Reggae drum rolls

I’ve looked in the Classic Mixes section and couldn’t find anything, so it might have been elsewhere, possibly on Mixcloud: Does anyone remember a fairly long mix (an hour plus?) of drum rolls from the beginning of hundreds of reggae records? 

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    My shitty iPhone doesn’t post links, but search SoundCloud for “Goodhertz inc. all the drum introductions”

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    it wasn’t as great as I’d hoped IIRC.

• YemskyYemsky 707 Posts
    Thank you. 
    I agree. That’s not particularly good. 
    Its also not the mix I am looking for. 

• RhythmGJRhythmGJ Buffalo, NY 219 Posts
    Is there a specific lick you need?

GJ

• YemskyYemsky 707 Posts
    Thanks for asking. No, I am not looking for a sample source but for the all immersive experience of being licked for an hour. 

• RhythmGJRhythmGJ Buffalo, NY 219 Posts
    Ah, just so. Rife with opportunities for ribald punditry, I choose to pass on this play.

However, regarding your drum-fill search, I hope you find success...

GJ

• The 6 minute Marley-only one was kind of cool and kind of shit too. I've had a lot of enjoyment with the swearing-only NWA collages and the like, but I don't know why I expected this to be more than exactly what it is.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    If someone could do one of Sly Dunbar only, that would be all you ever needed to learn drumming.  Well, that and talent and a fuck load of Toms.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    When you can see the wood flying off the sticks on the rimshots. Aaahhh!

• That'd be cool as hell. Nothin' but Sly openers. You could also line them up a bit so they kinda mesh on beat... or like categorize them by BPM and have them go from slow to fast so they all sound on beat with each other. Shit I'm far too lazy.