Best record bag for 45s

2»

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Rich motherfuckers have to sell something in order to buy a convertible?!

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I only tour with seriously ugly soft bags myself. I love 'em. Well made, easy to carry and a lifetime guarantee. Can't beat 'em imo but what the hell do I know?

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    DeeRock said:
    I only tour with seriously ugly soft bags myself. I love 'em. Well made, easy to carry and a lifetime guarantee. Can't beat 'em imo but what the hell do I know?

Balleur

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    ignore...couldn't get pic to post

• Yawn....Frank is such a douche. Been there done all that shit and never said a word on a message board. What a lame.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Getting back to the durability of bags.
    I used to do luggage repair (decadses ago now) for airlines in the NE.

The T-B bags are made of ballistic nylon.
    Stuff holds up great to abuse.
    I assume there is a fiber board, or plastic frame between the nylon and the liner.
    Should be efficient to protect records as long as the bag is not stomped on. (Which could happen if you check the bag.)
    The bag also appears to have a leather wrapped metal frame around the exterior for more protection.
    Other materials like zippers appear to be top quality in the industry.

By contrast the pictured leather 45 case is going to show lots of scaring.
    Which is ok, call it a patina.
    The leather itself is not enough to protect it from airline abuse.
    I assume that it also has a fiberboard or plastic frame and an interior liner. Inside liner should be in calves skin to match the elegance of the exterior.

Either of these bags should last a life time.
    What the nylon bags lacks in style it makes up for in utility.

If you carry your bags on they should be very safe.
    If you check your bags either will survive most of the time, but the nylon will actually fare better.
    If you are checking records I would do something like but one of these bags into a larger suitcase with clothes packed all the way around.

Bags get run over by tuggs, caught on conveyor belts, dragged and left out in the rain.
    I have worked on all kinds of luggage. Leather is not a better luggage material than ballistic nylon. Just more attractive.
    Ridged hard shell luggage is not better than ballistic nylon, it just looks stronger.

• akaaka 67 Posts
    Bump from a lurker to say I ordered a bag from Tucker Bloom (the north to south messenger bag) and I'm really happy with it. For anyone that orders the shoulder pad, make sure you say which way it should curve. I wear the bag on the opposite shoulder, so when it arrived it was curved the wrong way for me. TB was fantastic about it and looked after getting it fixed.

Really happy with the bag and even happier with the customer service. I couldn't be more confident in the lifetime warranty -- these guys are no joke.

aka said:
    Bump from a lurker to say I ordered a bag from Tucker Bloom (the north to south messenger bag) and I'm really happy with it. For anyone that orders the shoulder pad, make sure you say which way it should curve. I wear the bag on the opposite shoulder, so when it arrived it was curved the wrong way for me. TB was fantastic about it and looked after getting it fixed.

Really happy with the bag and even happier with the customer service. I couldn't be more confident in the lifetime warranty -- these guys are no joke.

Yup. I got my 45 bag a few weeks ago and I love it. One small suggestion to them would be to make the adjustable strap longer so that it can be carried cross-chest instead of just slung over the shoulder. Just makes it easier to cart 100 or so 45's, but I'm otherwise loving the bag.

• Thanks for the suggestions guys. We stand by our products and want to make sure that they live up to expectations. I'll look into a length that works better for cross body for the Rich Medina 45 bag, I just flew with one last week and felt good about it, but I could see how wearing it with a heavy jacket could get a little tight. I'm looking into a way to offer the various lengths and shoulder curves without it getting overwhelming for customers. If you guys see anything else please let me know. I've spent to much time on the site I don't see anything objectively any more.

FYI We've got a new 45 bag coming out in a few weeks. It should fit around 50 pieces. Looking good in development so far.

Shout to LaserWolf for knowing about Ballistic Nylon and patinas.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    You should always trust someone named case to make your bags

• Delay said:
    You should always trust someone named case to make your bags

;blap:

• Just wanted to drop this here. We've got a new 45 bag available as of today. Whatcha think?

Check it out

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    HOTSOUP said:
    Just wanted to drop this here. We've got a new 45 bag available as of today. Whatcha think?

Check it out

Looks solid for a 100 45s should get you through the night, good price point too. Could've benefited by using some dodo bird or manatee skin covering though, don't think enough extinct or endangered animals were harmed in production.

• HOTSOUPHOTSOUP 63 Posts
    Version 2.0 of the Rich Medina 45 Bag just dropped!
    http://www.tucker-bloom.com/collections/frontpage/products/rich-medina-45-bag

I'd say that is THE BEST RECORD BAG FOR 45s. Judging by the pics.
    I think Supreme was repping this on facebook.

I absolutely love my Rich Medina 1.0 bag. Highly recommended. I get asked about it quite a bit when gigging.

I'm sure the 2.0 is even better with longer hand and shoulder straps.

speakmumbles said:

If you want to have a orangutan penis leather box, go ahead and have one.

I had an orangutan penis leather 45 case.
    If rubbed it became an lp case.

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    I copped this early this year.
    https://djcity.com.au/product/magma-43040-riot-45-record-bag/
    Its pretty decent for the price and Im liking it so far. Only downside is the top doesn't zip completely off.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    kicks79 said:
    I copped this early this year.
    https://djcity.com.au/product/magma-43040-riot-45-record-bag/
    Its pretty decent for the price and Im liking it so far. Only downside is the top doesn't zip completely off.
    Yep, I got the 45 king version, which is exactly the same but more expensive
    I didnt wish the top zipped off until last week where I did a gig with someone who had the rich medina bag (i think it was) where the top came off and there was only room next to the turntables for one bag.

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    Yeah pretty much my experience as well. If there's limited space the top coming off is very handy.