If I like "Mobb Deep - Infamous" then I might like

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited March 2016 in Music Talk
then I might like "________________________"Please fill in this blank for me. I want to hear more rappings and musics like this.
TAGGED:

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Capone N Noreaga-The War Report
    Big Noyd
    Raekwon-Only Built 4 Cuban Linx

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    then I might like "________________________"

Please fill in this blank for me. I want to hear more rappings and musics like
    this.

Illmatic.

• Dunno, you may dig Papoose has released a slew of cds with Kay Slay. He killed it on Hi-Tek's Where It Started At, K-Salaam's - To The Rescue (beats aren't as hard as Infamous). NY Shit Remix. Haven't heard the Kay Slay cds which he's on, but there would certianly be older grimey s**t on there. Screwball, AZ (new album feat. M.O.P.), Saigon, Blaq Poet, Freddie Foxxx - Industry Shakedown.

Older stuff: Trigger Da Gambler, Smooth Da Hustler, PHD, The Hill That's Real compilation on 4th and Broadway.

None of it is going to sound exactly the same as the infamous, but you see where I'm going.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Capone N Noreaga-The War Report
    Big Noyd
    Raekwon-Only Built 4 Cuban Linx

I haven't heard Big Noyd, but yeah, I definitely dig those other 2. I will now check out big noyd. thanks!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    you might like a whole shitload of albums considering how much of an influence that album had on rap music, including very many albums being released to this date

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Dunno, you may dig Papoose has released a slew of cds with Kay Slay. He killed it on Hi-Tek's Where It Started At, K-Salaam's - To The Rescue (beats aren't as hard as Infamous). NY Shit Remix.

Comedy.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Dunno, you may dig Papoose has released a slew of cds with Kay Slay. He killed it on Hi-Tek's Where It Started At, K-Salaam's - To The Rescue (beats aren't as hard as Infamous). NY Shit Remix.

Comedy.

Is Faux not down with the holy mission to bring New York back?

Comedy.

Is Faux not down with the holy mission to bring New York back?

If New York rappers want to make good music at some point I'll check for it, but I just think this scenario where a dude identifies a classic album, asks for something similar, and is then served a heaping shovelful of a b-list mixtape rapper's excrement is comedy.

• then I might like "________________________"

Please fill in this blank for me. I want to hear more rappings and musics like this.

well, you would not necessarily like any subsequent Mobb Deep albums, that's for sure. none of them have come close to that album.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

Please fill in this blank for me. I want to hear more rappings and musics like this.

well, you would not necessarily like any subsequent Mobb Deep albums, that's for sure. none of them have come close to that album.

Rubbish,"Hell on Earth" is a great follow up.

Screwball - Y2K.
    Screwball - Loyalty.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    What was that track they did for a soundtrack around the same time?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Mobb Deep - Hell On Earth

"Back At You" from the Sunset Park soundtrack.

• @ pony

dunno if you mean "feel my gat blow"

----- +

@ dizzy

if you want more solid mobb tracks, look out for the mobb deep ep with:

last supper
    never gonna let it go
    guns money pussy
    and so on

• LordNOLordNO 202 Posts

Hot Dae and the Dream Team "Best of Queensbridge" Vol.1 tape circa 97

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Diz,

Check out Frankenstein. He's got alot of dope stuff. Tho, most of it is hard to find.

Here's his first single.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

GZA - Liquid Swords

Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers

Kool G Rap - 4, 5, 6 maybe

• Bomb Legacy, shameless promo

http://cdbaby.com/cd/bomblegacy

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    you might like a whole shitload of albums considering how much of an influence that album had on rap music, including very many albums being released to this date

Except that he actually doesn't like rap music

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    if you like "Infamous" I think you will also like:

Mobb Deep "Hell On Earth"
    Big Noyd "Episode of A Hustler"
    Screwball "Y2K"

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

This is a good call. So is Noyd's "Episode of a Hustler"

Thanks for all of the recomendations so far... I'll get my soulseek on this weekend if I have time. Right now I'm dealing with a dead car, almost dead cat, and the busiest work week ever....

Is there any modern rap that resembles Infamous? Besides Fishscale which one of my favrites albums out right now.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Fishscale resembles Infamous!!!?

You are not dealing with a discriminating ear.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    please recommend me albums with rapping on them

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

This is a good call. So is Noyd's "Episode of a Hustler"

4-5-6 is seriously underrated.

Well since the intire early wu-tang canon was offered as a similar product I thought I would mention Fishscale as a new rap vehicle that was highly enjoyable to me.

is there a resemblance? I suppose I could list things that I would consider to be similar, but no, I don't think they "resemble" each other. They both have good (ghostface obviously going way beyond good into the realm of god-like) lyricists, and aesthetically pleasing sample based beats, and what I once would have considered a new-york grittiness that I haven't heard in other modern new york rappings and musics.

But if you dont think they resemble each other then thats fine. Maybe you could list some modern rappings and musics that 'resemble' infamous. its up to you.