Disco (soul/funk) records you’re feelin

Comments

• i have the original Exodus "together forever"...one of my fave records!

i am good friends with jeremey at alldisco...i played the first alldisco and one of the later ones. i'm dj duckcomb on there.

• Known Jeremy since the San Francisco days. I've DJ'ed ALLDISCO a couple times since living in Philly with the short bus ride and all. Jeremy came out and played at my night in Detroit a few times until I moved...

What did you spend on that Exodus?

• $5...it's really tough to catch even in nyc. i know one other person here with a copy...he got his for $15-20 from A-1...guess they didn't know it.

there's another track on the label from the same producers called MLS "extra careful" that's pretty dope...a female vocal funk/boogie cut with a sweet-soul/northern feel that has dope drum and bass breaks. i sold my copy but i recorded it and have been working on an edit of it.

• mp3s of both songs?

• hmm...that might take some maneuvering but i'll see what i can do. you've never heard the Exodus?

• yo, i am not sure we know each other, but I also got a copy of exdous 12" in A-1. Could it be that we know each other?
    amir

• Amir from Philly via Detroit via Bosnia?

• from kon and amir..from nyc via boston.

• hahaha Adelfi just got straight up

• I don't get how...

• yo, i wasn't trying to son you. i was just answering your question. i know ahmir from the roots crew as well. perhaps we have met before. don't know but i didn't mean anything by answering your question.
    amir

• cause you totally thought that was a different dude named amir, and it wasnt so you were all "oh shit wrong dude" and he was all like i dont even know this dude...

totally

• 3rdstream, why are you even posting in this thread? Shouldn't you be in the "I'm looking for whatever records Giles Peterson plays" thread?

• 3rdstream, why are you even posting in this thread? Shouldn't you be in the "I'm looking for whatever records Giles Peterson plays" thread?

BAN

• OH!! Did I touch a nerve? It's ok... You could replce "Giles" with Larry Levan and apply it to me... See? There, I sonned myself...

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    This thread is so disco right now...

Hey, anyone got a spare copy of the T-Motion Group 12" with Love Light on it? I've been after that one for a minute. Word, back to the sonning.

DJ Ferrari

• ^^^THIS GUY BUYS REPRESSES^^^[/b]

• sho do... and?

• And if I remember correctly, I bought a lot off of you!

• And if I remember correctly, I bought a lot off of you!

you paid to much

• a different person that i know got that 12" at A-1, his name is Ben. don't know you amir! how much did they charge you for it?

• Not as much as that busted up London 4 record you just bought!

• Yeah, getting back to the actual subject I'm curious to know what you paid as well

• i got it for for 20 bucks.

• $20 is good on a solid $100 record! do you prefer the dub side when it kicks in?

• Not as much as that busted up Tantra record you bought off me!

• Tantra "hills of killimanjaro" is pretty dope...i have it on a uniwave 12" as a remix which is very nice. the track "mother africa" was a big levan/garage track.

• Nice try, you know that thing was mint and if my memory serves me correctly I paid way less then what I SOLD IT FOR!! Well, not really... Still have it.

• dub side is the shit def., but i like the others side too. also i got a nice copy of the orginal ashford and simpson promo 12"-One More Try out of A-1 for 5 bucks. That shit is expensive..i heard it goes 400 or 500.
    amir