Jesus Wed. -- Very Good Gospel Records

Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
edited November 2015 in Record Collecting
Hopefully I get this in before the five oclock freakout. I think this is very good. I prefer the gospel that is closer to soul, four part male harmonies especially. I've only got about fifty gospel records totall, and most of them stink. Whats very good?

Comments

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Damn. I thought this was my secret. Such a great-sounding album from start to finish.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    Hopefully I get this in before the five oclock freakout, (ie self fullfilling prophecy.)

not!

erewon, yeah I love that album. "lord of heaven lord of my life"

• Some major label heat.

• Some Memphis Heat.

Finally, the mother of all mothers...

• I'll take doubles of any of those that you got.

and any more dollar bin moder as well

one poit of contention. Were you really feeling that stars of black nativity? I gave it a couple listens recently and I think I'm feeling it might be better on Ebay than in my collection

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    Damn. I thought this was my secret. Such a great-sounding album from start to finish.

No secret, that one

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

No secret, that one

G**g,

My PM's have been permanently disabled (no joke) hit me on the cell when you get a chance

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    G**g,

My PM's have been permanently disabled (no joke) hit me on the cell when you get a chance

Are you around tomorrow daytime? I call you then, yes?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

"Christian Automobile" on this one is the shit.....

• one poit of contention. Were you really feeling that stars of black nativity? I gave it a couple listens recently and I think I'm feeling it might be better on Ebay than in my collection

I'll admit this is a "one tracker." This was breifly discussed with William's son.
    Check out "God Is Here" one more time.

• "Christian Automobile" on this one is the shit.....

Every song on this record is the shit. Holy shit.

• Listen to some Lula rat here... http://www.myspace.com/lulacollins

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Y'all slept.

On what? The record?

It is a chill record. It's not really worth anything though... at "sleeping"

• 99crates99crates 42 Posts

For a straight ahead gospel album, I think it's a really good record, especially the title track. Didn't think I'd be able to grab it for so cheap because it's folkways and doesn't turn up much (on the 'bay anyway).

For a straight ahead gospel album, I think it's a really good record, especially the title track. Didn't think I'd be able to grab it for so cheap because it's folkways and doesn't turn up much (on the 'bay anyway).

Word. the first time I found it I was hyped, and then of course I kept seeing it everywhere.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

By the way, I'd like to check that Voices-Supreme if anyone has one.

The Voices have a few good records on Glori - fyi.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i once smoked some weed called "jesus weed" with a soulstrut dude and his friend with the handicap hand. i thought this was about that.

• I've been out bid by Lula Collins before. I think I know who "he" is.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    i once smoked some weed called "jesus weed" with a soulstrut dude and his friend with the handicap hand. i thought this was about that.

hahaha... im sorry to bring this thread back up but ive been laughing my ass off at this for five minutes.

your cousins(?) view from her roof was BEYOND dope. one of the best views from inside the city i have ever had the pleasure of seeing. smallest apt ever for the price though...

hahaha... im sorry to bring this thread back up but ive been laughing my ass off at this for five minutes.

your cousins(?) view from her roof was BEYOND dope. one of the best views from inside the city i have ever had the pleasure of seeing. smallest apt ever for the price though...

haha! i was expecting some more gospel joints from you. funny though, i dont remember the dudes name only that he had a gimpy manclaw hand.

views from the old spot

in and around chinatown

i miss you bay area

haha! i was expecting some more gospel joints from you. funny though, i dont remember the dudes name only that he had a gimpy manclaw hand.

naw... ive exposed and talked too much about gospel here already. its time for the rookies to show off their finds. fill ten boxes and then holler at me.

gurp... i have other stuff by him but not that. whats it like? his others are cool but eh.

naw... ive exposed and talked too much about gospel here already. its time for the rookies to show off their finds. fill ten boxes and then holler at me.

well la-ti-da.

anyone ever hear of los redimidos? mexican xian jazz lounge private press out of san jo? this be ungoogle-able

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

The Voices have a few good records on Glori - fyi.

Is Glori a solid label?? I saw something not too long ago on it that I meant to check back on cuz I remembered the name...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Anyone have a rip of this album?