DISCUSS.....

iron_monkeyiron_monkey 985 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
country rock bonus::::

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

country rock bonus::::

we'd prefer if you'd refer to us a boogie rock. Thanks.

• 1. who?
    2. awesome
    3. boobies
    4. who?
    5. awesome

• all those records are the motherfucking shit.

but fuck zz top.

• what you know about cheap sunglasses and La Grange... heat for days.

• I keep seeing/hearing/reading about The Slits record. What does it sound like?

• a guitar string sawing through your tongue and angels of mud sucking the blood out

• Every time I hear cheap sun glasses on the radio I try and remind myself to get doubles of that shit, but everytime I remember to look the local spot doesnt have it. I know its mad common, but I never seem to come across it. Its a dope track though.

• a guitar string sawing through your tongue and angels of mud sucking the blood out

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Every time I hear cheap sun glasses on the radio I try and remind myself to get doubles of that shit, but everytime I remember to look the local spot doesnt have it. I know its mad common, but I never seem to come across it. Its a dope track though.

i got doubles of that shit from my dad....and i thought he had a shitty record collection!

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I keep seeing/hearing/reading about The Slits record. What does it sound like?

well, the cover is actually a pretty true representation of the record

raw and grimey, but not stinky
    wacky, but a little scary
    sexy, but a little confusing
    political, but what are they really saying?
    tomboy, but all woman

and a Rastafarian german lead singer
    and a drummer who became born-again

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    all those records are the motherfucking shit.

but fuck zz top.

• Great album. I just picked up "Deguello" at a street fair and remembered why I loved them so much back in the day. That track "Manic Mechanic" has some crazy beats. I would rock the "ZZ Top 6-Pack" (box set of the first 6 albums) all the time, and Billy Gibbons had a huge influence on me as a guitarist.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

but I have always loved zz top.[/b]

• Every time I hear cheap sun glasses on the radio I try and remind myself to get doubles of that shit, but everytime I remember to look the local spot doesnt have it. I know its mad common, but I never seem to come across it. Its a dope track though.

i got doubles of that shit from my dad....and i thought he had a shitty record collection!

I dunno about your dad's record collection but your avatar is killing it.

• Trivia - They Got their name from

and

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    Trivia - They Got their name from

and

Man, you learn something new every day. After all these years, I'm surprised I've never wondered where ZZ Top got their name.

And fronting on "Cheap Sunglasses" =

• I keep seeing/hearing/reading about The Slits record. What does it sound like?

tomboy, but all woman

thank you, ma'am

• all those records are the motherfucking shit.

but I have always loved EARLY zz top.[/b]

• wow 1-4 are seriously some of my favorite albums evar

Y is such an excellent album. i wish that were more bands these days influenced by the Pop Group and less Gang of Four. the cut up style is so awesome especially on We Are Time, that song gives me goosebumps & i never get tired of hearing it. they are so aggro and confrontational but they are really funky at the same time.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

One of the HARDEST break beats known to man.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

tomboy, but all woman

yes.

Bought a copy 3 weeks ago, and still havent filed it away. Shit is on constant

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

tomboy, but all woman

thank you, ma'am

my pleasure, sir.

• Great album. I just picked up "Deguello" at a street fair and remembered why I loved them so much back in the day. That track "Manic Mechanic" has some crazy beats. I would rock the "ZZ Top 6-Pack" (box set of the first 6 albums) all the time, and Billy Gibbons had a huge influence on me as a guitarist.

Oh hell yeah. What's that song you were playing off this..? it was like ZZ Top doing afrobeat. Unexpectedly dope.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

but I have always loved EARLY zz top.[/b]

I even dig alte ZZTop(they did a 13th Floor Elevators song on that tribute to Roky LP.....best song on the damn thing, untoppable)

but to correct, I actually don't care for any of those other records.
    Sue me.

• http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002KJU.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg[/img]
    I would rock the "ZZ Top 6-Pack" (box set of the first 6 albums) all the time, and Billy Gibbons had a huge influence on me as a guitarist.

Shit, that 'six-pack' had ALL the drums redone and compressed = sounds shitty. I think they got remastered in the early days of digital.

'ZZ Top's First Album' is a great one IMO.

Didn't ZZ TOp have a tour where they had cattle and rattlesnakes roaming around the stage while they played? Sounds hilarious yet

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

Y is such an excellent album. i wish that were more bands these days influenced by the Pop Group and less Gang of Four.

i disagree .. i think most of the bands people say sound like gang of four - Radio 4 and Moving Units in particular sound WAY more like the pop group than GO4. Gang of Four never did anything Reggae / Dub.

• i haven't heard of moving units, but i agree about Radio 4 sounding more like the pop group. i am talking about these new new groups like the long blondes and a lot of these bay area rock groups are totally on gang of four's jock. gang of four may not have had the dub reggae influence like the pop group but they were also funky. i don't hear too many new bands that have the dubby spastic cutup style of pop group (except this oakland band Death of a Party) and that's what i wish there was more of instead of just the angular guitar funk that gang of four is popular for.

• Billy Gibson had monster riffs. The first three albums are tits!