Post a pic of your favourite record store!!!

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Oh yeah I like this spot as well.

• but what about the Wiz?

Back in the 80's the wiz on 3rd ave in the Bronx had crazy wax.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• LAUSD special interest stockhouse & some dino's 4 buck chicken plate in the BLQ

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    down the street from my house

• SPIT thrift store in Leuven, Belgium:

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

zing?

• not my favorite, but in my top ten

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    grab that bing crosby heat yo!

• grab that Olivia Newton John heat yo!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

lol hard off? is that the oposite of hard ON? what type of place is that? looks like circuit city except with records

• lol hard off? is that the oposite of hard ON? what type of place is that? looks like circuit city except with records

Hard Off got everything man... They are a chain of recycle shops all over Japan. I got 5 in my area, and I check 'em all weekly. They got some priced records, and records on the wall... Shit like 10$ for a Barry Manilow joint. I don't fuck with that. Hard Off has junk corner, and they usually have bins upon bins of records, usually for 1$, sometimes 3$. Often, you'll see a record on the wall for 10$, and they have ten of the same record for a dollar in the junk section. I think the fuckers just get really lazy... and/or don't have a clue about pricey records.

Anyhow, lots of gems to be found on the Japan Raer tip... but not just Japanese records. If you go to Japan, don't bother with Book Off, you'd think they carry records, but they do not. Same with House Off... though some Hard-Offs are joint with a House Off.

Oh yeah, and the name is funny. No way to hear Hard-Off, without thinking of Hard-On. Think it means like Hard as in non-clothing type of shit... Hard-lines, or Hard-wares...

Peace...

FNM

• Hard as f**k.

It's also a play on words (welcome home), okaeri nasai -- okaeri can be "to come home" or "to exchange", depending on the kanji spelling.

• Some pics from Puerto Rico:

Above is the hardware store in Santurce. The dude actually gave us surgical masks to wear while my gf and I dug. She saw a huge rat and got the f*** outta there and got a pina colada in a coconut while I finished up.

• Jesus.

• Heard this spot closed. I lived in London from 96-97
    This was my fucking spot.. Met Soul Brother #1 Pete Rock there.
    End of a fucking era, DAMN!

~Crates

• Options

Val don't got HEy Joyce??!!

K.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Would you like help taking your records to the car?

• Would you like help taking your records to the car?

They are doing janken for it.

"Saishou guu, janken pon!"

that dudes pullin HEAT!

your record store looked HELLA dope, sorry to hear its gone now

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    that dudes pullin HEAT!

your record store looked HELLA dope, sorry to hear its gone now

Thats DJ Serious. That pic was done for some paper article.

Thx... I'm now starting to miss it big time. I've come across a few crazy ass collections the last months. Could have been fun to drop in there and play "Record shop owner" again...

• Options
    He needs a bigger store, no? Although his rent there is next to nothing.

K.

He needs a bigger store, no?

K.

Yeah, no doubt... Too bad rent on that street is crazy. Not that he doesn't make $$$ tho...

• Options
    He needs a bigger store, no?

K.

Yeah, no doubt... Too bad rent on that street is crazy. Not that he doesn't make $$$ tho...

B,

Go ask him what he pays there, I dare you. He has the cheapest rent fo' sure.

K.

I know what he pays... It's pretty damn cheap. But I meant if he was to look for something bigger... On that street... Both it and Yonge are nutz on rent.