Cadet Concept

akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
does anybody have a COMPLETE discography? there were only about 20-22 releases total right? im trying to collect them all...ive got a start:IMG src=http://www.boomspeed.com/fannywagon/cadetconceptzzzz.jpg>i found two discographies online, but one had colonel bagshots album and "hey,love", the other didnt, so im wondering if anybody has a truly complete one? i gotta collect them all.in addition to a complete discography online, does anybody here OWN the complete discography, or damn close? id love to see a photo.

Comments

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    by the way, almost forgot Electric Mud even existed, what a fucking mistake. Tom Cat officially kicks the shit out of IT

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

this album is a must own! electric mud style heat.

yeah, but ive never seen a copy! i'm picking up the first one i see

by the way im only interested in an LP discography....not 45s

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

I have a complete LP and 45 discography at home in Chicago. I'm sure someone will post it before I get back. The reason why the Bagshot and Rotary Connection weren't listed is ostensibly because they were released after the GRT Chess takeover, when the catalogue numbers got all fucked up. But they were CC, ever though they were grouped in number order with the other Chess releases.

I have a complete LP and 45 discography at home in Chicago. I'm sure someone will post it before I get back.

well i suppose i would be a little interested in seeing the 45 discography as well...usually when i find a non-status quo cadet concept 45 its some decent soul song or something....

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    There were only about 30 45s, as I recall, and mostly album-found singles at that. But Harvey Scales makes at least one appearance, on the last listed single.

• the big one you missed is archie whitewater S/T, but you have most of the goodies. 22 seems a little high? maybe.
    this page has the best overview i could find:
    http://www.bsnpubs.com/chess/cadetconcept.html

by the way, that photos awesome. your floor is perfect for flossing chess/cadet/checker/argo!

and i admire this quest. never saw the klemmers you have, though ive seen many other klemmers 20000 times.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    The reason why the original listing starts at -312 is because that number is the area code for Chicago.

the big one you missed is archie whitewater S/T, but you have most of the goodies. 22 seems a little high? maybe.
    this page has the best overview i could find:
    http://www.bsnpubs.com/chess/cadetconcept.html

by the way, that photos awesome. your floor is perfect for flossing chess/cadet/checker/argo!

and i admire this quest. never saw the klemmers you have, though ive seen many other klemmers 20000 times.

a friend in town got archie whitewater for 50 cents on some guys porch record sale...if only i had been there...

yeah i checked that site, but its kinda funny, the record they chose as an example of the label design isnt even included in their discography!

youve never seen blowin' gold? strange...although that other one ive never seen or heard of outside of my copy...i borrowed a bunch of records from my friends uncle one time, and.."forgot" to give that one back. since it was mostly big-name stuff i was borrowing (zappa, others) he must have just forgotten about that one.

is "eruptions" worth getting? my local shop has a copy. i guess i gotta get it either way to complete this collection.

someday if i ever have the time and money, id LOVE to have a complete Cadet/Chess 1965-1971 collection as well...anybody close?

• Stretch yourself to ??74 and get Jack McDuff??s "Fourth Dimension" LP. So dope.

Cadet Concept is one of my favourite labels. So many dope records! The Aesops Fables "In Due Time" LP is great, and all that "updated" mega funky blues stuff is fantastic!

- J

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    i think i have a sealed copy of that earl doude record if you are interested. i have to check when i get back to miami

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I've been thinking about trying to get completist on this too. Though I thought I'd start with the mp3's, and see which Lp's I really needed. And I'm kinda glad I did. I've been wanting the Bagshot Lp for a while now, but after hearing the rest of the album I think I can pass on that one.
    Does anyone have the Violinaires' lp? Is it any good? Sounds like it could be interesting, or awful.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

Does anyone have the Violinaires' lp? Is it any good? Sounds like it could be interesting, or awful.

which one?

• Does anyone have the Violinaires' lp? Is it any good? Sounds like it could be interesting, or awful.

which one?

If you're looking for quartet gospel that sounds like southern soul, the Violinaires are a good group to look into...not just on Chess, but also on Jewel. Definitive moment: "I Don't Know," which is the exact same song as Laura Lee's "As Long As I Got You" (also on Chess), but with protest-song lyrics.

• Here are some of the others previously mentioned that aren't in your photo.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    The only 2 CC I am missing is "Electric Mud" and "Aesop."

• Contains a dope version of "Thanks For The Memories" arranged by Charles Stepney, with Phil Upchurch and Muddy Waters playing dual guitars. And a Maurice White breakbeat. Possibly the most influential Chess artist this side of the Chicago Cubs.[/b]

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    The only 2 CC I am missing is "Electric Mud" and "Aesop."

[color:white]... and that bob hope jawn [/color]

• Cadet Concept LPs[/b]

312 Rotary Connection S/T
    313 (not used)
    314 Muddy Waters Electric Mud
    315 Status Quo Messages From The Status Quo
    316 Salloom and Sinclair Salloom, Sinclair and the Mother Bear
    317 Rotary Connection Aladdin
    318 Rotary Connection Peace
    319 Howlin??? Wolf This Is Howlin??? Wolf???s New Album
    320 Muddy Waters After The Rain
    321 John Klemmer Blowin??? Gold
    322 Rotary Connection Songs
    323 Aesop???s Fables In Due Time
    324 Howlin??? Wolf S/T
    325 Joel Vance What I Did On My Vacation
    326 John Klemmer All The Children Cried
    327 Salloom and Sinclair S/T
    328 Rotary Connection Dinner Music
    329 Archie Whitewater S/T
    330 John Klemmer Eruptions
    331 Aesop???s Fables S/T
    50006 Rotary Connection Hey Love
    50010 Colonel Bagshot Oh! What a Lovely War

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    what color is the OG electric mud and whats the story on reprints or whateva. the one i got is white, not black.

