For the acapella remixers/collectors top 10 Holy Grail studio acapellas you want or have?

djtopcatdjtopcat Seattle WA The 206 312 Posts
edited June 2015 in Strut Central
Does anyone here remember the good old days when all the trading of the exclusive stuff was mostly through now archaic AIM? Seems like forever ago. Time goes by, people get older, get out of the biz,health issues etc and all of a sudden the pipeline runs dry. I honestly have no clue what is out there now? Occasionally I'll hear Jazzy Jeff, Biz, Mell Starr drop an exclusive in a set, but it's basically been the same handful of old school pellas on everyone's want lists for a decade it seems. lol

Anyway here's 10 studio acapellas that I would consider very rare. A few bounced from original multitrack sessions.
1.George Benson-Give me the Night
2.Honeydrippers-Impeach the President
3.Bill Withers-Ain't no Sunshine
4.Sister Sledge-We are Family
5.Nu Shooz-I can't wait
6.Biz Markie-Goin Off
7.New Edition-Candy Girl
8.Roger-So Ruff so Tuff
9.RUN DMC-Beats to the Rhyme
10.Earth Wind and Fire-Let's Groove

[Deleted User]

Comments

• djtopcatdjtopcat Seattle WA The 206 312 Posts
    Don't be shy, it's a status thing now. Posting a top list does not mean you are going to trade or share anything. It can also be a wish list of known studio acapellas.

Wait until I post my multitrack sessions list. I'll need to leave the country first haha :P

• Mek_JaggerMek_Jagger 322 Posts
    Mell Starr is great with the accas. Don't have a want / trade list but always liked the idea of globe & whiz kid 'play that beat' acapella.
    Vocal is on c.d. but don't think the inst. is. You ever get results editing sections (of unavailable insts) to invert ?

Play that beat would be cool, I wouldn't be shocked if someone has the multitracks to that song. If you can locate a hq cd rip of the instrumental I can try a diy.

• Mek_JaggerMek_Jagger 322 Posts
    doesn't exist on cd. that's what i meant, if you edited the open parts from the extended mix you might get results for a verse. gold as a dj tool.

• MY WANT LIST IS PRETTY MUCH SOME THINGS ID PROBABLY NEVER COME ACROSS 
    1. NU SHOOZ I CANT WAIT
    2. AL GREEN LETS STAY TOGETHER 
    3. FRANKIE BERVERLY AND MAZE BEFORE I YOU GO
    4. KOOL MOE DEE WILD WILD WEST 
    5. V.A. SELF DESTRUCTION 
    6. O.D.B BROOKLYN ZOO
    7. BARRY WHITE ECSTACY 
    8. EASY E WE WANT EASY
    9. SLY STONE IF YOU WANT ME TO STAY
    10. LUTHER VANDROSS BAD BOYS HAVING A PARTY 

SLIGHT MENTION TRU NO LIMIT SOLDIERS INSTRUMENTAL 

• djtopcat said:
    Does anyone here remember the good old days when all the trading of the exclusive stuff was mostly through now archaic AIM? Seems like forever ago. Time goes by, people get older, get out of the biz,health issues etc and all of a sudden the pipeline runs dry. I honestly have no clue what is out there now? Occasionally I'll hear Jazzy Jeff, Biz, Mell Starr drop an exclusive in a set, but it's basically been the same handful of old school pellas on everyone's want lists for a decade it seems. lol

Anyway here's 10 studio acapellas that I would consider very rare. A few bounced from original multitrack sessions.
    1.George Benson-Give me the Night
    2.Honeydrippers-Impeach the President
    3.Bill Withers-Ain't no Sunshine
    4.Sister Sledge-We are Family
    5.Nu Shooz-I can't wait
    6.Biz Markie-Goin Off
    7.New Edition-Candy Girl
    8.Roger-So Ruff so Tuff
    9.RUN DMC-Beats to the Rhyme
    10.Earth Wind and Fire-Let's Groove

I HAVE GEORGE BENSON GIVE ME THE NIGHT 

[Deleted User]

Mell Starr is great with the accas. Don't have a want / trade list but always liked the idea of globe & whiz kid 'play that beat' acapella.
    Vocal is on c.d. but don't think the inst. is. You ever get results editing sections (of unavailable insts) to invert ?

Hey Mek, a friend has the Play that beat multitracks. Let me see if I can get him to bounce down the vocals if you haven't copped already. 

Here's my current known multi and studio pella want list. I now have about 580 full sessions. Took me almost 14 years to accumulate. Probably more expensive than golf! haha

Wilson Pickett-Engine #9
    Mtume-Juicy Fruit -heard the studio pella forget who used it. 
    Keni Burke-Keep risin to the top
    Tom Browne-Funkin for Jamaica
    Lou Rawls-You'll never find
    Barry White-Let the music play
    Onyx-Slam- multis available, but not sure of mix version?
    Love Unlimited-Love's Theme
    Dazz Band- Let it whip
    Zapp- More Bounce
    Sly and the Family Stone- Family Affair
    MJ-Smooth Criminal
    Public Enemy-Don't believe the hype acapella *missing from multitracks