Frightnrs vs. Axelrod

SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

Remember the good old days guys when we used to share music here? Deja vu, tell you what I’m gonna do.
When they reminisce over you, my god.

- eggs
billbradley

Comments

• RhythmGJRhythmGJ Buffalo, NY 219 Posts
    LOVE The Frightnrs. Bummed about the singer...

GJ

Yeah, ALS took my bass player and ultimately cut my band's life short, too; it had a big impact on all of us.

I wonder where one can find those early Frightnrs EP's? I was unaware of them.

GJ 

• God damn, what a sad story. The only good element is the excellent music left behind. I like it a lot. Gabe Roth's been a bit of an inspiration to me for a long time and it's good to see Daptone getting behind artists and genres they didn't start out doing, because their production methods and sound lend themselves to a lot - the Frightnrs are a case in point.

Absolutely. I'm not gobsmacked by "celebrities" much, although there have been a few occasions where that might have been appropriate. But I was at the NAMM show last year, and turned around right into this dude with a bass on his back when I realized it was Gabe Roth. I didn't know what to say, but I managed to shake his hand and stutter out something like "Thank You. PLEASE keep doing what you're doing!" Which is all we can hope for, really. They have done amazing work while being faced with tremendous tragedy and hardship.

GJ

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    RhythmGJ said:
    Yeah, ALS took my bass player and ultimately cut my band's life short, too; it had a big impact on all of us.

I wonder where one can find those early Frightnrs EP's? I was unaware of them.

GJ 

Lost my bass player recently too. Best thing you can do is keep making music. Keep on pushing.

- Damo

Sorry to here that and Amen to that. I'm in a bit of a forced retirement right now, but I will eventually make a comeback (!!!!). "I shall return!" (Insert McArthur emoji here).

GJ