soul night in portland or seattle?

beattrainbeattrain Brooklyn, NY 20 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
hey all...well i'm taking a trip to the northwest in august and am trying to set up a dj exchange (I have regular gigs now in boston)...any info on what's happening in seattle and portland (as far as a soul or mod night) would be a great help. thanks!

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    What's your night in Boston?

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    In Portland there's the Ghost town Soul Club.

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
    hey all...
    well i'm taking a trip to the northwest in august and am trying to set up a dj exchange (I have regular gigs now in boston)...any info on what's happening in seattle and portland (as far as a soul or mod night) would be a great help. thanks!

both of the events below are in seattle and have a very good rep. a guy named kevin jones runs the emerald city soul club - he's the one to talk to. nice guy w/ some great and raer northern. spun with us in michigan a few months ago at the ann arbor soul club and invited us to come out and spin at the emerald city anniversary weekender in november, too, along with a couple other people that post here, if i'm not mistaken.

emerald city soul club - http://www.myspace.com/emeraldcitysoulclub, http://www.emeraldcitysoulclub.com/
    hip to the game - http://www.myspace.com/hip2thegame

• beattrainbeattrain Brooklyn, NY 20 Posts
    cool thanks for the advice...
    currently i do cheap thrills a go-go! once a month (see myspace.com/cheapthrillsagogo) and also have a a weekly mod night in the works...

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    cool thanks for the advice...
    currently i do cheap thrills a go-go! once a month (see myspace.com/cheapthrillsagogo) and also have a a weekly mod night in the works...

Common Ground, eh? I'll check it out. Just saw PJ spin this past Saturday at Soullelujah, and he's always tight.

• beattrainbeattrain Brooklyn, NY 20 Posts
    yeah it should be a good gig this weekend, our first at common ground...PJ will be spinning some crazy records as always

• hey beattrain ...

when are you going to be in seattle in august. might have room for you if you are around the second saturday of the month. i will actually be djing in the UK that weekend, so it would be ideal to have a guest that month.

i dont check these forums often, so best to email me at [email]kevin@emeraldcitysoulclub.com[/email]

one of our residents was one of the folks that started Charm City Soul Club over there in Boston ... he says its changed a bit since he was involved.

anyhow, drop me a line.

kevin

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts

one of our residents was one of the folks that started Charm City Soul Club over there in Boston ... he says its changed a bit since he was involved.

charm city soul club? Is that boston based? based on the myspace it looks like a BMore thing?

-pj

• The Charm City night was a Baltimore thing started in the mid 90s, I was one of the DJs too.

Kevin & co. have it going on seriously up in Seattle, very impressive job building that night up.

I'm in Portland, I don't DJ but may be able to get you some info on stuff, have heard good things about a new night recently, PM me if you want.

• hi hiam -

youre right ... anything east of arizona is all a blur to me.
    keep me posted on goings on in portland. would love to hear about it (as long as it doesnt involve certain seedy charactors that do lots of drugs ...)

kev

• I am friends w/l.t.s, When are you in Portland? PM me too, I could maybe hook you up with something/someone-to-talk-to-that-books for a night.