BWANA VS. BOOGALOO COMBO / DIFFRENCE ???

HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Can someone explain me the diffrence between this two records. ??? Cover 1 Cover 2 If someone wants to buy the second one search the auction# 4811369253The seller got two other records of The Boogaloo Combo too. PeaceHawkeye

Comments

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    Alter, da kriegst Du wieder keine antwort drauf. Ist schon 100mal diskutiert. die obere ist ne Latin Rock scheibe, die untere aus brasilia. haben nix miteinander zu tun. Ich hab die obere.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    same cover... different music! if you like funky rock on the santana tip grab the bwana lp. open drums on both for those who care. boogaloo is better imo... cover of "hot pants road" if im not mistaken.

• Alter, da kriegst Du wieder keine antwort drauf. Ist schon 100mal diskutiert. die obere ist ne Latin Rock scheibe, die untere aus brasilia. haben nix miteinander zu tun. Ich hab die obere.

Ich habe keine deutche eksamen k??nnen sie bitte in english geschreibe?

• Entschuldige mein Freund, das n??chstemal schicke ich die fragen erst an dich.

Hoffe du hattest akzeptable Weihnachten, insofern so etwas ??berhaupt m??glich ist wenn man kein Einsielder ist.

Wegen den Harten Schl??gern reden wir nochmal, Kosengeo. Was ist mit meinen restlichen Ideen ???

Gruezi
    Hawkeye

• quote:Ich habe keine deutche eksamen k??nnen sie bitte in english geschreibe?

No

• You can catch a sound clip of Bwana at turntablelab.com

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    the bwana is doo doo

the boogaloo combo is decent, not outstanding or anything. The "hot pants road" cover is fire though, albeit the rest of the album is not on the same level.

• The boogaloo combo has pretty soft cover of hot pants road, coveted presumably because it is from a far off land = exotic and novel. Also very over-rated in my book.

I agree. Trade a lot for it, and was pretty deceived, totally overated record. Even the famous "Hot Pants Road" cover is soft, can't manage to use it on mix.

Definitly not a 150$ record anyway.

• Options
    I'm with Francis (as usual) - both are ass. $50 records if you ask me.

K.

• First of all thank you for the answers, you proved Olski wrong, he said there would be no answres to my question.

Someone asked he dont know why the Bwana joint is so hyped. If I remeber it right there was a one page critic in one of the early Waxpoetics issue. I think that was the reason for the bootlegers to do a "re-issue" and the rest is 150$ history.

Guten Rutsch into 2006
    Hawkeye

• Weird thing is I recently passed on a record with exactly that same dude with the bongo and same font. That was a disco/salsa record from I think 1988. I even think the record was titled Bwana... That's a bit too much coincidence. Probably had a different record in the sleeve without me noticing it?

• dissenting voice:
    i like bwana

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts

• youre serious? 3rd of january is a thuesday???

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Bwana image = a little Sambo-ish, no?