Music to MOOG by?

Looking for recommendations on moog records that I'm sleeping on that ideally have drums and doing covers.  

I'm putting together a mix and am curious if I'm missing some major bangers like E.V.A., etc...

This Claude Denjean is a current favorite...

but here are some others I've included so far.

RAJ

Comments

• Maybe moogie woogie or whatever it's called on chess and the Martin Denny moog record?
    rcwinkly

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

Don't sleep on Enoch Light's Permissive Polyphonics either:

rcwinkly

• Dick Hyman age of electronicus has a moog "give it up or turn it loose" which is pretty ridiculous. He also covered green onions...

Bill Watrous had a track with a ridiculous drums/synth solo... I think it's "Ayo" off Manhattan Wildlife Refuge. The track is kind of mild jazz funk and then there's a sudden 3 minute moog freakout.

I had a moog compilation that had an Armando Trovaioli track called "I Apologize Mr Rossini" which I really liked. Not sure what it's on originally. It's like a Rossini opera tune, but it builds and builds with some really nice drums. It shouldn't work but I really like it myself. Obviously Trovaioli also did Kinky Peanuts on the Sesso Matto soundtrack which is ludicrous too.

Something more recent to look into is the MRR-ADM 10 inch which will make you shit
    rcwinkly

• RAJ said:

Don't sleep on Enoch Light's Permissive Polyphonics either:

Thanks Raj...wasn't knowing about that Tchip Tchip!  Any chance you have that digitally?  I'm having a hard time seeing any of their stuff on slsk.

And yes...Permissive Polyphonics for sure.  "You pass I call is bananas", among many other gems on that album.

• Feldman said:
    Maybe moogie woogie or whatever it's called on chess and the Martin Denny moog record?
    Thanks...had totally forgotten about that one!

• Dick Hyman age of electronicus has a moog "give it up or turn it loose" which is pretty ridiculous. He also covered green onions...

Bill Watrous had a track with a ridiculous drums/synth solo... I think it's "Ayo" off Manhattan Wildlife Refuge. The track is kind of mild jazz funk and then there's a sudden 3 minute moog freakout.

I had a moog compilation that had an Armando Trovaioli track called "I Apologize Mr Rossini" which I really liked. Not sure what it's on originally. It's like a Rossini opera tune, but it builds and builds with some really nice drums. It shouldn't work but I really like it myself. Obviously Trovaioli also did Kinky Peanuts on the Sesso Matto soundtrack which is ludicrous too.

Something more recent to look into is the MRR-ADM 10 inch which will make you shit
    I'll check for some of that stuff you mentioned for sure...and the MRR-ADM idea is a great one.  I've got Mr. Chop in the arsenal too in case it fits!

rcwinkly

• RAJ said:

That country moog looks hilarious!  Thanks man and keep em coming if you got more!!!

rcwinkly said:
    RAJ said:

Thanks Raj...wasn't knowing about that Tchip Tchip!  Any chance you have that digitally?  I'm having a hard time seeing any of their stuff on slsk.
    Here ya Go!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ag8agu2o8lb9qz/skylab.zip?dl=0
    cove

Here's a few more that comes to mind:

rcwinkly

• Thanks Raj...I wasn't knowing about a few of those last ones you posted!  Here is volume 1 of the mix and I'm sure there will be at least another volume given the "Pandora's Box" I've opened.

https://www.mixcloud.com/rcwinkly/music-to-moog-by-volume-1/

Drop me a line if you want a DL to the mp3!

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    don't know if it's in your mix, but don't forget this classic:

rcwinklyRAJ

• "Foggy Mountain Breakdown" off that Country Moog record is a headscratcher too.

• Checking it now, the mix is sounding great so far! Nicely done.
    If you're doing a vol. 2:

also this guy is in the Natural Yogurt Band with another dude, a potential track along the heavy-drums-and-moog line is "Space Echo"
    rcwinkly

• Checking it now, the mix is sounding great so far! Nicely done.
    If you're doing a vol. 2:

also this guy is in the Natural Yogurt Band with another dude, a potential track along the heavy-drums-and-moog line is "Space Echo"
    Hell yeah...that's BANANAS!!!  Thanks for the natural yogurt reminder...I may end up getting to 4 volumes with themes since I think I can make one of just library cuts and the other modern artists.  Volume 2, which will be in the same vain as the first, will be coming soon since I don't really do much to the music other than arrange it and make some edits/loops.  I'm trying not to worry about speed/pitch and let me music stay at the intended bpm.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts

is this moog? I don't know shit about synths.

either way, it's

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    I've got a Moog Christmas set, no breaks yo on it but I found it a spookily good companion for cycling in snow. At night.

Ymmv.

Yo.
    rcwinkly

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Jimster said:
    I've got a Moog Christmas set, no breaks yo on it but I found it a spookily good companion for cycling in snow. At night.

Ymmv.

Yo.

Holler if you want it zipped somewhere

rcwinkly

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Beats may be out of place here, but there's all the stuff that JJ Perrey did with Luke Vibert, like this:

• rcwinklyrcwinkly 102 Posts
    Jimster said:
    Jimster said:

Ymmv.

Yo.

Holler if you want it zipped somewhere

Yes please...zip away if you're not joking!  I have a ton of cool Christmas music and that'll definitely drive my wife doubly insane!!!

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts

Yeah! I like that one. I found it a month ago. I just found this yesterday for $3 which has a similar track. Blew my mind.

rcwinkly

• Bill Watrous had a track with a ridiculous drums/synth solo... I think it's "Ayo" off Manhattan Wildlife Refuge. The track is kind of mild jazz funk and then there's a sudden 3 minute moog freakout.

Yeah! I like that one. I found it a month ago. I just found this yesterday for $3 which has a similar track. Blew my mind.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Unfortunately I do not have the capability to record and post tracks right now. Also, there are no YouTube vids or soundclips from various sellers online who are selling/sold it. As for the record above, to clarify, it has three tracks on one side where Banister uses an ARP to solo, in addition to his acoustic piano comping. They range from the slow burn groove I was referring to above to free exploration to a ballad.