"wendy and bonny--genesis" on skye

GNZGNZ 68 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Recently aquired this, figured people here would have more info on this great great album....produced by vibrophonist gary mcfarland??? larry carlton on guitar??really DOESN'T sound like anything else I've heard on skye (solar heat, windmills of the mind, mcfarland albums)endless pathway and since you've been gone still sound fresh today

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    paisely window pane

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i need to hear this

• still need this.
    get at me on a trade.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    still need this.
    get at me on a trade.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    A great record.

• Recently aquired this, figured people here would have more info on this great great album....

as far as i know wendy and bonnie were the daughters of gary mcfarlands friends who while visiting with mcfarland,they sang for him, he was impressed and decided to record and album with them

in my opinion the album is kinda lame, but i have to point out that iam not a belle and sebastian fan

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    if anyone wants it via PM, lemme know... i found the cd for pretty cheap a while back.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

in my opinion the album is kinda lame, but i have to point out that iam not a belle and sebastian fan

nor am i.

nothing soft about this record.

great record IMO. and a very unique sound.

happy thankgsiving. for those that celebrate go eat and stop talking about records.

now i'll take my own advice.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    that's funny --
    i was just listening to th lp earlier (a couple of hours ago).
    after that, i listened to gabor szabo's 'dreams' -- also on skye.
    both solid records.

• GNZGNZ 68 Posts
    Recently aquired this, figured people here would have more info on this great great album....

as far as i know wendy and bonnie were the daughters of gary mcfarlands friends who while visiting with mcfarland,they sang for him, he was impressed and decided to record and album with them

Interesting, thanks.

I don't know what this has to do w/belle+sebastian though....I've never heard drums as hard as "since you've been gone" on a b+s album...

though I must admit I dug Tigermilk.

this is a such a perfect album for the almost wintertime (aka right now)

• slushslush 691 Posts
    there is a dude on here who was talking about a wendie and bonnie movie. I believe it was Beardedd... i would love to know more about that...

the reissue of genesis on cd has these real raw extra tracks. this one "cover your child" is beautiufl

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    yeah man. the reissue is great.. those bonus tracks and demos are fucking nice. the album itself is pretty much one of my favorite records of the 60s.

• BeardedD knows everything about this record.