SoundCloud Mixes

Comments

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    ^^  

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Okay, this is the last one, i promise. Part 3 of Everybody Hates Disco 45s mix. These are terrible record company radio friendly edits. Stereo/Mono a/B mixes. So few breaks. Nobody likes these 3.5 minute turds....so i bought a djs entire collection and made a few mixes. This mix is more on the sweet side of disco with lots of strings.

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    Finally migrated to Mixcloud to manage upload a few more mixes, would love to conect with some heads and will try to upload more frequently. 

Here´s the latest installment, a tasty selection of classic Boogaloo and Pachanga, all recorded live, no tricks. Disfrute!

https://www.mixcloud.com/doisn/doisn-ay-ye-ye/
    Scuba Steve

• Matthew, I'm sure everybody appreciates you diggin' in the turds (new crew name?) for these important documents of disco chud/Colorado history. I salute you but god damn if I can get through all three...

Doisn, that opening Grazing in the Grass boogaloo is so solid, who is it??

To contribute I recently revisited this electric mud/howlin' wolf megamix, and found it still really enjoyable:

"'Electric Mud' and 'The Howlin' Wolf Album' are pretty much perfect to me. I could happily sit and listen to both on rotation for longer than would be considered regular or healthy. I have done just that on many occasions, in fact.

So with this in mind, my instinct to dissect and forensically examine the music I truly love was too hard to resist and ultimately, this led to what you have here. These are two albums that to me, if I may put them in a modern perspective, bang relentlessly and thoroughly in every way and I love them so hard. It felt like it would be too easy to just snatch straight up loops from them (although that would sound wonderful of course), and I had the thought of making some re-edits in some way or another, but I decided on reconstructing them both and blending them together in that way.

This is produced from well over 750 chops of both albums combined.

If you haven't yet heard 'Electric Mud' by Muddy Waters, or 'The Howlin' Wolf Album', I cannot recommend them highly enough. Try and find them on vinyl if you can- trust me. If not, get yourself the CDs. If you are already familiar with both albums, I hope you enjoy what I've created from them.

Every chop made with care and respect.

Every step programmed with love."

Duderonomy

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I don't even know the deal and this thraed is raul. Thanks Strutteurs!

this is a mostly dancehall mix from koushik:  

there's a new jazz mix on there too i haven't chekked yet too.
    Duderonomy

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    recent one from myself...
    Jimster

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Not really my thing but I know heads on here will dig it:

Solid Steel (17th November) In Hour 1 we turn the spotlight on Mr Bongo the record shop and label that became an established bearer for hard-to-find, classic Latin music, particularly Brazilian, but also further afield and the first UK shop to sell vinyl releases from independent hip hop labels such as Def Jam, Rawkus and Nervous. It began in Venezuela 30 years ago – filling suitcases with amazing latin records to bring back to Europe. And it continued ever since; private warehouse visits in the US, dusty back street basements in South America, houses and garages in Africa, and lesser-known spots in Europe and Asia. Mr Bongo bring eclectic and unexpected Brazilian, Latin, African, Jazz, Soul, Reggae and Psychedelic flavours to the dance-floor with a seemingly bottomless stock of weird and wonderful selections. They told us;
    "This mix was put together by David ‘Mr Bongo’ Buttle, Gareth Stephens, Gary Johnson and Graham Luckhurst. A selection of some of the deepest cuts from the their record collections, taking in Brazilian, African, soul, jazz, folk, psyche and disco. A reflection of what they spin during DJ sets and in radio shows plus a few mellow moods, chosen specifically to fit the Solid Steel vibe. Mostly acquired in a pre-Discogs world where the prices were nice. We hope you enjoy this mix and listen to it often."