• Cadet Concept LPs[/b]

312 Rotary Connection S/T
    313 (not used)
    314 Muddy Waters Electric Mud
    315 Status Quo Messages From The Status Quo
    316 Salloom and Sinclair Salloom, Sinclair and the Mother Bear
    317 Rotary Connection Aladdin
    318 Rotary Connection Peace
    319 Howlin??? Wolf This Is Howlin??? Wolf???s New Album
    320 Muddy Waters After The Rain
    321 John Klemmer Blowin??? Gold
    322 Rotary Connection Songs
    323 Aesop???s Fables In Due Time
    324 Howlin??? Wolf S/T
    326 John Klemmer All The Children Cried
    327 Salloom and Sinclair S/T
    328 Rotary Connection Dinner Music
    329 Archie Whitewater S/T
    330 John Klemmer Eruptions
    331 Aesop???s Fables S/T
    50006 Rotary Connection Hey Love
    50010 Colonel Bagshot Oh! What a Lovely War

...and what about

1 Earle Doud Presents: Spiro T. Agnew Is A Riot!

• Is is OG Electric Mud black with white writing? Mines white with black writing.

Another thing, are any Rotary Connection lps any good? I tried to listen to one called Dinner Music or something and thought it was pure

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    what color is the OG electric mud and whats the story on reprints or whateva. the one i got is white, not black.

I think Black may be first, but both are early, both have the book. I have had the White Cover on a green All Platinum distributed label, so that is a little later.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    mines black on white also, thought it was OG, but maybe not.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    I have been on the hunt for all the concepts for a while now, but Im just sticking to the field.. Its looking like Im going to have to get that Whitewater off the bay though...

Any 45s that are not on albums?

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    http://cgi.ebay.com/LP-MUDDY-WATERS-ELEC...1QQcmdZViewItem

damn, mine doesnt have a booklet of muddy waters getting his hair processed

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    http://cgi.ebay.com/LP-MUDDY-WATERS-ELEC...1QQcmdZViewItem

damn, mine doesnt have a booklet of muddy waters getting his hair processed

Then you need to get it.

I think if someone is going to be a CC completest they need both the Black and White covers.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Cadet Concept LPs[/b]

324 Howlin??? Wolf S/T
    331 Aesop???s Fables S/T

I have never seen these 3 LP's how are they?

Is The S/T Howlin' Wolf similar to his other Cadet Concept release?. Is the Aesops Fables S/T better than their first album? and what is Joel Vance all about?

LamarTinson[/b] The best Rotary Connection albums IMO are Songs (an album of contemporary covers of the day rearranged by Charles Stepney and turned on their ear), and Hey Love (Features the soul classic Black Gold Of The Sun).

Aladin, and Dinner Music are pretty blah to me. Their Christmas album "Peace" is interesting and the S/T has Memory Band which is a hip-hop sample classic.

• Cadet Concept 45s[/b]

7000 Rotary Connection ???Like A Rollin??? Stone/ Turn Me On???
    7001 Status Quo ???Pictures Of Matchstick Men/ Gentleman Joe???s Sidewalk Caf?????
    7002 Rotary Connection ???Soul Man/ Ruby Tuesday???
    7003 Jeanne Piersol ???Gladys/ With Your Love???
    7004 The Wildweeds ???I???m Dreaming/ Happiness Is Just An Illusion???
    7005 Aesop???s Fables ???I???m Gonna Make You Love Me/ They Go Out And Get It???
    7006 Status Quo ???Ice In The Sun/ When My Mind Is Not Live???
    7007 Rotary Connection ???Paper Castle/ Teach Me How To Fly???
    7008 Rotary Connection ???Aladdin/ Magical World???
    7009 Rotary Connection ???Peace At Last/ Christmas Night???
    7010 Status Quo ???Technicolor Dreams/ Spices And Specks???
    7011 Aesop???s Fables ???Temptation ???Bout To Get Me/ What Is Love???
    7012 Jeanne Piersol ???Your Sweet Inner Self/ The Most???
    7013 Howlin??? Wolf ???Evil/ Tail Dragger???
    7014 Rotary Connection ???The Weight/ Respect???
    7015 Status Quo ???Black Veils Of Melancholy/ To Be Free???
    7016 Aesop???s Fables ???And When It???s Over/ What Is Love???
    7017 Status Quo ???The Price Of Love/ Little Miss Nothing???
    7018 Rotary Connection ???Memory Band/ Want You To Know???
    7019 Friend And Lover ???Hard Lovin???/ Colorado Exile???
    7020 David Perrett ???Girls, I???ll Always Be In Love/ Soul President???
    7021 Rotary Connection ???Love Me Now/ May Our Amens Be True???
    7022 Joel Vance ???Slippin??? And Slidin???/ Stars Fell On Alabama???
    7023 John Klemmer ???Here Comes The Child/ Soliloquy For Tenor And Voice???
    7024 Salloom and Sinclair ???Sleep/ Animal???
    7025 Craig Holland ???I Wonder/ Good Morning Tomorrow???
    7026 Liv Maessan ???Knock, Knock Who???s There/ Just A Little Lovin???
    7027 (not used)
    7028 (not used)
    7029 Harvey Scales ???(Leave It For) The Trashman/ Electric Robot???
    7030 Harvey Scales ???(Leave It For) The Trashman/ I???ll Run To Your Side???