Songs Ur Embarrassed to Love

dj_netadj_neta 166 Posts
edited June 2005 in Music Talk
so, i've been in denial... but i just flipped on VH1 and found myself suddenly happy. and moved. i think i really really like Kelly Clarkson's "Behind These Hazel Eyes." equally embarrassing favorites?

Comments

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    There are very few songs I'm embarrassed to admit I like...I like a lot of music that's considered "bad" by the arbiter of genius black music (ie, D****l).

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    You Light Up My life - Debbie Boone. 70's AM Gold era stuff.

• Bread - Guitar Man

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Ciara "Oh" I didn't think I was embaressed till I had it on the radio and rolled up next to a bunch of high school kids ...who looked at me and smirked...I like it ..What...It's banngin

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Lots of songs off Wham!'s MAKE IT BIG work for me.

Wifey's always disappointed when I rep the piano man, too.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    When I was in grade school this friend of my sister had a radio show. He said, "call in, and I'll play any requests you have." So I stayed up til midnight most nights, waiting for his show, and call in my request. "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" by Whitney Houston. Same request every night. And I'd record that portion of the show onto cassette, so I had a whole side of a tape with the "this one goes out to..." intros followed by the song. I'd listen to it over and over.

Meanwhile, my entire record collection was punk and death metal.

This was about the same time I began questioning my sexuality.

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    Erasure - Respect

I was force-fed this song at the health club I used to work out at back in 88-89. I always thought I hated the song...but apparently I love it.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

• i wanna dance with somebody/how will i know are STIILL alltime jamz

now for my song....i gotta admit that i really really like NO DOUBT - UNTERNEITH IT ALL. the song is has some personal meaning to me, and i just think it's good. at my local diner it's the only song i put on the jukebox (9501)

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts
    so, i've been in denial... but i just flipped on VH1 and found myself suddenly happy. and moved. i think i really really like Kelly Clarkson's "Behind These Hazel Eyes."

equally embarrassing favorites?

I haven't heard this song yet, but KC is my dude. If shit's good you don't need to be embarrassed of it. "Toxic" is not a song worthy of being embarrassed to love, that shit is killer. Maybe if you really like Britney's TV show you should be embarrassed...

• dj_netadj_neta 166 Posts
    Maybe if you really like Britney's TV show you should be embarrassed...

• andyhoopsandyhoops 154 Posts
    The Deele - Shoot Em Up Movies

its been sampled to hell by alot of people but i still love it.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts

Wifey's always disappointed when I rep the piano man, too.

Yo just last my son and I were rocking to the Billy joel jam "My Life" I'm not sure if thats the right tittle ...I was really feeling it.... lets just say air guitar was involved!

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts

Not too long ago, my little brother was talking about how these guys are despite the radio friendly songs they are known for. That's debateable, but I've taken a shine to "Tap, Twist, Snap"

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Tom Jones - Its Not Unusual

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

IMO, Wham!'s first LP from '82 has a lot of nice boogie moments on it.

(waiting for an AYO here...)

SG

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

I like the track LOVE WILL SAVE THE DAY of this album...!
    (not embarrassed though)
    cause its dope!

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Mario "You Should Let Me Love You" and both reggae covers I've heard of it.

And speaking of: downy-soft reggae artist Fiona does a cover of "Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word" by Elton John over the Substitute Lover riddim. And I love it.

And I think my love of Wham's "Everything She Wants" is fairly well documented here.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

I like the track LOVE WILL SAVE THE DAY of this album...!
    (not embarrassed though)
    cause its dope!
    dope like that shit she smoke.

• i wanna dance with somebody = alltime jamz

I think David Byrne was playing this as his encore on a tour a couple years back...

How about Don Henley -- All she wants to do is Dance ----- just the Miami Vice synth intro and drums. I won't acknowledge that I like it, but I will turn it up. Pure sacchrine!

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    Phil Collins "In the air tonight".

I know that's subjective because the song is a classic. But anyway, I always pretended like that song wasn't nearly as dope as I knew it was.

sorry phil.

oh, and Duran Duran.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

And speaking of: downy-soft reggae artist Fiona does a cover of "Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word" by Elton John over the Substitute Lover riddim. And I love it.

And I think my love of Wham's "Everything She Wants" is fairly well documented here.

Dude, Mario? And you thought "Touch" by Omarion was suspect.

Fuck, I reaaaaaaaly liked that recent rock song "Islands in the sun". Was that by Weezer?

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

oh, and Duran Duran.

yes mine would by "The Chauffeur" off of Rio. that song is MEGACORNY, especially when leBon wails "Siiiiiiiing Blue Silverrrrrr...."

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    I used to live with a good friend in Flint. I worked in Ann arbor which is like a 45 minute drive. Sometimes I would stay the night, somtimes I would come home at like 4:30 in the morning (i was a bartender)

One saturday after i had worked and returned home late, my roommate got up early to clean the house. Apparently he did not think I was home, because teh radio as on full blast playing his cassingle of "STRAIGHT UP (NOW TELL ME)" By Paula Abdul. He was singing along really loud. I peeked out the door, and he even had a couple of swift little steps to accompany his song and cleaning.

I interuppted him and he tried to play it off as if it was a joke meant to wake me up. But his red ass face said otherwise.

• dj_netadj_neta 166 Posts

Dude, Mario? And you thought "Touch" by Omarion was suspect.

Fuck, I reaaaaaaaly liked that recent rock song "Islands in the sun". Was that by Weezer?

Omarion is a lot more suspect than Mario.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

IMO, Wham!'s first LP from '82 has a lot of nice boogie moments on it.

I was hanging out with some local electronic DJs last night and I made one of them positively green with envy by mentioning I had an OG "Young Guns (Go For It)" 12". He was lamenting about never being able to find it and not being able to afford it if he did.

There later ensued a debate as to which DJ would be a bigger draw in NC: Mark Grant or Noel Sanger, neither of whom I had even heard of. Mark Grant was the winner 2 to 1, with one of the DJs (who spins house and electro) attacking Sanger on the basis that "trance sucks."

I was confused. Maybe I should have called PLUR on my celly to help out.

• mistercmisterc 329 Posts
    Whenever a Phil Collins jam comes on the radio I always roll the windows down and sing real loud to embarass my old lady. Some particular favs: Easy Lover and Against all Odds.

Come to think of it, if I'm rolling down the windows and blasting this sh*t I'm not that embarassed am I?

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    I once had a moment in the car with C. Aguillera's "Beautiful". It pains me to admit it...I must have been off the Prozac that day...

• I don't love it but I kinda like Spagna "call me"...

Sorry guys,

Dress

• VagabondVagabond 417 Posts
    i wanna dance with somebody = alltime jamz

I think David Byrne was playing this as his encore on a tour a couple years back...

He still covers this song. He does a real nice version of it. I saw him three times last year. If you get a chance go see David Byrne, the man puts on a helluva show.