10 MOST EXPENSIVE JAZZFUNK LP's

13»

Comments

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    All the best records are under 75 bucks. Yet everybody still chases the same 20 titles that they know bout since they've been reished. Sigh...

are you sayin the best records haven't been reissued?

if the reissue vinyl sounds like the Energy Control Center re wax then fuck it!

• jazzfunk lps does not catch the same prices as psych or 45's, still i would think the 10 most costly would be in the vicinity $1000 ?

I would only list 2 LPs as Jazz-Funk over 1000$ (in Mint condition), where they could also be said to be more like Soul-Jazz/Funky-Jazz than Jazz-Funk. 1. Wooden Glass: Live 2. Roy Porter: Jessica.

Jessica? really? the one with the yellow cover and motocross theme? anybody second this price? cuz I pulled a minty one for i think $55 like 1 or 2 years ago, at a shop even... I cant beleive its worth more than like $100???

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts

horsel WHAT ??? swedish... more info pleeease!

Actually, it's H??rselmat. H??rsel means hearing, mat means food. Food for your ears, geddit? I do believe a certain notourios Finlander on this board owns this album, sadly, I've never seen or heard it. There are later albums with that name (think it's a sort of Swedish jazzfunk supergroup with dudes like Janne Schaffer) too, so don't shit your pants if you find an 80s record called H??rselmat. But I have to say, unless every musician on that album surpassed themselves and made their lives' performance, I sincerely doubt it's worth dropping loot over for any other reason that it's (like 500 pressed, given out at shows, if I'm not mistaken).

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Actually, it's H??rselmat. H??rsel means hearing, mat means food. Food for your ears, geddit? I do believe a certain notourios Finlander on this board owns this album, sadly, I've never seen or heard it. There are later albums with that name (think it's a sort of Swedish jazzfunk supergroup with dudes like Janne Schaffer) too, so don't shit your pants if you find an 80s record called H??rselmat. But I have to say, unless every musician on that album surpassed themselves and made their lives' performance, I sincerely doubt it's worth dropping loot over for any other reason that it's (like 500 pressed, given out at shows, if I'm not mistaken).
    i listend to some clips. nice, but not that nice. if you know what i mean

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Some you can easily pay over $500.00:
    Stark Reality
    Cult

I sold a VG+ 1st issue Cult for 200 euros a couple of years ago and didn't regret it. Tepid funk, I'd say.

Is there a SS consensus over the meaning of "jazzfunk"? In the UK it's used to describe the late 1970's fusion sound of James Mason, Azymuth and such. In the US it seems to be more like early 70's Crusaders and Donald Byrd.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

thanks for the translation, i thought i saw those to ?? dots, and yeah ive seen acouple swedish things go a little high, like the BitchMilk recond which imo is not all that amazing...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

I sold a VG+ 1st issue Cult for 200 euros a couple of years ago and didn't regret it. Tepid funk, I'd say.

I love that record. 200 Euros? I'd tap.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    ive seen acouple swedish things go a little high, like the BitchMilk recond which imo is not all that amazing...

True, the break track from that is like some second rate headhunters. I think some people are like THEY MADE FUNKY MUSIC IN SWEDEN??? and think it's crazy obscure and dope. I think BJ Lindhs "Fr??n storstad till grodspad" is pretty dope though. But that's more in the H??xmj??lk range, not crazy expensiveraer like H??rselmat.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    I think BJ Lindhs "Fr??n storstad till grodspad" is pretty dope though. But that's more in the H??xmj??lk range, not crazy expensiveraer like H??rselmat.

That seems to be an unknown record to most. IMO his best.