Podcast Suggestions

I've been listening to Joe Buddens, It's The Real and Rap Radar's podcast for awhile. They are starting to get played out and I need a change up. 

Any podcast's you listen to weekly that you recommend? 

Thanks!

Comments

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Combat Jack has some great ones, the interview with Eric B a few weeks ago was amazing.

Rosenberg Radio/Juan Epstein is usually pretty fun as well.

• The Cipher- very good interviews weekly (despite the horrible name)
    Ice-T- the final level -has good interviews 
    Nore has new Podcast called Drink Champs. Looks promising. 
    Vlad's Couch is decent too. 

BTW- Cosign the Juan Ep podcast...
    classic! 

JectWon

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Straight From The 'Ville with Blaak The 9th Man on Fridays

• BODEGA BOYS two closet 90s rap fans from the bronx talking dirt, like, take any strut discussion topic and make every person posting the funniest motherfucker, it's like that
    JectWon

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    BODEGA BOYS two closet 90s rap fans from the bronx talking dirt, like, take any strut discussion topic and make every person posting the funniest motherfucker, it's like that
     dude...you got me hooked.  I'm on episode 5 and it's hilarious.  Good fuckin' look.  

EIGHTY

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    Desus on ep.18 straight up said "Peter Guns got that Bronx vasectomy. Which is wearing skinny jeans and smoking a lot of hookah." I was laughing my ass off after I heard that. 
    JectWon

• I would suggest The Fighter and The Kid with Bryan Callen and Brandon Schaub. They talk about sports and everything else under the sun. 

• re: bodega boys, check out Desus Versus Mero too, their old one, if you want more and don't mind 2014-era topical jokes, I didn't. plus it's pre-mtv so they gave even less of a shit about anything. less "I'm finally making it big" talk and more "I just cashed a 50 cent check for these podcasts". I'm glad to see them get some shine now though.
    JectWon

Just found another one.  I'm realllly digging the KRS episode on Drink Champs with DJ EFN and N.O.R.E.

Hella hip-hop history.  Fahkin awesome.  Gonna listen to the others now.  Some guests are ehhhhh but have potential to be interesting as hell, anyways.  

• Excellent Reception by Lil Dave outta Philly is great. He takes a music topic and goes in on it for about 45 minutes (this week was Nautilus). Keeps it moving with thoughtful insight and I always hear something new (even if I don't expect to given the topic). The only bad thing is that it doesn't really stick to a regular schedule so episodes drop pretty infrequently. 

https://soundcloud.com/excellentreception
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/excellent-reception/id1055756716?mt=2
    JectWon

The Cipher- very good interviews weekly (despite the horrible name)
    Ice-T- the final level -has good interviews 
    Nore has new Podcast called Drink Champs. Looks promising. 
    Vlad's Couch is decent too. 

BTW- Cosign the Juan Ep podcast...
    classic! 

Damn...how'd I miss this.  Beat me to the punch on Drink Champs.  
    countmacula

• Just found amity good Podcast!
    The Library with Tim Einenkel 
    guest list include
    J-Zone
    Positive K
    Terrie B (old school white female gangsta rapper)
    ive listened to the J-Zone Ep but it's good!

• *a new

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    Stumbled upon this one today. The Jake One episode is really good. 

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    A friend runs this podcast, Beholder Halfway, which features more personal (often academic) takes on a wide range of music.  

http://www.beholderhalfway.com/

I just did one on stress and drug use in hip hop.  Can't vouch for it!  It's airing right now on Resonance Extra and Resonance FM.  Will be archived in a week or two, I think.
    https://extra.resonance.fm/episodes/beholder-halfway-number-23-w-slash-ketan-shankardass-2017-08-22-1

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    Here is another podcast for people to check out.  Good interview and also a special push notification to make you look at your phone in disgust. 

Gotta clean my cell now. 

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts