Please Dont Forget to say the Baby!

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Did I miss the thread for this before or something?? This shit is practically album of the year! No one is as hot as weezy right now really. Not jay, not nobody. discuss.

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    god damn it im trying to find a picture of the new lil wayne drama tape, but its taking to long.

but yall know what it is.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    god damn it im trying to find a picture of the new lil wayne drama tape, but its taking to long.

but yall know what it is.

Yeah, it's really good.

And if you don't say nothin' else, please say the mothaf**kin' baby!

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Do his raps even rhyme 50% of the time?

Do his raps even rhyme 50% of the time?

yes.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    that shit where he's talking about being the best rapper alive is fucking hilarious

that shit where he's talking about being the best rapper alive is fucking hilarious

I thought he was totally on point with that. And more than that, i believe he probably has a good shot at being the best rapper alive for real right now.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

I thought he was totally on point with that. And more than that, i believe he probably has a good shot at being the best rapper alive for real right now.

I lub me some Wayne, have ever since Clear the Set off of Guerilla Warfare. But Wayne actually being the best rapper alive???

HELL TO THE NAW.

I lub me some Wayne, have ever since Clear the Set off of Guerilla Warfare. But Wayne actually being the best rapper alive???

HELL TO THE NAW.

Im serious, have you heard his new tape? It might change your mind.

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
    link? i had no idea there was a part 2

HELL TO THE NAW.

Haven't heard it yet, and I'm sure I'd really like it. But best rapper alive??? Not even close IMO.

Of course not many around here would agree with my candidates either: Z-Ro & San Quinn.

And also allow me to say that I'm not so sure that Wayne has ever surpassed Juvenile, let alone anyone outside of his one-time crew. In fact, I might still like B.G. better than Wayne.

I mean, I'm all for Wayne blowing up as large as possible. But his tendency to bite Jay-Z on things such as this "best rapper alive" b.s. gets the gasface from this former NOLA resident.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

HELL TO THE NAW.

So, who would you say is better? Currently active rappers only, plaese.

HELL TO THE NAW.

So, who would you say is better? Currently active rappers only, plaese.

For starters, Z-Ro and San Quinn.

HELL TO THE NAW.

Haven't heard it yet, and I'm sure I'd really like it. But best rapper alive??? Not even close IMO.

Of course not many around here would agree with my candidates either: Z-Ro & San Quinn.

And also allow me to say that I'm not so sure that Wayne has ever surpassed Juvenile, let alone anyone outside of his one-time crew. In fact, I might still like B.G. better than Wayne.

I mean, I'm all for Wayne blowing up as large as possible. But his tendency to bite Jay-Z on things such as this "best rapper alive" b.s. gets the gasface from this former NOLA resident.

okay, so you know you are just being silly with that z-ro and san quinn stuff so i wont even get into it about that.

but if you'd check out the new tape, not only does he explain the whole best rapper alive thing, but he also takes it way farther than biting jay-z.

I like b.g. too, and hes probably more street than wayne, but seriously, none of them are as good of a rapper as wayne is.

okay, so you know you are just being silly with that z-ro and san quinn stuff so i wont even get into it about that.

Not silly in the slightest. Both are better rappers than 99% of their peers.

I like b.g. too, and hes probably more street than wayne, but seriously, none of them are as good of a rapper as wayne is.

Quite a compelling argument you got there.

• I was listening to this

last week and was really disappointed. You got a link to this new one?

His recent spat of mixtapes has kind of left me underwhelmed - it just hasn't been living up to the stuff he was doing on the suffix, SQ7 and back.

I was listening to this

His recent spat of mixtapes has kind of left me underwhelmed - it just hasn't been living up to the stuff he was doing on the suffix, SQ7 and back.

Both gangsta grillz tapes are on another level. the rest are just stuff different dj's slap together.

• If I recall correctly, the first dedication was filled with tracks that were available elsewhere.

Regardless, the shit that is slapped together is still composed of recent tracks, which have left me underwhelmed. I'm not talking about the DJ's skills here or the flow of the tape, I'm talking Wayne's lyrics.

This tape might be different, I'd like to hear it. Anyone got a link?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    this new one
    easy-sharing.com/447951/05.21dedication2-tb.rar.html

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    If I recall correctly, the first dedication was filled with tracks that were available elsewhere.

Regardless, the shit that is slapped together is still composed of recent tracks, which have left me underwhelmed. I'm not talking about the DJ's skills here or the flow of the tape, I'm talking Wayne's lyrics.

