Donald Trump for President!

Comments

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    JectWon said:

...about the Pastor at Obama's church saying "God Damn America" at a service that was recorded...Obama literally had to VERY publicly denounce him and his Church AND he had to give one of the most amazing speeches on race I've heard since my history classes on civil rights....and even that wasn't enough for some people to "get over it"...I am 100% certain that the same people that were outraged with Obama's affiliation with that Pastor aren't the least bit pissed off about David Duke endorsing Trump and him kinda'sorta "denouncing" it.  
    And the "news" outlets played that same 10-second clip (which was what? 15 years old at the time?) over and over, for weeks.
    JectWon

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    white_tea said:
    VOTE OR DIE

FROM NYT:
    Democratic turnout has fallen drastically since 2008, the last time the party had a contested primary, with roughly three million fewer Democrats voting in the 15 states that held caucuses or primaries through Tuesday, according to unofficial election results tallied through Wednesday afternoon. It declined in almost every state, dropping by roughly 50 percent in Texas and 40 percent in Tennessee. In Arkansas, Alabama, and Georgia, the number of Democrats voting decreased by between a quarter and a third.

The fall-off in Democratic primary turnout — which often reveals whether a candidate is exciting voters and attracting them to the polls — reached deeply into some of the core groups of voters Mrs. Clinton must not only win in November, but turn out in large numbers. It stands in sharp contrast to the flood of energized new voters showing up at the polls to vote for Donald J. Trump in the Republican contest.
    LOL
    Black man not popular in the south shocker.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    JectWon said:
    ketan said:
    Just started watching Horace & Pete (it's amazing) and this was funny (as a non-American): 

Ha.  That's Kurt Metzger.  He's fucking hilarious.  You should check his special (White Precious) out.  It's my favorite comedy special from the last couple of years.  

Here is a DailyMotion link to it: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3pv10v_kurt-metzger-white-precious-2014_shortfilms  ;

Nice - I'll check that set.  You know, virtually everyone in that show is an amazing comic or actor; but I didn't know that guy. 

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    white_tea said:
    VOTE OR DIE

FROM NYT:
    Democratic turnout has fallen drastically since 2008, the last time the party had a contested primary, with roughly three million fewer Democrats voting in the 15 states that held caucuses or primaries through Tuesday, according to unofficial election results tallied through Wednesday afternoon. It declined in almost every state, dropping by roughly 50 percent in Texas and 40 percent in Tennessee. In Arkansas, Alabama, and Georgia, the number of Democrats voting decreased by between a quarter and a third.

The fall-off in Democratic primary turnout — which often reveals whether a candidate is exciting voters and attracting them to the polls — reached deeply into some of the core groups of voters Mrs. Clinton must not only win in November, but turn out in large numbers. It stands in sharp contrast to the flood of energized new voters showing up at the polls to vote for Donald J. Trump in the Republican contest.
    LOL
    Umm... that's the exact opposite of what should be the takeaway. Data showed declining turnout for Clinton, when compared to Obama in '08. Based on your many anti-U.S. posts, I don't expect any nuance on your takes on America, Duderonomy, but I do expect at the bare minimum reading comprehension, ok?

• Today Trump said that Romney would have happily given him a blowjob in return for his 2012 endorsement.

This election campaign is peeling all of the fake dignity off of the GOP and revealing them for the vapid racist assholes they always have been.  I hope the debate tonight resembles a particularly nasty version of the Aristocrats joke.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    white_tea said:

Democratic turnout has fallen drastically since 2008, the last time the party had a contested primary, 
    with roughly three million fewer Democrats voting in the 15 states that held caucuses or primaries
    through Tuesday, according to unofficial election results tallied through Wednesday afternoon.

It declined in almost every state, dropping by roughly 50 percent in Texas and 40 percent in Tennessee.
    In Arkansas, Alabama, and Georgia, the number of Democrats voting decreased by between a quarter
    and a third.
    The fall-off in Democratic primary turnout — which often reveals whether a candidate is exciting
    voters and attracting them to the polls — reached deeply into some of the core groups of voters
    Mrs. Clinton must not only win in November, but turn out in large numbers.

