level 9 when you just smoked a joint, but alice can. She is one of the all time best spiritual jazz artists ever made, dont be illegal and say no superpoaster you be wrong cuz my soul is spirit like jazz is to chicken.

• Options
    Is Betty Davis a poser?
    "Game is my middle name"...i find that one a little unbelievable.
    If her game was different than mine then it would end up bad.
    What is the ideal sex life anyway? I hear, from parents, sex waxes and wanes.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    betty davis can not take you to level 9 when you just smoked a joint, but alice can.

even though you are one of the cooler strutter on hurr i must disagree.

listen to Journey in Satchidananda and tell me you dont get so high you see monkeys talking to you and handing you bars of gold telling you they are serious deals. Davis only gets you to level 6 or 7. pretty good but not naked monkey dance bars of gold trip of the day i laughed so hard i pissed out of my eye type of deal

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

listen to Journey in Satchidananda and tell me you dont get so high you see monkeys talking to you and handing you bars of gold telling you they are serious deals. Davis only gets you to level 6 or 7. pretty good but not naked monkey dance bars of gold trip of the day i laughed so hard i pissed out of my eye type of deal

Shut. Your. Fucking. Face. You. Simpering. Bitchboy. Phony.

GodDAMN, already.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Journey in Satchidananda

Great album.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    in regards to Betty Davis and finding Edan's three posts on the board, one of which is
    "IF ANYBODY HAS (AND IS WILLING TO PART WITH) THAT POSTER FROM THE BETTY DAVIS 'THEY SAY I'M DIFFERENT' LP PLEASE LET ME KNOW...
    I WILL PAY GOOD CASH...
    PEACE Y'ALL
    -E "

YET, Im all for alice. I found this amusing.

So Alice Coltrane is 8.5?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

So Alice Coltrane is a 8.5 10?

like some Bo Derek, but better.

So Alice Coltrane is a 8.5 10?

like some Bo Derek, but better.

you own this?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    no sir. You? I do have money.

no sir. You? I do have money.

Haha...

I do own it and u should.

But "DODGE THOSE RAINDROPS AND GET ME MY MONEY!!!"

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    The Sun....yes.

The Sun....yes.

Ur quick.

u got any betty davis?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    The Sun....yes.

Ur quick.

u got any betty davis?

on mp3 yes...somewhere (shame shame)

I like her, but to compare... it is easily Coltrane.

The Sun....yes.

Ur quick.

u got any betty davis?

on mp3 yes...somewhere (shame shame)

I like her, but to compare... it is easily Coltrane.

No doubt.

Its just a variation on Fatback's Davis vs Coltrane post.

• even though you are one of the cooler strutter on hurr i must disagree.

GodDAMN, already.

Hahahaha! Whatever man...that post was molten lava.

A 15 year old wrote that?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

GodDAMN, already.

who smokes weed at that. Im tellin his mom!!!!

• 3RD_Man3RD_Man 213 Posts

GodDAMN, already.

who smokes weed at that. Im tellin his mom!!!!

MY MOTHER KNOWS I SMOKE WEED SON . And is 100% fine with it. As long as I do it in the summer and not when I got school.

also, the reason why the satch album be so trippy is the sitar backdrops . My buddy started telling me he was leaving his body after 3 tokes . And then when miss coltrane gets her harp on with the sitars backing her up it becomes like a 8.5 on the stoner scale. Fucking monkeys be drinking vodka out of hookers anuses.

and yes, i am 15, I AM THAT AWESOME. I am a young balleur.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    MY MOTHER KNOWS I SMOKE WEED SON . And is 100% fine with it. As long as I do it in the summer and not when I got school.

also, the reason why the satch album be so trippy is the sitar backdrops . My buddy started telling me he was leaving his body after 3 tokes . And then when miss coltrane gets her harp on with the sitars backing her up it becomes like a 8.5 on the stoner scale. Fucking monkeys be drinking vodka out of hookers anuses.

ban.

- spidey

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

ban.

- spidey

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

ban.

- spidey

Call child protection on his alleged "mother".

Worst. Mother. Ever.

• Superpoastertwo is not 15, nor is he the person shown in that weak sergio holy grail video... the person typing is someone completely different, it is very obvious that this user knows the site, ect ect and whoever else he mentions in posts. It's not a lurker, it's 99% someone you already know or knew. Gimmie his real IP or his phone number i'm sayin otherwise dead him off this site already.