Does anyone know this original one?
sounds like 1970 or motown stuff 

start at 2:37

Comments

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    obligatory
    Duderonomy

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Does everyone in London (+Kent/Essex) under the age of 30 talk like they’re auditioning for a low-budget Guy Richie film, or are there some normal “bruvs” out there too?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    That was harsh... some good beats but I don’t recognise any of the samples.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Does everyone in London (+Kent/Essex) under the age of 30 talk like they’re auditioning for a low-budget Guy Richie film, or are there some normal “bruvs” out there too?

I blame the one DYER.  

There are awways sammadem 'oo-rays wot tawk pwopper, guv.

Rest is all mandems is it.  Blame CHIZZLE / BEATNICK and dem, fam.  Bun dem.

• I blame the one KERSAL MASSIVE  

The vocals at 2:37 sound like maybe pieces of the same shit the Avalanches used on "Frontier Psychiatrist"--Enoch Light? Ray somebody? I forget.

Kersal. Happy days. 

Reminds me of when 808 State used to have a phone-in radio show on Sunset FM.  Obviously - given the nature of the audience - callers were pre-warned not to use obscene or inflammatory language, which must have reduced the eligible callers down to convention-in-a-phone-box numbers, but you'd always get at least one who managed to sneak in "KEEP NECKING DEM EEEEEEEEZ----" (in best Kersal accent) at the end of the dialogue before they got cut off.

"Frontier Psychiatrist" is a good shout.

• Jimster said:

you'd always get at least one who managed to sneak in "KEEP NECKING DEM EEEEEEEEZ----" (in best Kersal accent) at the end of the dialogue before they got cut off.

Haha. This reminds me of when the whole Madchester shit hit--I was living in semi-rural South Carolina, and there was this nearby college radio DJ who, despite having been a total hayseed the month before, had obviously gone all-in on this Brand New Sound From Engerland, and would with great fanfare put on some Candy Flip-type bullshit, reverentially let it play out, then, in an unholy slumgullion of UK slang and Southern US accent, solemnly intone: "Sawrted." 

Also the harmonies got me all reminded of this, which I think is timeless and kinda magical.  Lyrics by a fourteen year old Pope John Paul II :

Duderonomy