It stands in sharp contrast to the flood of energized new voters showing up at
    the polls to vote for Donald J. Trump in the Republican contest.
    (Spaced it out so it doesn't require scrolling and loss-of-attention)

I read this as : "Dems were hyped for Obama back in 2008 but have no lovv for Hils and dem this time."

white_tea said:
    white_tea said:
    VOTE OR DIE

FROM NYT:

LOL
    Umm... that's the exact opposite of what should be the takeaway. Data showed declining turnout for Clinton, when compared to Obama in '08. Based on your many anti-U.S. posts, I don't expect any nuance on your takes on America, Duderonomy, but I do expect at the bare minimum reading comprehension, ok?

You're right. My blind prejudice made me think Romney took the south.

What I see is that even with increased voter participation, Obama didn't win in the south ('08 or '12), while the previous successful Dem President (Bill) Clinton took Louisiana, Tennessee, and Arkansas.

The scrolling thing does make it difficult to read, but it's not a huge leap of imagination to see that a black president, hugely unpopular in the south, may have soured the party for dem voters.

Do you think Obama would've gotten the Ku Klux Klan endorsement if he had been running against Trump instead of Hilary?

^^^^^^^

The coveted KKK endorsement! Hard to say whom David Duke n Nem would've rolled with. But, yes, you're right - bigger-picture the entire South is pretty much entirely Red. Could Clinton even carry her former state of Arkansas? Probably not.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    And the boy Duder gets a vote in both US and UK elections - iirc has similar levels of distaste for both

L*o to speak on it

OUR FATE
    skel said:
    And the boy Duder gets a vote in both US and UK elections - iirc has similar levels of distaste for both

L*o to speak on it
    THE FAIT OF THE WESTERN WORLD LIES IN HIS HANDS!

Jimster said:
    OUR FATE
    skel said:

L*o to speak on it
    THE FAIT OF THE WESTERN WORLD LIES IN HIS HANDS!
    Haha.

Yup, spent my early childhood in the US. The first schools I went to were over there, and post parental-divorce, I've been back-and-forth all of my life. I guess I identify as British as I've spent most of my life there and was culturally raised by my English mum, but the question of living with my father, or just living in the US as an American, has hung over me my entire life. "Period".
    I can understand why I seem too removed to have an opinion, but I don't give a crap, it's my blood and my life, and almost worth the unintended offence caused for Rockadelic to utter the immortal line "Go and laugh in your own country". My mum is a leftwing hippie. You could take my dad out of Mississippi (the USAF did - to Vietnam, Turkey, Greece), but you can't take the Mississippi out of him, so I find it just as hard as my mum did to tolerate the cultural norms that infect his otherwise very decent character. Maybe when I attack America, I'm attacking the differences that tore my family apart.
    Maybe.
    Buy also teh USA is the current world super-power, and I'm probably also voicing everyone else's distaste for it's foreign policy side-effects, made all the more toxic for the country's arrogance and disregard for the consequences of it's actions that are generally felt first by other countries. If the US is going to play world policeman, it's going to get criticised by anyone with a voice. Get over it.

And yes Skel, the rightwing capatilist shitfest that is British politics at the moment meant leaving Britain behind wasn't something I had to hesitate about for a second. More's the pity.

• Reynaldo82Reynaldo82 NorCal 73 Posts
    I'm a Bernie Sanders supporter but I'd have a beer with Trump over Hillary. We'd talk business and make fun of people. Her trotting out the Kissinger endorsement alone showed me that she's operating on a political level so rarefied and far removed from the average American that it's shocking. I will hold my nose and vote for her over Trump for the sake of some vague sense of basic economic stability that she will be able to continue from Obama's administration, but that's it. The general vibe that she gives off is really fake and slimy. Trump is a true wildcard who clearly just likes to troll people and ride angry populist waves.
    JectWonDuderonomy

