LAS TRILLIZAS DE ORO / POCHOCLO

francois parkerfrancois parker formerly know as Parkz. 125 Posts

Heard this played at a festival a few years ago. 

Weatherall was playing and I wasn't feeling his set at all (and it was his set I went to hear) so I went for a wanderer found a tent with a guy playing real good stuff and this cover of Popcorn blew me away, sounds kind of Wickermanish to me (the vocal harmonies). 

Anyone know if it's a raer? I have a dig around online from time to time and I never find a trace of it,maybe my google skills are weak. 

Anyone got this, seen it? 

It's listed on Discogs but not for sale. 

Comments

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts

from reading the comments on that youtube link it seems like they were also the chorus on some Julio Iglesias albums, seems like they were a pretty big pop group at the time. No idea if this 45 in particular is rare though.

• beezerholmesbeezerholmes Edinburgh 59 Posts

I posted this in the real headz subforum a week or so ago. 

This record rarely shows up for sale, but when it does it is pretty much worthless. 

That could change if people are starting to play it though...

tbh this looks like the kind of thing that's very common in Argentina but gets overlooked by diggers and dealers, probably because those girls released tons of cheese. It's the same thing here in Brazil, especially for pop artists from that period.

it's a fun tune though, if you're in the mood for getting shoved together with some goats into a giant effigy and being set on fire.

• francois parkerfrancois parker formerly know as Parkz. 125 Posts

Thanks for the info guys. 

I had a feeling it mightbe one of those near worthless (money wise) joints that seldom pop up for sale. 

Due to its low monitory value dealers probably don't try to shift it online.

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts

Votel comp'd it on 'minus minus music' or there is an OG from argentina pon the bay for 20 bucks

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts

Wow. I never thought I would see anybody talk about them on here. And yes, this is somewhat common and I personally don't see the appeal of it.

ppadilha start stacking up those Xuxa records.

BTW, generally speaking, records in Argentina aren't in the best shape and the quality of the pressings is usually mediocre. Records like these, that were targeted for kids even more so. So if and when one pops up online, it is likely going to be beat to shit.

ost said:

like this one?

b/w

this brazilian kiddie record has become highly sought after lately

Yeah, but that's actually an interesting cover of 'Don't push it, don't force it'

• francois parkerfrancois parker formerly know as Parkz. 125 Posts

Votel comp'd it on 'minus minus music' or there is an OG from argentina pon the bay for 20 bucks

Big big thats for the tip, I really use ebay but do check from time to time but I didn't notice this listing when I checked a few days ago. 

Anyway I've clicked the BUY IT NOW its greaded as NM so hopefully in a week or two I'll be annoying/entertaining the customers down the pub giving Pochoclo a spin.

Sidenote: I've never heard any other version of Popcorn I like.

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    ost said:

like this one?

b/w

this brazilian kiddie record has become highly sought after lately

brazilian kids records are of pretty high standard tbf

• So I gave this a spin on saturday night.

Here's what the bar owner said:
    "whats this shit your playing"

Personally I thought it sounded great!