1. The Modern Tropical Quintet – Midnight In Moscow – RCA
    2. Amado Maita – Samba Do Amigo – Copacabana
    3. Vozes De Bronze – Clarao Da Lua – Studio Hana
    4. J. B. De Carvalho – Jesus Christo – Musicolor
    5. Joao De Pife – Garota Do Pife – Tropicana
    6. Trio Ternura – A Gira – Polydor
    7. Alcione – Este Mundo Tem.. – RCA
    8. Rosie Grier ‎– Beautiful People – A&M
    9. Brenda Jones – Big Mistake – Mercury
    10. Mark III – Peaceful, Lonely, Free – Stop
    11. Unknown Japanese - unknown - White
    12. Bessie Banks – Don’t You Worry Baby, The Best Is Yet To Come – Quality
    13. Lee Moses – Bad Girl – Musicor Records
    14. Babalu And His Headhunters – Calypso Funk – Bamboo
    15. Midnight Groover + Pierrot – Mangots – Hit Parade
    16. The Drive – Africa Bossa – RCA
    17. Roger Plunket – Moin Inmé Couch Là – Debs
    18. Charly Kingston – Nimele Bolo – Ariola
    19. Eko ‎– Kilimandjaro My Home – Dragon Phénix
    20. Timothy Hervelle - Grand N'Hom La - T.H. Production
    21. Beckie Bell – Music Madness – Trema
    22. Frank Aleksandersen ‎– Kong Vinter – EMI
    23. Azwon – Paradise Island – JBF
    24. Arthur – So Close To You – Chanterelle Records
    25. Cathy Davis ‎– Come Back Home – Twelve O’Clock Records
    26. Soa ‎– Love Pillow – BM
    27. Michael Orr and The Book Of Life – Spread Love – Birthright 
    28. RAF Robertson ‎– Sideways – SEMP
    29. Μαρίζα Κωχ - Κάτω Απ' Τη Βροχή -Minos
    30. Ruacan - Gölge 1 Numara 
    31. Adriana – Contigo – Continental
    32. Chêne Noir - La Musique D'Orphée - Chêne Noir Disques 
    33. HNNY – Till Dig – Omena

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    A quirky little Latin mix. Sounds from all over including PR, DR, Venezuela, Peru, Argentina, Mexico

• Matthew, I'm really enjoying this mix, thanks mang!

• yes that Latin mix is nice.

Threw this together a couple months ago. Early 80's French funky disco.

https://www.mixcloud.com/wallywaves/wallywaves-funk-et-disco-mix/

• https://soundcloud.com/kickintheeyepodcast/k026 - podcast #26 feat. Delia Gonzalez, The Greg Foat Group, Mr. Scruff, Fennesz, Shocking Blue and more....

Doisn, that opening Grazing in the Grass boogaloo is so solid, who is it??

thanks for listening man, the track in question is by El Gran Conjunto Universal titled Suelta el Ye Ye Matilu

Here is two mixes i did at the end of the year, compiling some of my favourite jazzy sounds from 2017. 

https://www.mixcloud.com/doisn/twenty17-neo-jive-pt-1/

https://www.mixcloud.com/doisn/twenty17-neo-jive-pt-2/

The "SERAPH" mix that The Psychonauts were commissioned to do for some fashion show:

• schoggischoggi 298 Posts

During the 3 days of carnival here in town, a local radio station (Radio X) broadcasts 100% carnival-free radio, means 24hrs of live DJ sets. In the evening they broadcast from a local bar, they call it the carnival-free zone. They've recorded the sets and posted them on mixcloud, so here are my 2hrs from last year recorded at Grenzwert Bar...

Old, dusty & crackling 45s only... from North to South America, the Caribbean Islands & Africa. Also three new releases/must haves: the afro rock tune “Ago” by Johnny (Now-Again), “Yadop-Yadop” by the London based Sudanese Band 'The Scorpios' (Afro7), their album is out now & the previously unreleased 70s tune “Don’t Get Caught” by NOLA legend Willie Tee (Super Disco Edits). http://www.konzeptlos.org/

Black Milk DJ mix!

01. Black Milk – ‘UnVEil’ (Instrumental)
    02. BadBadNotGood – ‘Speaking Gently’
    03. Karriem Riggins – ‘Summer Maddness S.A.’
    04. Khruangbin – ‘White Gloves’
    05. Juana Molina – ‘In The Lassa’
    06. Spaceark – ‘Sweet Hitchhiker’
    07. Black Milk – ‘Could It Be’ (Instrumental)
    08. The Internet – ‘Something’s Missing’
    09. Kraftwerk – ‘The Man Machine’
    10. Black Milk – ‘Will Remain’ (Instrumental)
    11. Zap Francis – ‘Two Eleven’
    12. Zap Francis – ‘Human Mover’
    13. Kaytranada – ‘LITE SPOTS’
    14. A Number of Names – ‘Sharevari’ (Instrumental)
    15. Cybotron – ‘Alleys Of Your Mind’
    16. Isolée – ‘Beau Mot Plage’
    17. SiR – ‘D’Evils’

