6. luniz - i got 5 on it

plaese add on to it

Comments

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

• chaschas 45 Posts
    41fivin'

• DJ Ales One (aka Max Kane):

Anyone looking to make a classic Bay mix should buy this first (then abandon all hope of topping it).

And B.Cause has an unreleased/unfinished classic Bay mix that's just as good.

• Wouldn't you need some Too Short on there? I listened to "Born to Mack" about 3 times this weekend. So good.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

• Del
    Casual
    Mac Dre
    N2Deep
    Too $hort
    MC Hammer (yeah, it's not that rill schitt, but it's from the Yay)
    $pice 1
    Blackalicious/Latryx/DJ Shadow
    Paris
    Digital Underground/Raw Fusion/2Pac (although he morphed to a LA rapper)
    Sway & King Tech
    Saafir
    Rasco

lesser known:
    Charizma & PB Wolf
    Homeliss Derelix
    10 Bass T
    The B.U.M.S.

and there was another group with like 10 dudes on it that put out a couple of singles, I think one of them was on yellow vinyl but their name escapes me right now...

• chaschas 45 Posts

lesser known:
    Homeliss Derelix

HD was a crew out of Milpitas I think. Another group, The Dereliks came out of San Jose in the mid-90s. Not the first thing that comes to mind when I think of "bay rap", but they had a pretty dope album. "I am a Record" and "The Phrase that Pays" are two tracks I remember being nice. There was some talk about reissueing the vinyl a year or two ago.

• and there was another group with like 10 dudes on it that put out a couple of singles, I think one of them was on yellow vinyl but their name escapes me right now...

Bored Stiff?

• The Dereliks came out of San Jose in the mid-90s. Not the first thing that comes to mind when I think of "bay rap", but they had a pretty dope album. "I am a Record" and "The Phrase that Pays" are two tracks I remember being nice. There was some talk about reissueing the vinyl a year or two ago.

didn't happen, did it? i better get rid of my copy before they do. somebody here just sold one for $50 or so on the bay.

I would also say you should check out some classic bay mixes by established bay DJs before getting too crazy with it. I mean, if it's just for you or whatever, then do your thing, but if you plan to put it out, best to plan and make sure you aren't making the same mix somebody else already made.

• and there was another group with like 10 dudes on it that put out a couple of singles, I think one of them was on yellow vinyl but their name escapes me right now...

Bored Stiff?

that's the one - prolly not another classic, but hey - I like to brainstorm!

• autezautez 404 Posts

I would also say you should check out some classic bay mixes by established bay DJs before getting too crazy with it. I mean, if it's just for you or whatever, then do your thing, but if you plan to put it out, best to plan and make sure you aren't making the same mix somebody else already made.
    no i'm just making it for a friend of mine who moved to the bay area a few months ago. she hasnt heard much hip hop. like i just played her 93 till infinity and she said its the first time shes ever heard it. appreciate the responses. i'll probably put mc hammer as the last track and brotha lynch return of da baby killer on there too.

• autezautez 404 Posts
    some others i thought of

jt the bigga figga - game recognize game
    mac mall - my opinion
    coup - me and jesus the pimp
    rappin 4 tay - playaz club

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    FATHER DOM

thats whats up

Im serious

• Blackalicious "Swan Lake"

throw a DJ Shadow beat on there

Don't forget Richie Rich

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    41fivin'

• The Dereliks came out of San Jose in the mid-90s. Not the first thing that comes to mind when I think of "bay rap", but they had a pretty dope album. "I am a Record" and "The Phrase that Pays" are two tracks I remember being nice. There was some talk about reissueing the vinyl a year or two ago.
    That Dereliks "A Turn of the Wheel" EP was very dope. I hope a re-ish comes out.

Also, Rappin' 4-Tay's "Playaz Club" was as big as any bay anthem in the mid-90s.
    "I got a hoe named reel-to-reel/She got a buddy named SP-12 now you know the deal/We gets freaky in the studio late night/That's why the beats that you hear are comin' real tight"

More champagne Mista Fo'tay?

here is one i just found while looking for random rap tracks:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lnac4z

Some 89' oakland track, the instro is really where its at though.

• autezautez 404 Posts
    appreciate it all. if anyones got some more gems please drop them

• you mentioned my opinion but you should probably have sick wit this on there. some old dre dog. make SURE you got some mac dre on there (too hard for the fuckin' radio to start with). e40 - dusted and disgusted, carlo rossi. some spiggety spice. pretty much any too short. some dru down. definitely 4tay playas club, luniz 5 on it, little bruce - mobbin in my old school...

• some dru down.

DUDE!! I was just thinking I should have mentioned "Pimp Of The Year"

• Oakland Blackouts

Freaks of the Industry

• a few off the top of my head...

songs:
    cellski-livin in the bay, young niggas
    rbl - bammer weed
    young d boys-sellin cocaine as usual
    bored stiff-peaceful rotation
    hugh emc-my poetry, h nigga groove
    click-hurricane, let's get drunk
    mac mall-rude boy
    spice 1-187 proof
    too short-life's 2 short
    b-legit-tryin to get a buck
    415-snitches and bitches
    mac dre-gift 2 gab
    noh-live 4 da funk (think this is the name)
    seff the gaffla-nadine
    Rbl/totally inasne - G's by the 123's

• autezautez 404 Posts
    thanks

• autezautez 404 Posts

cellski-livin in the bay
    luv this one

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

andre nickatina

holy shit!!!

what is this dudes story?

• some dru down.

Dubee a.k.a. SugaWolf

• autezautez 404 Posts
    dont know if i'd put this on the mix i'm making but thought id share it. just downloaded some mix called frisco legendz and it had this big mack track on it called "countin money" and its pretty smooth