• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

Duderonomy

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    So many good memories. 
    Nice to see Cosmo and Sheep in the mix. 
    That oliver sain pic is  

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Here are some more memories:

Papa Raj on the mix at the 2012 NJ/NY/PA Soul Strut Spin Party

Me and Edan chillin' at the 2011 Good Music WFMU Party (I got crazy faded that night)

DJ Supreme, Big Chan, Rain103 in Seattle during my visit in 2013.

I hit up Doc's Records & Vintage in Fort Worth during a business trip to Dallas.

Me ('before' pictured-related, lost almost 100 pounds since then) and Large Professor.  He dropped in during a Soul Strut meet up at Good Records back in 2010.

A slimmer, more svelte Big Stacks recently up in Stacks Laboratories.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

JimsterRAJDuderonomyMek_JaggerDORstratasphereasstropara11ax

Hey,

Oh damn... rocking the Mack argyle!?  Can't believe this is almost 5 years a go. Time is fuckign flying.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Hey,

Oh damn... rocking the Mack argyle!?  Can't believe this is almost 5 years a go. Time is fuckign flying.

Hey Raj,

We have to schedule a follow-up Soul Strut Spin Party this year.  I'm definitely down to host again when the weather breaks.  Get that hot playlist together, my man!  I'm ready to bring that heat since I've been diggin' my ass off in the nearly 5 years since that last spin party.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

RAJ said:
    Hey,

Hey Raj,

We have to schedule a follow-up Soul Strut Spin Party this year.  I'm definitely down to host again when the weather breaks.  Get that hot playlist together, my man!  I'm ready to bring that heat since I've been diggin' my ass off in the nearly 5 years since that last spin party.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak
    I'm down, man.  Hopefully we can some people to show up.  If not, I'm down for a listening session!

• deezleedeezlee 298 Posts
    Missed all that. Never seen a Leo sayer record in real life. Never papped. Not into AOR. 
    But I learned about "found a child" from this site. And we listened to "deep with a beat" during childbirth. 
    Thanks strut. 

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    fuck the previous dj...run the needle across whatever bullshit record he was playing..(that way you'll get the crowds attention)...grab the mic and say "YA'LL MUTHAFUCKAS READY FOR THE REAL SHIT SAY HOOOOO!!!!!" at this point drop a loop of Flash's theme by Queen on -8 pitch then lead the crowd in the call/response of your choice
    something like "when i say dj...yall say ... (insert dj name here) ...dj ... (name)... dj... (name) "

then say "big shout to (fake celebrity who really isn't there) in the house..i see you dog...imma bout to do this....here we go "

then transform scratch into whatever song you choose to play..

YUSS.
    asstrokicks79dukeofdelridgeRAJ

• various random unidentified shit from ancient prehistory

Once someone told me there was a Jews For Jesus record with a drum break. 

I have listened to many many JFJ records trying to find it, but never have. They all suck.

me and j.darrah got into fisticuffs over miami bass 12s just this morning at the corner of 38th and brookdale.

this might be from waxi sorry not sure

dukeofdelridgeDuderonomy

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    amazing
    i wince to think of some of the dumb ass shit i typed back in the day
    b/W
    missing bamboosh and many other folls, the finds threads, like karlito's for example
    weird records that suck just ain't the same
    it's like
    a sandwich that has no sandwich 

dukeofdelridge

• I agree it isn't the same - I like weird records that suck here and there but I like soulstrut's focus more. Music wise I want like 90% DOPE ASS BEATS and 10% FLOWING ASS ZITHER, rather than vice versa.

Bought Bambouche's Vanguard Squad 45 at Amoeba SF last year, weirdly. Still enjoying it. I remember his hardcore revolutionary website too.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    The http://cratediggers.com/ domain appears to have been sold off to discogs. I wonder how much it traded for :D

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Jimster said:
    fuck the previous dj...run the needle across whatever bullshit record he was playing..(that way you'll get the crowds attention)...grab the mic and say "YA'LL MUTHAFUCKAS READY FOR THE REAL SHIT SAY HOOOOO!!!!!" at this point drop a loop of Flash's theme by Queen on -8 pitch then lead the crowd in the call/response of your choice
    something like "when i say dj...yall say ... (insert dj name here) ...dj ... (name)... dj... (name) "

then say "big shout to (fake celebrity who really isn't there) in the house..i see you dog...imma bout to do this....here we go "

then transform scratch into whatever song you choose to play..

YUSS.

Still one of the all-time greats.
    DjArcadian