GO LISTEN TO SUPERTOASTERS BEATS NOW

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited July 2016 in Music Talk
Listen to that first one (called "Broken")and give the most honest critique you can. Why? I'll tell you why later, for right now I want you to listen to it and tell lil homie what you think.and no "its crap" or anything like that. give this dude some serious feedback.

Comments

• genomgenom 19 Posts
    the piano's he layered over the main sample sound so incredibly out of tune, it really makes it unbearable.

• I listened to it earlier and, from that one listen, would offer the following advice:

It is dangerous to mimic the disjointed style of Madlib.

His other compositions show more promise (ya know ... relatively speaking), but the off-time forced in "stabs" and such weren't working for me in "Broken". Not to mention the loooooooong uninterrupted loop in the background ... but he's 15 after all.

• oooooh schitt...new horse in the race! here comes GENOME on the inside rail...
    Duderonomy

• but he's 15 after all.

And he makes that ABUNDANTLY clear on that page, by the way.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    you know, this sort of thing is not my 'bag' at all, but I've heard worse.

at least it's not some 'balzing downtempo' where it's just basically a slow beat playing for 5 minutes while the 'producer' twists another one up.

---

• Just sayin', you don't HAVE ride that age thing so hard.

• genomgenom 19 Posts
    Buddy, I am 15 ok. Why are so many people trying to hella burn me. I dont understand man. I am a young sampler sampling for fun and enjoyment. Is genome even real considering he had only 1 post and it just happens to be on this. Like give me a break. I am trying to just have fun with sampling I dont expect to do shit with this.

figure of your imagination. I am 15 though.

• Buddy, I am 15 ok. Why are so many people trying to hella burn me. I dont understand man. I am a young sampler sampling for fun and enjoyment. Is genome even real considering he had only 1 post and it just happens to be on this. Like give me a break. I am trying to just have fun with sampling I dont expect to do shit with this.

dog, at 15, you best expect to do shit with this. dream big, dude.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Buddy, I am 15 ok. Why are so many people trying to hella burn me. I dont understand man. I am a young sampler sampling for fun and enjoyment. Is genome even real considering he had only 1 post and it just happens to be on this. Like give me a break. I am trying to just have fun with sampling I dont expect to do shit with this.

figure of your imagination. I am 15 though.

no your not. Why did you suddenly post on this topic on your first post. You are probably that dizzy cat.

Man, lay offa Genome, he's just a kid!

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Why are so many people trying to hella burn me.

I almost lost it in the office just then.

oh yeah

--------------------------

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i enjoyed the 2nd and third beats. some ballsy layering techniques. out of tune out of focus, but sounds right. keep at it.

• I do suck. BRAVO.

Listen ... you've got some talent, promise, an ear for the old tunes. Its just that you also have the rare skill of being able to make all of SoulStrut spin on its head. We're all bored guys at work (in the day ... now we're bored guys at home) ... we eat this shit up. Please for to not take this stuff too personally.

well I do buddy. I do take this all very seriously. I came here for help but instead I was fried on the internet. I took most of this personally. I aint gunna lie and act all tough and some of it hurt. And I need to find a way to stop coming back to this forum.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    BAN SUPERTOASTER[/b]

• well I do buddy. I do take this all very seriously. I came here for help but instead I was fried on the internet. I took most of this personally. I aint gunna lie and act all tough and some of it hurt. And I need to find a way to stop coming back to this forum.

Then you honestly would have been better served at The-Breaks.com. SoulStrut is known for its cut-throat sarcastic humor, not its educational opportunities.

That said, many people gave you SOLID advice and you basically shrugged most of it off. And it was the manner of your shrugging that fired people up. Hate to say it, but you brought it on yourself. I'll repeat advice you've received all day ... read more, post less.

• on /b/ you don't have to attach your name to anything, it tends to make beatings like this easier. it seems like the pool is closed, but you're certainly making stuff thats more impressive than kids in my high school that made beats (but that was like, 6 years ago).

• you seem to have a more sophisticated ear than i did at...wait...how old did you say you were?

• you seem to have a more sophisticated ear than i did at...wait...how old did you say you were?

..15 just turned like a month ago.

word?? you're only 15? day-yum! Only 15...well, will you look at that. 15...huh.

wow.

your mocksin

word?? you're only 15? day-yum! Only 15...well, will you look at that. 15...huh.

wow.

yeah. Maybe you can tell that dizzy guy that I am good because he says I suck.

Dizzy! Check yer PM's!

wait, how old are you?

• genomgenom 19 Posts
    This has got to be a gimmick.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    10 seconds in and i already hate this. I couldn't even afford a CASIO keyboard from a pawn shop at age 15. You're dead to me toaster.

- spidey

• RafaelRafael 120 Posts
    I am a young sampler sampling for fun and enjoyment.

Never lose that feeling...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER
    BAN SUPERTOASTER

thank you.
    you made my night.

There are more locations in this thread than ANYWHERE ELSE EVER!

give this dude some serious feedback
    new horse in the race!
    Why are so many people trying to hella burn me.
    Like give me a break.
    Why did you suddenly post on this topic on your first post.
    why, everyone burns me in this forum.
    I am constantly getting burned
    I wish I never joined this forum man
    I am good because he says I suck.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    And I need to find a way to stop coming back to this forum.

It has taken me four years to find a way out of no way. It may take you longer.

Get out now.

Thanks for the laughs. Sorry some internet tough guys hurt your feelings.
    JRoot

OMG I forgot some of the best ones:

I do take this all very seriously
    I was fried on the internet
    I need to find a way to stop coming back to this forum

This shit is gonna get me fired from my job.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    what was going on in that youtube video!?!?!??!?!?!?

is that you supertoastor?????