• Scuba SteveScuba Steve @steveislikewoah 40 Posts
    New Mix Uploaded... I got a RC 30 looper pedal and went to town over the last month.  All vinyl outside the intro/outro I ripped from Jrocc's Instagram. Threw some loops in Garage Band, laid some cuts, triggered some samples from the MPC and done!

I would appreciate your love or hate. 

New Mix Uploaded... I got a RC 30 looper pedal and went to town over the last month.  All vinyl outside the intro/outro I ripped from Jrocc's Instagram. Threw some loops in Garage Band, laid some cuts, triggered some samples from the MPC and done!

I would appreciate your love or hate. 

klezmer electro-thug beatsketanDuderonomy

Just poast the soundcloud link - the forum will embed it automatically.
    Scuba Steve

• Steve, that mix is a lot of fun, thanks
    Scuba Steve

Thanks Klez!

Steve, that mix was dope.  I love how you got off the records from J-Rocc's IG.  There's something very economical about that.  Does he really have a jungle mix of The Nod Factor up there?  Respect to the man.

I'd love a download link, if you want to share.  I'd listen to this out and about.

ketan said:
    Steve, that mix was dope.  I love how you got off the records from J-Rocc's IG.  There's something very economical about that.  Does he really have a jungle mix of The Nod Factor up there?  Respect to the man.

I'd love a download link, if you want to share.  I'd listen to this out and about.

Thanks a lot.  Appreciate the kind words. 

I ripped the amen break, baseline, and vox samples straight from a 'Jungle Tools' break record to a Boss RC 30 looper pedal.  Then triggered the airhorn from the MPC.  

Edit: I believe I just made it downloadable on Soundcloud?  LMK if it does not work. 

Ooh la-la:

01. Sun Collective - Knots Dub [Avocaudio]
    02. Burning Babylon - Dub Tropic [Burning Babylon]
    03. Danny Scrilla - Higher Plane [ZamZam]
    04. Om Unit - Wagonist Riddim (Moresounds Dub) [Cosmic Bridge]
    05. Sun People - Challo Challo Motti [unreleased]
    06. Moresounds - From The Streets [Dub-Stuy]
    07. Proc Fiskal - A Fragrance [Cosmic Bridge]
    08. LV & Joshua Idehen - Tough (Danny Scrilla Remix) [free]
    09. Rasta Noton feat. Emperor Echo - How Bleep Is Your Dub [457]
    10. Danny Scrilla - Jello [Cosmic Bridge]
    11. Knautic - Connection Dub (DJ Madd Remix) [East Van Digital]
    12. Genotype - Dubwiser [Exit]
    13. Digid - Levitation [Through These Eyes]
    14. Moresounds - Deep Base [Dub-Stuy]
    15. RUZ - Billy Lion [Defrostatica]
    16. The Untouchables - Suffa Ray Shun [457]
    17. Digital - Time Out [Function]
    18. Digital & Morphy - Shanty [Exit]
    19. Mister Shifter - Dub Attack [Artikal]
    20. Genotype - Version [Exit]
    21. Disrupt - Jah Red Gold And Green [Jahtari]

Finally got this lightly mixed selection of love songs up on SC (had to start a new account since my og account finally hit the time length wall!).  Made in earnest for some friends, so there are some really common but wonderful love songs in there. 

This a really good mix Ketan! Can tell a lot of thought and work went into this, a great balance of styles, sounds and textures.
    ketan

This a really good mix Ketan! Can tell a lot of thought and work went into this, a great balance of styles, sounds and textures.

Thanks, Dude.  A lot of thought in the songs and the order - the mixing was surprisingly easy after that.

...goes without saying that the film quotes are great too: who can sample spot ‘em all?
    ketan

• rcwinklyrcwinkly 102 Posts
    One of my semi-current mixes of hip hop goodies galore!

https//soundcloud.com/rcwinkly/thats-when-ya-lost