Khruangbin

SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

Kicking it at a camel race in Marrakech. Nam'sayn G. 

- Damo
DuderonomyDORketan

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Excellent groove on that. Missing vocals maybe? Bass could’ve been higher in the mix, but a great track.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

Saw them live at Desert Daze last year. Now they stay in heavy rotation in my homie circles.

- spidey

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Yeah, really been diggin' their stuff.

I'm a little ticked I missed them in concert here last night. Would have loved to hear them live.

*Note - They in Detroit tonight.... Heading west to other cities and in Asia in May.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    I feel like the music needs a little something more (except for that slow jam, that one's nice), but I'd like to say the video with the old chinese lady is

• Chinese granny swagger.

Khruangbin kind of reminds me of Vulfpeck, I can't nail down why... does anyone ride? 

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Been hearing them on the radio out here (KCRW loves them).  I like!  It took me a while to get into the vocal bits.

When I first heard them, they reminded me of Dengue Fever

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Chinese granny swagger.

Khruangbin kind of reminds me of Vulfpeck, I can't nail down why... does anyone ride? 

This is the first I've heard of Vulfpeck. Just youtube'd that and realized it's the same dudes behind the Fearless Flyers. Not bad. How come more people aren't talking about them on here. Solid funk outta Detroit. I guess they're similar in the approach with a solid rhythm section making groovy instrumental tracks in 2018.