If a Tree Falls on Soul Strut

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited January 2017 in Strut Central
and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Still on Christmas duty myself.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I know it's a tired act and I have been doing this for a few years now, but c'mon!  I'm not getting a fix anywhere else that I would get on here. 

Does the fact that I am 41 now make a Difference?

EIGHTY

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Raj,

I'm still here, just been busy making beats lately.  Happy New Year everyone!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak
    RAJthe_dL

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    I'm 39, 4-oh-shit! in a couple of months. So many of my friends are raising kids.
    which is great

but

if it's their first sprog

my friends become soooo fucking boring when the baby is in sight, you cannot hold a proper conversation. So glad I'm not littering.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Raj is sleeping.

Must Boogie.

foecove

• I been on soul strut since I was two years old (denzel "hurricane" voice)

currently watching this guy sweat like 2 james browns are sewn into his form fitting suit

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Hi Raj!

• Reynaldo82Reynaldo82 NorCal 73 Posts
    Still here; not going anywhere. I listen to more music than ever--just too busy to discuss it much now. Been planting hella trees in my woods.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    DOR said:
    great acoustics in the home depot!  

also, system-r, i just came here to post this

still here!  been really busy with the holidays but i've bookmarked the best of thread...

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Why should people Soul Strut as opposed to Facebook nowadays?

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    SPlDEY said:
    Because I've never been on Facebook! I follow as many strutteurs on Instagram as I can, I think, but I never did a meat-up and I'm not sure I should and like Raj do you have venmo?

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I never had too much to contribute but dang I've been getting after it surfing the white wave of winter...so that's my scene right now. We can talk about that if you like.

Danno3000 said:
    Hi Raj!

Yo Dan!  Nice to see you still check in.  I still cherish the memories of digging in ole Montreal.

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts
    I still check in, but not daily as of late. Just busy.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    SPlDEY said:
    Because what goes on in The Strut...
    Stays in The Strut.

Plus, ever tried searching for anything in fb?  It's like drinking from a firehose of nonsense.
    ppadilhaDORfinelikewine

SPlDEY said:
    <rant>

I know I'm biased but I've always liked the anonymity and the simplicity of forum based "mom and pop" web sites. It has a much more community feel to me... rather than doing all my shopping at Walmart.  

</rant>
    finelikewinecove

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    Clocking in from Thailand
    Happy new year........ to all and wishing that you find tons of rarer and Never satiate your endless vinyl addiction
    foefinelikewine

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    I still peep at least 2-3 times a week.

Fusk a Facebook

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    I still check in daily as well for the most part... and although I am on facebook - fuck facebook, I still prefer forums over facebook any day.
    finelikewine

• deezleedeezlee 298 Posts
    No Facebook Twitter ig. 
    I check soulstrut daily as it is superior. 

• I got facebook and it's funny to say but I think there's less genuine engagement even on SS's quieter times. I hit waxidermy as well. Facebook seems like a place to floss boring life milestones or promote gigs you want friends to come represent at but not a good place for focused shit talking or legit discussion. Being organized around a common interest helps I think. 
    finelikewine

I got facebook and it's funny to say but I think there's less genuine engagement even on SS's quieter times. I hit waxidermy as well. Facebook seems like a place to floss boring life milestones or promote gigs you want friends to come represent at but not a good place for focused shit talking or legit discussion. Being organized around a common interest helps I think. 

I agree.  90% of my strut friends don't post on there any more and for the 10% Herm and Gary make up for it.

REAL WORLD MOVEZ

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Danno3000 said:
    Hi Raj!

Yo Dan!  Nice to see you still check in.  I still cherish the memories of digging in ole Montreal.
    Yeah! Come on up to Toronto and we'll indulge in some nostalgia. 
    RAJketan

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Still check in on the reg. Haven't posted inna a while due to real world shitfest. (Best bud just kicked it before xmas after going down to the wire with ALS). Don't any of you dudes get that shit............... please.
        Kids are good though same w the lady. Been digging a fair bit.  It ain't what it used to be around that's for sure, but neither are we, and it still feels like home.
        Faceboob.....GTFOOHWTBS!

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Soul Trust por Vida

DORspc