124»

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    leftright said:
    can't hate on a show that uses the Skinny Boys for their intro

this show sons "its always sunny in philly"

slacker-workplace-low-budget-situation-comedy-related

You are straight tripping. My lady and I actually watched the first episode based on your review, and were decidedly underwhelmed. ALWAYS SUNNY POR VIDA.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Amazing episode of Game of Thrones last night.
    Only one left, noooo.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    leftright said:

You are straight tripping. My lady and I actually watched the first episode based on your review, and were decidedly underwhelmed. ALWAYS SUNNY POR VIDA.
    It gets better imo. It definitely had the feel of their internet based comedy roots to start with, but they soon expand on their characters/plot/ideas bringing it up a level.

I've watched every episode since it was first recommended in this thread & have thoroughly enjoyed them. Not really seeing the point in putting it against Always Sunny, when you can just enjoy both.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Watching "The Killing" and catching up on the last two seasons of "Friday Night Lights," which might be my second favorite drama I've ever watched...

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    Season 8 of Curb Your Enthusiasm premiers in less than a month. I can't curb mine about it:

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Yer, I wasn't trying to have a dig, I understand why you would make the comparison, just didn't see it as a either/or type thang.

• SaracenusSaracenus 671 Posts
    Game of Thrones (Its just getting warmed up)
    Archer (60's spy stlye with quotes for days!)
    Mary Shelley's Frankenhole (Sick and twisted from Starburns and the guy who plays Pete Hornberge on 30 Rock)
    Metalocalypse
    Community (The two part paintball ep and the Advanced D&D ep were standouts).
    Supernatural (my big guilty pleasure)
    Doctor Who (Bowties are cool)
    Ninja Warrior (Best Game Show Evar!)
    The Daily Show & The Colbert Report

In a fit of nostalgia for Sean Bean I got out my Sharp's Rifles DVDs and re-watched several episodes. Pete Postlethwaite plays one of the most hated villainous foils ever.

For those of you wanting big time magic in Game of Thrones, that is coming, sort of. I am not going to spoil the story for you because there are a ton of twists and turns coming. I will talk more about magic after the final episode hits.

Can't wait for True Blood to premier. Looking forward to a 4th season of Venture Brothers.

• SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    Good to have LD back

I am enjoying Wilfred as well its good they kept the Aussie dog. Has it been doing well in the US

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    been watching 'angry boys' but it's ending this week.

peace, stein. . .:)

• dopeshitdopeshit 134 Posts
    the newest episdoe of curb is great

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    ::cheap plug:: the show I've been working on for the last few months premiered last night on CBS. I don't think theres much of reality fan base here, but those that are into the genre should check out "Same Name". I ride hard for the episode in which we swapped boxer Mike Tyson with a male nurse in Michigan ::cheap plug::

• did yous guys know what troy from 'community' is also a rapper?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    If you like cop dramas. This is pretty good. I just finished the second season.

• Only one mention of this show.....? Really...?

The new season is off the hook.

Peace
    FNM

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    leftright said:

This. I gave this show so many chances, but it always disappointed. It had moments, but overall, it just sux.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    to be clear: I don't really watch either one.

to me, It's always sunny is really dumb, and workaholics slightly less so.

what is it about danny devito's character that people find funny? srs question.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Upconverted original Charlie's Angels episodes. Last night, Sammy Davis Jr. was on. I thought it was sad that in the 70's Sammy was reduced to portraying a clebrity on television shows instead of actuall being a bigger one. I always thought he was the most tallented of all those guys - tripple threat, right? But the good part was that Sammy played dual roles, himslef and a Sammy Davis Jr. impersonator, complete with a scene where they meet face to face in the end..

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Who's psyched about the new season of AWSIP??

-

Watching the first episode - at first I was like, this is kinda.. then Charlie worked his magic.

by the end I was like, bros'

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Been watching TEH HANDMAID'S TALE. Managed to escape reading this at school, and it's such a well known book it feels like I know so much about it that I don't need to read it, and while I'm guessing the series follows the basic premise, it probably veers away for serialisation*. It's pretty bleak but gripping viewing, dark shit nicely balanced with the odd moment of lightness, which probably just proves that people adapt to privations no matter how bad the situation. 

*maybe they've decided to add modern political parallels? Anyone able to speak on changes without too many spoilers?