~Your Favorite Local/Regional LP's~

NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
edited February 2018 in Record Collecting
Hey Guys,This is NateBizzo. Being that this is a global forum with members from across the globe I thought I'd start a discussion about music local to your region. I'm curious about what regional LP's you guys are picking up and enjoying.Being as I'm in Vermont the local jazz/funk/soul/facemelting/psych genres are not that plentiful. However there are several local Folk LP's that I have been enjoying.One of them is Guy & Joe. This is folk LP out of Central Vermont. It's mostly straight ahead folk, but the vocal and instrumentation have some psych leaning. Not much though.

Something more recently is this local Burlington 7' Box Set from the early 90's that I got some time ago. Mostly pop, punk and folk stuff but still a cool local relic.

How about you? What are some of your favorite local records?

TAGGED:

Comments

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I thought I would never say this or be that guy but "this place aint' what it used to be."
    capricornrising

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I thought I would never say this or be that guy but "this place aint' what it used to be."

Yeah it's not like heads are shipping you free He's Coming sleeves or anything...

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    So you're back in DC?

Yeah dude, I've been here for a minute. Are you still around? Thought you moved down south.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I assume we're talking about regional records made in your local area, I would have to pick none other than the Quasar - Man Coda record which was recorded just 10 minutes from my crib in Brisbane, Australia.... RAER.

peace.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    at what point does 'share the knowledge' become 'help me add some records to my private press ebay wantlist'???

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    RVA

EDGE OF DAYBREAK

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    don't you mean

Yeah it's not like heads are shipping you free He's Coming sleeves or anything...

I am referring to record discussion. Not friendly-ness. You are a peach. We all know that.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    ok i love you too nate boscoe.

you should save search rare essence.

at what point does 'share the knowledge' become 'help me add some records to my private press ebay wantlist'???

Dude I like to learn about music. Any time I have info I am always more than happy to share. I have never been one to hoard anything.

Ask anybody on this board.

If you want to be the bitter guy who doesn't like to share knowledge about music then don't participate, not a big deal. I am just trying to spark discussion.

I don't sell records so I have no motives other than to learn. That what this site has always been about.

He has never been one to hoard anything.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    The Outcasts 45 the track spell is probably my favorite local find of late. I like that First Family lp as well.

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    Atbann Klannn

also

A**ve and We**
    TS***A
    W***er Whi****unt Orchestra
    Wild ****
    W***s City
    B**
    F******* High
    The Boys In the ****
    B***u Double Shot

To many dumbfuck little dudes running around here with the I sample anything attitude to have serious talks about digging or to even drop this info on them so they can go hunt down mp3s.

it's 2007 and knowledge is more crucial than anything in the record game./

That what this site has always been about.

& baby strollers.

"Don't you hate it when (insert self-righteous record pet peeve here)" discussions are for waxidermy.

Soulstrut should still have some bright-eyed optimism about "the game".

Nate,

repping your local priavte experience is always interesting, local stuff is what I mostly collect.

it's just that your motives are sadly transparent.

you're a yuppie private press collectro who needs to be told what to buy off ebay.

yeah that just happened.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I like Leo's Sunshipp.

Soul and Funk LPs from places where I am familiar:

Columbus, OH: Wee You Can Fly On My Aeroplane
    Miami, FL: James Knight & the Butlers Black Knight
    Kansas City, MO: Curtis Liggins Indications acetate
    Chicago, IL: Reflections of Time feat. Padro
    Joliet, IL: Stateville Jammin In The Joint
    Richmond, VA: Edge of Daybreak
    Philadelphia, PA: Ron Everett Glitter Of The City

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

I need to hear this album. The write up in WP got me fiendin'

Nate,

repping your local priavte experience is always interesting, local stuff is what I mostly collect.

you're a yuppie private press collectro who needs to be told what to buy off ebay.

yeah that just happened.

And you're middle-aged shut-in gay record dealer.

So what, that doesn't mean we can share knowledge with each other.

Besides, I thought that in order to be a yuppie you needed to be over 30, drive a volvo, and live in a condo? I prefer the term neo-hippie.

Bro I have no motives other than to listen to good music. Not trying to infringe on your "game".

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    this thread is turning out to be great!

Young men asking to "share" with older gay men. So

Fucking bitches need to stop fronting on Volvos.

I need to hear this album. The write up in WP got me fiendin'

Just listen to the first two Moments albums and you've heard it.

Nate,

yeah that just happened.

Besides, I thought that in order to be a yuppie you needed to be over 30, drive a volvo, and live in a condo? I prefer the term neo-hippie.

Bro I have no motives other than to listen to good music. Not trying to infringe on your "game".

damn.

you hella burned me bro.

if you were to infringe on my game, you'd actually have to do some 'digging'

still, I'm shook.

you hella burned me bro.

sorry, i called that shit for my location. don't even think about it, faggurt.

but, if you want it, you have to post your top 5 random raps from Wichita or your favorite black Psych acetate from Macon.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

LIVE AT THE PLEASUREDOME EAST

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    this thread is turning out to be great!

And for the record, first thing I thought of was

Hi Nate!