I'm a Bernie Sanders supporter but I'd have a beer with Trump over Hillary. We'd talk business and make fun of people. Her trotting out the Kissinger endorsement alone showed me that she's operating on a political level so rarefied and far removed from the average American that it's shocking. I will hold my nose and vote for her over Trump for the sake of some vague sense of basic economic stability that she will be able to continue from Obama's administration, but that's it. The general vibe that she gives off is really fake and slimy. Trump is a true wildcard who clearly just likes to troll people and ride angry populist waves.
    Same. Other than being a Sanders supporter. I probably agree with Sanders on most things, but for a career politician he's not really shown he knows how to play the game effectively, and get things done. Also, purely from an optics standpoint, Sanders and his family aren't really cutting the mustard. Clinton reads as fake, sure, and her administration would likely have a few of the major scandals so refreshingly absent with Obama, but none of these other dudes are even close to Hillary IMHO.

... the unintended offence caused for Rockadelic to utter the immortal line "Go and laugh in your own country". 
    Ha!  That was Rich Rock?  I need to nudge him to get back here.  I do nudge James from time to time, but I think next one is TILT.

• Does anyone think this isn't about butthurt concerning the first black president and the civil rights advances and immigrants moving to America and certain people losing privileges?
    I feel like this is behind pretty much every odious ideology on the rise. Mens Rights guys, for example, come from the same tree. Being white and male in the United States, even if you were poor, afforded you some big segments of the population you could look down on - women, blacks, whatever. And as inequality rises and globalization reduces the material worth, independence and power of these people ever farther, the blame is much more easily placed on "feminization" (in the case of MRAs), or in the case of the Trump supporter, immigrants, Islam, the young, and people in other countries in general. It's people seeing their cultural stratum falling further and further due to macroeconomic reasons they may not be aware of, and grasping for someone to beat up and keep below them to maintain self-worth.

I don't think it's dissimilar in Europe either.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    WTF I log into Soulstrut for the first time in ages and see a poast I started from 5 years ago is real life prophecy now!

I never wanted to be so wrong in my life

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    day said:
    1000 words.
    ~
    Hahaha. OMG everything in this thread from the past is true!!!!

(I don't know how to put the post-modern graemlin here)
    Duderonomy

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    From 6 months ago...

This is all your fault! HA

DOR s
    DOR said:
    so this is one elaborate joke right?

So A jinxed it huh?

Ya'll are gonna end up with Trump for Pres.

It will be an entertaining 4 years thats for sure.

Only hope is that Bernie beats Clinton. IMO, he can beat Trump. Clinton can't.

• Have I missed Rock's prediction of President Trump yet?

Have I missed Rock's prediction of President Trump yet?
    I would guess not a fan.

I still think Trump doesn't want to be President.

• They have an anthem.

DOR said:
    white_tea said:
    Hate to break it to you guys, but Hillary is going to be president.
    I'm not sure about this. Republicans hate the Clintons with a passion. They will be coming out in full force.

I'm willing to put money on this.

If Trump is the Republican nominee, Clinton will not win.

Her against any other Republican could be a win.

Sanders could beat Trump. But would have a tough time against Cruz.

Damn... Really wish Bernie had won.
    Duderonomy

• Reynaldo82Reynaldo82 NorCal 73 Posts
    WTF I log into Soulstrut for the first time in ages and see a poast I started from 5 years ago is real life prophecy now!

I never wanted to be so wrong in my life
    How do you feel now?

THANKS, OBAMA TRUMP, 'MURCA.

This isn't a narrow victory. Looking at the senate and house results the Dems have really lost big.

2016. What a time to be alive.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts

2016. What a time to be alive.

more like what a time to not want to be alive, amirite?

I have boshed out a beat in honour of this momentous occasion.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way – in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.
    ketan

Say what you like about Trump, but the man paid a Russian prostitute to pee on him, and then married her. I think that takes a level of class above skull-fucking a severed pig's head.
    Jimster

• Not sure which is creepier to be honest

dukeofdelridge