Favourite Boiler Room set?

DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
While the visual spectacle is frequently cringe-inducing, there's been some great mixing on these. Just stumbled on this one by Mr Thing:

He's fucking great. Selection, mixing, doubling, scratching, all so well done.
para11ax
TAGGED:

Comments

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Ooh, I'm interested in this topic.  Not sure I can contribute - have only watched bits here an there. 

I'll agree that the visuals are boooooring; much prefer the zaniness of Just Jam sessions

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    foeketan

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    You seen the new "yacht rock" comp on Numero, Raj?

http://www.numerogroup.com/products/w2ng-899fm

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts
    While the visual spectacle is frequently cringe-inducing, there's been some great mixing on these. Just stumbled on this one by Mr Thing:

He's fucking great. Selection, mixing, doubling, scratching, all so well done.

Ha! I love that you tagged Anklepants, which is easily thee worst Boiler Room ever. Mr. Thing is dope. I also really liked Romare’s set, which really starts at the 4:00 mark https://youtu.be/JNtSoT1YTWk

Worst evah? Why you gotta do yourself like that?

Checking the Romare now.
    para11ax

• foefoe turo de la peira 196 Posts
    it's not the best one, but not knowing the artist at all before, this sessions has won me over:

Unkwon Boiler Room LIVE Show at STRØM

excellent for rainy mornings at work.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Kaytranada's crowd was pretty rough. 

para11ax

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts
    LOL!

• spcspc 534 Posts
    Gerd Janson & Prins Thomas:

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I had to really think about this one, because I've only seen so many Boiler Room sets. There's lots of talent on there, and it's hard to mentally go back and remember which ones were really fun. Then today at work I remembered this great Adrian Younge dj set. Yeah, so he's dressed like Thurston Howell III while djing in the heat of the Palm Desert. Yeah, and so what he's playing lots of common records that most of us already own. Yeah, and so maybe I'm a little biased, because I've spun with him once before in Las Vegas. Yeah, and so what if he's hard needle dropping these records and there's a couple of flaws. IDGAF

His musical selection is on point. He's spinning his personal vinyl. He's just vibing, and playing cuts from his private mind garden. This is the kind of DJ set any respectable SoulStrutter should get behind. Fists held high in solidarity. 

PS, If you can't get with any of these tracks you're a straight up bitch. Sorry you had to find out this way. 

- spidey
    billbradley

• That Adrian Younge just played while I was making dinner and I couldn't think of a better accompaniment. Good call Spidey.

Great selection from Yung Adrian, but somebody buy the dude new needles!

• A couple favorites

I liked the DJ Museum Of Modern Art set, but it looked like a Dolce & Gabbana commercial - tres cool.