This tape might be different, I'd like to hear it. Anyone got a link?

i posted the 2 tracks way up there. those are probably the best 2 on the tape. just my opinion though.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    nothing on this shit is fucking with that track with the bun b sample
    that shit is certified S A V A G E
    when that beat switches up it's definitely a : moment

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    ...No one is as hot as weezy right now really...

Baby and Weezy sitting in a tree...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I was listening to this

huh I was really feelin that tape. mad sloppy. like listening to outtakes.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i am mad at his appearances with avant and chris brown.

not saying his verses disappoint but both those songs are annoying as sin and i wish wayne's a&r or whoever had a better taste in current r&b.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    To me, he's easily the best rapper alive and I made a hipster t-shirt to prove it...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I like lil wayne a lot, and haven't had a chance to check his new shit, but best rapper alive right now is obv T.I.

I like B.G.'s new album more than Carter 2.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    This thread makes me want to die.

In the words of one of my favorite record shop owners, "You guys are growing up in a really shitty time period for music."

Why would the best rapper alive have to explain that he is the best rapper alive as you say. i'm not gonna listen to the track again, just explain it. That Georgia Bush thing is dumb. Yes he's on point with a lot of the stuff he's saying but that whole slow down in the middle thing...why? i don't think modern day musicians (in many realms or genres) work nearly as hard as people used to. In my opinion (and i understand thats all it is) this music is garbage.

'Current' trash related.....My girfriend played "Cherchez La Ghost" in her car the other day and we timed it...there is a total of :27 seconds of rapping on that song...and there's TWO VERSES. Not to mention Ghost was using that verse as a freestyle for like 3 years before ...Clientele. Seriously, i am so tired of hip-hop stars right now and kind of mad that this music is inspiring a young generation to grow up and make shittier music. i'm sure some agree, i'm sure many disagree. That's where i'm at. Yes, doggie, i'm mad.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    you dont like rap music

• This thread makes me want to die.

In the words of one of my favorite record shop owners, "You guys are growing up in a really shitty time period for music."

Why would the best rapper alive have to explain that he is the best rapper alive as you say. i'm not gonna listen to the track again, just explain it. That Georgia Bush thing is dumb. Yes he's on point with a lot of the stuff he's saying but that whole slow down in the middle thing...why? i don't think modern day musicians (in many realms or genres) work nearly as hard as people used to. In my opinion (and i understand thats all it is) this music is garbage.

'Current' trash related.....My girfriend played "Cherchez La Ghost" in her car the other day and we timed it...there is a total of :27 seconds of rapping on that song...and there's TWO VERSES. Not to mention Ghost was using that verse as a freestyle for like 3 years before ...Clientele. Seriously, i am so tired of hip-hop stars right now and kind of mad that this music is inspiring a young generation to grow up and make shittier music. i'm sure some agree, i'm sure many disagree. That's where i'm at. Yes, doggie, i'm mad.

I'd say Wayne works pretty damn hard. In the middle of going to college, dude finds enough time to drop countless mixtapes filled with quality material and a full length (if not 2 - I can't remember the timeline here). Even if you don't like Wayne, don't act like his rhymes aren't thoughtful. That shit takes time, thought and, yes, work.

If it doesn't take time, thought and work to do what Wayne does than fuck, dude is a genius. If he comes off the top like that than he's a whole 'nother kind of beast.

That being said, Georgia Brown isn't stellar. Sure, it's great that Wayne is going at Bush and I understand the 'we love it when rappers use their powers for good' thing, but there are a grip of tracks on there that are much better.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    you dont like rap music

Yes i do. i don't like bad music.

Could you post or PM some Lil' Wayne lyrics that might change my mind? i really don't care for his style or the beats, but that hasn't stopped me from being really into rappers lyrics before. It's great that he's doing the college thing and owns a helicopter or whatever, but i don't think that has any relevency on what i'm saying. i feel like hip-hop, the craft of making this music, is too easy for people now, especially established artists. There were days where artists really had to prove themselves to be anything more than heavily loved in the underground and now people come out rapping about all their money and cars on their first single? i guess it's just the way times change, but it seems like there is so much more gimmick in rap music now and i hear disappointing beat after disappointing beat. A decade ago, maybe a hair more than that things were a lot different than they are now...you can't expect things not to change. I personally feel like, compartively, a lot of the stuff that comes out now is laughable.