TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Looking like Real - Pool.  And the Spuds did Real with no drama, legit.

I'd have a punt on Red but having lost the last bet I made in the Grand National on a photo finish (I had a tenner on it to win at 43-1), I'll not jinx them.

The Oxfam Chamberpot doe... Will they miss him?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I may have been slightly over confident on my analysis of Liverpool walking the final.

I'm beginning to fear it may be another dispiriting grind to a victory by Real. 
    Duderonomy

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Both finalists played their respective semis like they didn’t want to be in the final.

Yeah it did feel a bit like that.

On the plus side, I think it's been a long time since there's been such an overwhelmingly entertaining Champions League, Hoping it bodes well for the world cup and we won't be witnessing any more games like the Italy v Sweden match from the last Euros.

Or England vs Algeria at the S.Africa WC. Officially the worst game I’ve ever watched, it drained my will to live and made me (more) embarrassed to be supporting England.
    Junior

RE: Liverpool, one bit of newspaper gossip that got my attention is that Klopp's assistant Zeljko Buvac - apparently "the brains" of the operation - left Liverpool amid rumours he's been offered the Arsenal job.
    Firstly, would be a pity if this derails Liverpool's champions league efforts as I've loved watching them this season, secondly, it wouldn't be the first time a pre-final poaching has fucked Klopp (Goatze signed to Bayern the week before a cup final against Bayern IIRC?), but thirdly, if Buvac can get Arsenal playing anything like Liverpool have this season, I will be most chuffed.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    That’s probably the most West Brom goal we’ll ever see in our lifetimes. 
    Junior

RE: Liverpool, one bit of newspaper gossip that got my attention is that Klopp's assistant Zeljko Buvac - apparently "the brains" of the operation - left Liverpool amid rumours he's been offered the Arsenal job.
    Firstly, would be a pity if this derails Liverpool's champions league efforts as I've loved watching them this season, secondly, it wouldn't be the first time a pre-final poaching has fucked Klopp (Goatze signed to Bayern the week before a cup final against Bayern IIRC?), but thirdly, if Buvac can get Arsenal playing anything like Liverpool have this season, I will be most chuffed.

Yeah Bayern bought Götze before Dortmund's second semi final leg against Real (though he then managed to injure himself before the final) I'll always remember that BVB Vs Bayern final as the moment when money > everything in football was set in stone.

Bayern also picked up Lewandowski from Dortmund that summer as well.

It would be a real real shame if Klopp's final plans got derailed once again. That man really is a curse when it comes to these matches.

Curse VINDICATED.

DuderonomyJunior

So, are there any actual Brits on here who still live in the UK (J*m) and can breakdown what is happening to Maybot and all that right now? I took my eyes off the UK news for a few days and it appears it's all gone Banglash.

Just seen that, after trying and failing to be sacked around 50 times in the last six months, Boris "Cunt" Johnson has finally resigned so that means pretty much all the hard leavers jumping the sinking ship?

Duderonomy

My tldr take on it is:
    Once the good ship UK hit the Brexitberg, the only way is down. Wiser heads distanced themselves from the helm, starting with Dave himself. The other deluded cretins started squabbling over the captain's hat, until the point where the water is really coming in (now), at which point the flight is on for the lifeboats.

May going down with it, still in denial.

You are looking safe in Germany.  If I had any money, I'd be in Spain in a fucking cave.

Junior

Jimster said:
    You are looking safe in Germany. 

Hmm, yeah not so sure about that sadly. Our currency is one more hiccup from going bellyup - it's only the concerted efforts of other non-Euro countries to fuck up worse that is keeping us looking healthy. The biggest bank is also in a desperate race to prove whether it really is too big to fail and the country's main industry is approaching redundacy.

On the plus side, the weather is lovely at the moment.

Sorry to hear it's getting shittier and shittier though - if I had the money I would have moved to some fairweather island a couple of years ago and sat this one out. Maybe set up a commune there or something.

Junior said:
    Jimster said:
    You are looking safe in Germany. 

Hmm, yeah not so sure about that sadly. .. On the plus side, the weather is lovely at the moment.

And you've got the World C... Oh...

Junior

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Is there a fantasy league this year?

Yeah, I'm on holiday on a fucking boat so haven't picked a squad. I suspect that is enough to doom me already.  Same code as last year. I'll find it in a bit. You are automatically entered if you were in last year.

DuderonomyDOR

• looks shit, you must be hating it
    DuderonomyDORJimster

DOR said:
    Is there a fantasy league this year?

Code to join this league: 553105-118712

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/

This is Jason Denayer:
    See the source image

This team name made me laugh:

Duderonomy

LOL, oh dear.

Yeah, but I was just thinking that if I wore that shirt in Spain it could start fights  

Not in Barca, surely?  I thought they would be patting man on the back etc.  

It’s the frontline though. All of the Catalans will be loving it, but there’s also cunts looking for an excuse to salute Franco right in your face.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    a few years ago I saw some douchebag in the São Paulo subway wearing a t-shirt that said ANTI-ANTIFA on it along with symbols from Brazilian nationalist groups from the 1930s.

Jimster

• For years I thought this was puzzling, anytime somebody said something bad about "antifa", like, who doesn't like being against fascism? WTF? But (if you can stand to) join a few facebook groups with names like "Arrest Obama For Treason Now" and stuff, and read/watch Fox, and you'll get the picture of what kind of nuts roughly 35% of the population, at least in the States, is.

Basically, old people in the US have been taught by rote for 30 years by cable news and since 2016 or so the concept of "antifa" basically means "masked minority youths roving the streets for old white ladies to kill in every suburb in America and the cops won't do shit because the mayor is a Democrat".

Anyway that's a coolass shirt. Might get one, as an adopted Londoner. I'll hand it to Europe that at least the second world war is still generally remembered as a fight against fascism. I kind of think Americans view it as a cool setting for movies and videogames, or the biggest check-mark in the tally of all the wars "we" have won - and by "we" I mean "other people, mostly dead now".
    JimsterDuderonomy

Looks like Arsenal are finally clicking.  Good too see.
    And Un*ted imploding?  Also good to see.  

I just don’t have the time to follow footy anymore; Brexit makes for a far more entertaining car-crash.
    This popped up on my twitter feed, supposedly reliable, but could just be another conspiracy dreamt up by Putin-bots: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1046828583484821504.html

Yesterday was the most fun I’ve had from politics since Maggie resigned.

The rage of the gammons as the lies which won the referendum have been exposed and reality has come crashing down on them has been beautiful, poetic hilarity.

Yesteday it seemed like every time I checked my phone, there was another resignation.