TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    2-1 against Wet Hamster is pitiful.
    Guardiola OUT

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Coach-Parking-Only sign going up in the box.
    Curling up into a ball and hoping it all goes away is the new long ball.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    skel said:
    What’s up, batches?

My nipples. It's freezing over here.

These last few months have been utter chaos, work-wise.
    Most manic times in my 35 years in the biz.
    Way above my pay grade, and I’m not in good shape for it, but still.
    In other news, any Sheff U fan missing a prosthetic leg, it was last seen doing a tour of South East Lahndaan this weekend

• In case we thought there weren't any bigger creeps than the conservatives, a couple interesting things about the DUP -

- The UVF (I think it was this acronym?) a currently active terrorist organization, literally murdered a dude in front of his 3 year old in a supermarket parking lot like last week, and DUP leader Arlene Foster met with their head for a social visit less than 48 hours after the murder and didn't have anything to say about it...

http://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/what-connects-brexit-the-dup-dark-money-and-a-saudi-prince-1.3083586

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/wintour-and-watt/2010/sep/14/billy-wright-northern-ireland

A party in love with a guy so murderous that the Combined Loyalist Military Command ordered him to leave NI in 72 hours or be killed because he was jeapordizing the peace process - despite him being on their side.

Then there's the problem of militant loyalists holding the UK government to ransom possibly being a violation of the Good Friday agreement... see if they can't fuck around and get the trifecta of leaving the EU, losing Scotland and NI, and hell let's throw in the freebie of kick-starting a new Troubles.

So surprising no one, May, who tweeted during the election that a six-seat loss would mean Corbyn would be PM and then lost more than double that, is clinging to power through just about the filthiest means possible.

If there's one good thing to come from this (aside from a new election) I hope this teaches all the recently-engaged or energized voters than politics is about taking power, not asking for it, not winning the moral battle or the sorkin-esque rhetorical epée shit, not "both sides do it"-ing, but having an ideology and a program to execute it and doing it even if it's dirty, because that sure as shit is what the right wing has known how to do for decades.

Just bumping this after today's news to make myself feel good about predicting bad things

skel said:
    These last few months have been utter chaos, work-wise.
    Most manic times in my 35 years in the biz.

Brexit-R?  Teh Brexodus?

monty python GIF

Brexit (which will add 50% staff to my dept)
    Mifid 2
    Global Margin regulations
    GDPR
    Senior Managers Regime regulations
    2 x new IT systems
    Company doubled in staff size in a year
    3 new teams/functions in my dept in last 6 months
    New offices to sort out HK, Singapore, Frankfurt
    My #2 on maternity leave

Its been... cray!

Sounds good St*ve.  I am fed up here.  Driving 80+ miles each way to work in a room with no windows.  The pay is meh-tropolis too.

Awhile back a co-worker gave me some of dem bitcoin that all the kids are crazy about nowadayz. Should I invest heavily or just go to Vegas and drop it all on black and let it ride?

YES

Investing in Bitcoin is Such.A.Great. Idea.

Anyone going to see Roy Ayers soon?
    Need to ask him if 'In The Dark' is about wanking.
    For a friend.

Seeing him in 2017 a bit like going to an 80s Butlins weekender where Going West share a stage with Erasure and the remnants of Whitesnake.

Ex-wife called me up about an hour before Jamiroquai were hitting the stage in Greenwich last week with a spare ticket, it’s right on the doorstep but it seemed somewhat of a cabaret type of idea.
    That said, I took her to the Albert Hall earlier this year to see og ABC play The Look Of Love in entirety, in order, and avec full orchestra.
    Utter fine-ness right there.
    Gold lame suit for days.
    And plenty gilfs.

Shame about Jamiroquai.  The OG lineup was so good. I kind of know them through friends, but since Toby Smith passed last year, I doubt the lad and his merry men have got the chords in them for that realness.

I've seen Roy a lot but not for about 20 years.  I'd like to think he can still give a good account of himself musically.

It is about wanking, I'll wager.

Next week: is "Turning Japanese" about wanking? *

*Spoiler alert....

Jamiroquai at Coachella?

damn

They must have a good booker.

Who else is on the bill that you'd rather see, doe?

JMJ is the biggest upset!  That far down the bill, I would expect less of the dancing lasers and shit, and more of a screensaver on an old laptop.

Discussed this with the 20-somethings at work, two of whom are going.

They stoked for Eminem 
    Bey is the cheese factor 
    JK has a certain old skool charm for them
    JMJ was like WUT ?!?

No point I’m asking them to down a silent tequila in honour of Fast Eddie

Despairing of yout over here

• foefoe turo de la peira 196 Posts
    Jimster said:
    They must have a good booker.

Who else is on the bill that you'd rather see, doe?

detroid love! didn't know they had a thing, but now they are pretty much on the top of the list of current stuff i want to see.

• foefoe turo de la peira 196 Posts
    i now realise that i did know it was a thing, but my mom was visiting me when detroit love where here and i completely repressed that.

Duderonomy

Does he even party?
    Use a tenner at least, ffs

Not sure if fiddies are plastic. Not seen one for a while.
    Not a baller.
    Jimster to speak on it.
    nzshadow

skel said:

Jimster to speak on it.

Why you gotta do me like that?

If you write a "0" on it, preferably next to the 5, you can pretend to be a Sanchez.

"400K a week?  I nearly skidded off the road."

Peter Sands, former chief executive of Standard Chartered, has urged the Bank to dump £50 notes, suggesting that they are mainly used for “tax evasion”. In a February 2016 paper, he wrote: “Ask people in the United Kingdom when they last used a £50 note, the highest sterling denomination, and the most common answer is to pay a builder or plumber.” He added that phasing them out would be a “bold, effective – and relatively simple – step in the fight against organised crime, corruption, terrorism and tax evasion”. There are currently 312million £50 notes in circulation compared to more than two billion £20 notes. The £50 notes – which feature portraits of 18th century steam engine pioneers Matthew Boulton and James Watt – are only dispensed at a handful of cashpoints in Britain, mainly in the wealthiest areas of London.

The north will rise again

RIP if true

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/26/sol-campbell-oxford-united-craig-bellamy

Sol Campbell found himself the subject of much public derision last week when he described himself as “one of the greatest minds in football”. It was a bold claim and the general reaction to the former player’s modest self-evaluation suggested that if the erstwhile Saturday night quiz show Family Fortunes had surveyed 100 people to fill in the blank in the sentence: “Sol Campbell is one of the greatest [BLANKS] in football”, the word “minds” would scarcely have featured among the few broadcastable answers, let alone those all-important top ones.

Quizzing the FA’s technical director Dan Ashworth, he asked why Gary Neville had been fast-tracked to the England assistant manager’s job. It was an entirely reasonable question, but while having the nitty-gritty of Neville’s rapid rise to such a high-profile technical area explained to him, he interrupted Ashworth. “But I am Sol Campbell.” Unsure how to respond to such an interjection, Ashworth just finished his explanation. The counter-argument? Once more with feeling: “But I am Sol Campbell.”

Not the full shilling.

Also, according to 200% of Spurs fans:

"Judas c*nt with HIV".

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    But he is Sol Campbell.

I think this is how Steve Jobs got ahead.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Sol would put the “ker” into “Wang”, that’s for sure.

skel

I hear that the EPL has been a done deal for weeks.
    Sad. 

@Duderonomy  alert - fellow UK Strutteur TomO playing Barca tonight:
    httpsscontent-lht6-1xxfbcdnnetvt10-928872159_1771072892913497_386756387561343924_njpgohac6ac74b79bce72035df7aec3d166178oe5B380608
    Duderonomy