is it me or do the red hot chilli peppers blow chu

kalakala 3,358 Posts
edited July 2016 in Music Talk
nksanother fucking single with word"california" in ithow inventivebooks,cereal,toilet paper,chewing gum ,tamponsoverhyped papi liked the hilell slovak erabut that was 20 years agoflea can't even save them nowutter dreck

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    too bad Harvey Archaic is so "busy" over in the Rub thread, he could tell you why this band is so important.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    There was a Live in Milan concert on the HD network that was aweful. The musicianship is there, but Anthony Kiedis is a no-talent can't sing, can't rap sum of a bitch. Rick Rubin really saved those guys.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    paging ricky vincent...

oooowwwwwwww..... fonkay....

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Rick Rubin really saved those guys.

Ugg!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Rick Rubin really saved those guys.

Ugg!

Rubin is the ultimate 911 Emergency producer and he has done a good job IMO. Last thing Metallica needs is another Bob Rock blunder. After all , the guys name is fucking Bob Rock!

• havent listeneed to any of their new material in decades, but "under the bridge" is my shit

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    And, yes, this band is comically bad.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    They're a great band that need not participate in any singing activities. Put on a killer live show when they're sober.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    havent listeneed to any of their new material in decades, but "under the bridge" is my shit

timeless

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    I just think they enjoyed the mainstream to much and now are in love with that pop music money. I can't really blame them, but it's still kinda sad. They need to go back to their hard funk, punk, psych/altern rock roots. I don't want to listen to Anthony singing ballads all the damn time. Muthafuckers need to get hyped again. Flea is still the man. Tho, I wish he would go back to his slapping stylez more often. I'm guessing years of it have had a toll on his thumb.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    They're a great band that need not participate in any singing activities. Put on a killer live show when they're sober.

Yeah, I'm not a fan by a long chalk but I've worked on a couple of their live shows which were great. Then again, I could say the same about Bon Jovi.

I'll get my coat.

I wish he would go back to his slapping stylez more often.

SoulStrut heresy!

• I wish he would go back to his slapping stylez more often.

SoulStrut heresy!

You mean back when he was... ON THE ONE???

OWWWWWWWW!!!!

• magpiemagpie 160 Posts
    im a little p
    i love the sky and the trees
    im a teeny, tiny
    little ant
    checking out this and that
    and i am nothin
    iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
    so you have nothin to hide
    oh yeah
    im small

• Then again, I could say the same about Bon Jovi.

IT'S ALRIGHT, IT'S ALRIGHT, IT'S ALRIGHT, IT'S ALRIGHT x 16

The last good (dare I say great) album by RHCP was BloodSugarSexMagik, I even give them One Hot Minute[/b] for being decent, due to Dave Navarro's guitar work.

"Soul To Squeeze" was an outtake from the BloodSugarSexMagik sessions,
    used as a B-side, used on the Coneheads[/b] soundtrack which lead to it being released as a single, and becoming the template of what the band has become in the last 15 years.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Their cover of Love Rollercoaster is pretty damn tight.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    haven't heard it 10+ years but this album used to be my shat:

I remember listening to this ablum while driving while on mushrooms. Then I hit a tree and fled the scene.

I got a cousin who played me their current stuff not too long ago.

Just can't stomache anthony keidis and his alterna-rock-rap stylings these days.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I just think they enjoyed the mainstream to much and now are in love with that pop music money. I can't really blame them, but it's still kinda sad. They need to go back to their hard funk, punk, psych/altern rock roots. I don't want to listen to Anthony singing ballads all the damn time. Muthafuckers need to get hyped again. Flea is still the man. Tho, I wish he would go back to his slapping stylez more often. I'm guessing years of it have had a toll on his thumb.

You are joshing up, DOR.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Sayin'.
    I like both the OG and the RHCP cover.

That is all.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    havent listeneed to any of their new material in decades, but "under the bridge" is my shit

I realize this song may have some sympathetic hold on your hobo heartstrings, and I can forgive that (like I will never get rid of my Jellyfish Bellybutton LP, as it will forever connect me, musically, to one magical night with a high school foreign exchange student with a terribly sexy case of hyperhidrosis), but if you strip whatever sentimental attachment you have (a story, please?) to this song, I think you'll find an empty sleeve.

And, yes, this band is comically bad.

Thirty dirty birds/Sitting on a curb/Chirpin' and burpin'/And eatin dirty earthworms

• They been around what, 20+ years now? They just make AOR records anymore. Who is making better records w/ an AOR sound these days? I dig on post Red Hot Minute albums, since they got Frusciante back. None of those records are gold all the way through, but they have some great songs on them. Although they are getting progressively softer and less focused. The new double disc was pretty bloated. Having Rubin onboard definitely helps. The Navarro period is an atrocity IMO.

I've ridden for them before and got teased about it. It's cool, just didn't see any reason to hide.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    They lost me after "Blood Sugar". Really, they lost me after Hillel died, but when they started getting hits with ballads that was the last ingredient in the crap stew they have been selling for the last 15 years or so.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Rick Rubin is really overrated.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    For what RHCP is they're not terrible. I dunno I have trouble getting the energy to hate them, they're not as big as like U2 or something and they've never really been crit-darlings so its not so easy to hate.

For what RHCP is they're not terrible.

What they is is terrible.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

For some strange reason I'm betting you once owned an Urban Dance Squad CD.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

What i mean is, if you think mainstream popular rock music from the 90s is in any way redeemable, these guys aren't bad. They are much better than, like, vertical horizon or some shit.

• For what RHCP is they're not terrible.

Aw man I'm rolling over here. I had the tape. They were discussed last week whilst listening to Acid.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    As someone who is put in the position of listening
    to mainstream rock radio for hours every day at work,
    I can say I have learned to truly hate the RHCP.

Just like TOOL, the hate comes mainly from the fact that
    they have made THE SAME FUCKING SONG at least 9 times in
    a row now ... the last time they made a song that didn't sound
    exactly like the one before it with 2 chords changed and
    a slightly altered lyric, was the "AIRPLANE SONG" a few years
    back, and I'll even admit I kinda liked that one, if only
    because it was something a little different.

They are now Top Five "change the station as soon as they
    come on" status for me, right up there with My Chemical Romance
    and anything Perry Farrell related ...

Never even heard of it.